Syphon Filter Vs Metal Gear Solid = ???

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Now that the dust has settled, which game do you guys think is better.

I don't own Syphon Filter (figured it sucked because of the name but I'm reading and seeing differently now) so I can't participate in this debate but I do own Metal Gear and once I became acclimated to the controls (although there is still some wonkiness at times, like reloading a full clip, WTF?) it feels very easy to play.

And yes, I'll probably get Syphon Filter once I see it hit 20 or 25 bucks.

So what do you guys think of both these games. I can already see Syphon Filter having an edge with mutliplayer voice chat and 8 player matches.

I prefer Syphon Filter. Both are good, but Syphon is more my speed. $20.00 new at Gamerush if you can still find it.

[quote name='Ebraum']I prefer Syphon Filter. Both are good, but Syphon is more my speed. $20.00 new at Gamerush if you can still find it.[/quote]

Sheeeit, the nearest Game Rush is miles and miles away. OK!

i liked MGS:pO single player better. I haven't tried it online yet, but Syphon Filter has had the best multiplayer so far

The storyline to MGS is better then Syphon Filter's, I think that's why I like the single player more

[quote name='mm91187']i liked MGS:pO single player better. I haven't tried it online yet, but Syphon Filter has had the best multiplayer so far

The storyline to MGS is better then Syphon Filter's, I think that's why I like the single player more[/QUOTE]

That's REALLY saying something, as Syphon Filter has a great story.

I haven't played Metal Gear yet, but totally vouch for Syphon Filter. Fantastic gameplay (think Splinter Cell but you can also fight your way through if you want/screw up the stealth). Fantastic graphics, fantastic music (Mark Snow!), voice acting, and an awesome plot IMO.

IGN called it the PSP's killer app, the type of game that just OWNS so to speak, and shows what the hardware can do. I love my DS, but I get so mad at PSP bashers-there's no way in hell the DS could do Syphon Filter (or plenty of other games) and in fact it would be one of the best games this year on a "big" system.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm not even a fan of the Syphon Filter series. I bought 2 I think back in the day and got stuck after a level or two and sold it. Couldn't even make it through the PS2 game's demo. The PSP game isn't even in the same league as those. Right off the bat you can tell the graphics destroy the PS2 game...but of course more importantly, it plays GREAT and is super fun.

I've never played it online 'cause I don't have wifi and don't really like that sort of thing, but it does seem like it would be a good multiplayer game too, if you're into that sort of thing.

[quote name='trunks982']did u guys try Mission Impossible Operation Surma? I know its not PSP.[/QUOTE]

One of the eary CAG games :razz: pretty mediocre.

After owning and playing both, I prefer MGS, it has the better storyline, is more pick-up-and-play and did things in a different way. Regardless, both are excellent games worth owning at full price.

damn I was playing Syphon Filter b4 MGS came out,

then I started playing MGS never felt like going back to SF...

instead all I play is gunpey and dj max.

I should finish SF tho before I pop in my new ghouls n ghosts

I like how they did MGS:pO single player. Most of the missions last around 10 minutes at most, maybe even 5 minutes if you just run in there and not worry about recruiting soldiers. They made it perfect as a portable game, the load times are nothing to worry about either

Don't get me wrong, Syphon Filter is the game I played the most before I got MGS, the online in Syphon Filter rules any game out there

After playing Metal Gear Solid 3 and HATING it (to my complete surprise) I would be even more shocked if Portable OPs compares to Dark Mirror.

syphon filter is really good make sure you use the headphones as the sound effects and music really draw you in. Thought the boss battles were to easy though. But definte must play for psp owners.

bread's done
Back