System selector preferences

evilpenguin9000

CAGiversary!
Recently I've encountered the problem of wanting to play games on different systems, but not wanting to have to unhook one system and then hook up another system to play. Anyone have any experience with the system selectors you can find out there? This one is at Gamestop. Any good?

I know MrBadExample bought one of these selectors and it was absolute garbage. Didn't work right from the moment I left the box. Not sure which it was, but I'm just looking for some testimony from others who've bought this sort of item and their experiences with it. All help appreciated. Thanks.

I can't click the link (blocked at work) but I have one. I think I have the Pelican one (though, I bought mine a few years ago.

Now, I don't have an HD tv or anything of that nature, but if your playing in standard def, I think most of them will get the job done. Honestly, I'd highly suggest it. At first, I felt odd spending $20 on something that was just a minor convenience, but its so nice to just hit a button and start playing a new system.

Pelican System Selector Pro (not the 2.0 version).

It can connect up to eight systems, each with composite, s-video, or component input, as well as optical audio.

It has removable hard plastic labels for the last gen systems. I made my own color labels and print them on sticker paper and place over the preprinted labels:

SystemLabels-2.png

[quote name='Gentlegamer']Pelican System Selector Pro (not the 2.0 version).

It can connect up to eight systems, each with composite, s-video, or component input, as well as optical audio.:

[/QUOTE]

Best selector ever made. It's well worth the price.

Thanks for the inserts Gentlegamer!

[quote name='Gentlegamer']Pelican System Selector Pro (not the 2.0 version).

It can connect up to eight systems, each with composite, s-video, or component input, as well as optical audio.

It has removable hard plastic labels for the last gen systems. I made my own color labels and print them on sticker paper and place over the preprinted labels:

SystemLabels-2.png
[/quote]

Don't forget the ethernet ports. That's what sold me on it rather than another brand!

I have the one that the OP linked to, and it's worked perfectly fine for me for a couple years, even after a couple big drops off my TV.

Does anyone make a selector that can change the "channels" via remote? Nothing is worse than getting up, putting a game in your 360, plopping down to play it, and you switch your TV over, and see you've got your selector on "PS2", and you have to get all the way up again. Bahh, effort sucks!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I have the one that the OP linked to, and it's worked perfectly fine for me for a couple years, even after a couple big drops off my TV.

Does anyone make a selector that can change the "channels" via remote? Nothing is worse than getting up, putting a game in your 360, plopping down to play it, and you switch your TV over, and see you've got your selector on "PS2", and you have to get all the way up again. Bahh, effort sucks![/quote]The System Selector Pro series has models with remotes.

I have the Joytech 540C. It totally rocks although if you aren't a fan of the 360 then you will be put off by it's styling.

104_Control_Center_.jpg

4 Component Video, 4 S-Video, 5 Composite Video, 5 port 10/100 Ethernet, 1 proprietary Xbox 360 connectionn and has optical audio as well. It comes with a remote and has a backlit LCD that you can program to say whatever you want.

For the amount some of these are going for, why don't you buy an A/V receiver instead? You can get a great, cheap Onkyo system for $139 shipped from shoponkyo.com. 5.1 sound and enough connections to between a few systems.

[quote name='torifile']For the amount some of these are going for, why don't you buy an A/V receiver instead? You can get a great, cheap Onkyo system for $139 shipped from shoponkyo.com. 5.1 sound and enough connections to between a few systems.[/QUOTE]
Many of us have too many systems for even the highg end models to have the connections for. You add those with DVR's, dvd players and the such and you end up needing to look for a system selector.

bread's done
Back