System Selector

Stick821

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone know of a good, cheap system selector. I need it to hook up my NES, Genesis, DC, SNES, and N64. I only have the RF hookups for the Genesis, NES, and the N64. Anyone have any ideas?

Pelican makes a pretty cheap one. I have it and it works great.

23216450.JPG

I'm gonna call this, System Selector Menstration. Because, like clockwork, EVERY MONTH SOMEONE ASKS THIS QUESTION. Here's a crazy thought, use the search feature.

[quote name='javeryh']Pelican makes a pretty cheap one. I have it and it works great.

23216450.JPG
[/QUOTE]

I have the black version of that one. It's great but I don't know if I'd call $100 cheap though.

Before I got the System Selector Pro, I used a smaller Pellican one that kind of looked like a PS2 system. Had S-video + RF inputs (only 1 RF) and removable name plates too. I never use it anymore, so I'd sell it for $15 shipped if you want. Or could do a trade too. Let me know. Here's what it looks like:

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Pelican-5-Way-System-Selector-20516-S-4-7

[quote name='DreamSymphony']I don't know of any selectors that have multiple RF connections...[/QUOTE]

The Pelican PL-940, which is the one I own, has RF jacks for all its hookups. RF, S-Video and RCA for all ports. 5 inputs for devices, one output. Works pretty good, and you can easily find it for less than $20.

It's in the Universal section of accessories on the Pelican website, of http://www.pelicanperformance.com .

[quote name='norkusa']I have the black version of that one. It's great but I don't know if I'd call $100 cheap though.[/QUOTE]

I definitely don't remember paying $100 for it - I think I got mine for around $50... and that was 2 almost years ago...

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I'm gonna call this, System Selector Menstration. Because, like clockwork, EVERY MONTH SOMEONE ASKS THIS QUESTION. Here's a crazy thought, use the search feature.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the following menstrations as well.

"Whats your favorite console "
"When is (insert game here) going to be in stock at (insert store here)"
"What do you look like?"
"Whats your favorite game"
"JoeSchmo's top 50 games list"

I could go on...

[quote name='shrike4242']The Pelican PL-940, which is the one I own, has RF jacks for all its hookups.[/QUOTE]

That's the same one I have. It only has 1 set of RF inputs/outputs. The rest are all composite/s-video

javeryh: I don't know where you got it for $50, but that's a hell of a deal. They usually retail everywhere for $100. I think I've seen them a few times at Gamestop for $80 though.

[quote name='shrike4242']The Pelican PL-940, which is the one I own, has RF jacks for all its hookups. RF, S-Video and RCA for all ports. 5 inputs for devices, one output. Works pretty good, and you can easily find it for less than $20.

It's in the Universal section of accessories on the Pelican website, of http://www.pelicanperformance.com .[/QUOTE]

I have that one, but it only has one input/output RF jack on the left side

the "$100" one doesn't support "rf." i'm sure you could find a "rf" switch at radio shack or somebody elses offer ^^

btw: the system selector pro is great. had mines for about 2 years now. got it for around $75.

Could you hook up your gamecube via S-video to this selector and then have component cables go from the selector to the TV and have gamecube games in Component video ....... rather than buying the nintendo brand component cables?

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Could you hook up your gamecube via S-video to this selector and then have component cables go from the selector to the TV and have gamecube games in Component video ....... rather than buying the nintendo brand component cables?[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't up-convert S-video or composite to component. Even if it did, you would only be getting the S-video quality.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']$100 is cheap for a lawyer making over $100k.....[/QUOTE]

No, $100 is still a lot of money. It's never about how much you have to spend - it's about how much the item is worth.

[quote name='norkusa'] javeryh: I don't know where you got it for $50, but that's a hell of a deal. They usually retail everywhere for $100. I think I've seen them a few times at Gamestop for $80 though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he got the system selector on clearance... i remember GS had the older model on clearance ($40?) to make way for the new model... the new one comes with a remote and some other additional feature (probably inputs).

[quote name='sabin23']Maybe he got the system selector on clearance... i remember GS had the older model on clearance ($40?) to make way for the new model... the new one comes with a remote and some other additional feature (probably inputs).[/QUOTE]

yeah, mine doesn't have the remote so that's probably why...

bread's done
Back