System Update - Wireless Guitars

elwood731

CAGiversary!
There's a new system update...but all Major Nelson says it does is get the system ready for this fall's wireless guitars. Yay.

Two thoughts here:
  • It's scary to read about the apparent feature regression that the update is causing from people in MN's post's comments. Is that true?
  • Yet again, the only reference is to wireless GHIII guitars - still makes me wonder if all those Rock Band bundles are dead-on in that the 360 version has a wired guitar.

[quote name='seanr1221']Am I the only one who doesn't mind a wired guitar?[/quote]

It's just a matter of convenience and not having wires trailing everywhere which did kind of bug me with the PS2 version.

Plus the fact I damn well knew they were gonna release a wireless guitar eventually, thats why I didn't buy GH2, I'll be damned if I'm getting double-dipped for the guitar!

[quote name='seanr1221']Am I the only one who doesn't mind a wired guitar?[/QUOTE]

Yesterday, I would have been in your camp. My Xplorer guitar died on me yesterday (won't register when plugged into USB sources, though the USB ports on the 360 are fine).

fuck the cords!

Thanks for the short n' sweet clarification on the dashboard update.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yesterday, I would have been in your camp. My Xplorer guitar died on me yesterday (won't register when plugged into USB sources, though the USB ports on the 360 are fine).

fuck the cords!

Thanks for the short n' sweet clarification on the dashboard update.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. I don't know what I'd do in that situation...I play GH2 everyday.

I don't understand why this is an update for everyone and not activated by GHII or something. I really could care less about wireless guitars, why do I have to download it.

The whole thing just seems counter-intuitive to MS's whole "twice a year unless it's an emergency" thing.

I agree. This should have been included with the applicable games. I myself don't mind a wired controller. I think it makes it a more authentic guitar playing experience.

[quote name='radjago']I agree. This should have been included with the applicable games. I myself don't mind a wired controller. I think it makes it a more authentic guitar playing experience.[/quote]
right, cause there's no such thing as a real wireless guitar :roll:.

personally, I stand too far from my console to make it feasible.

What the hell?

I downloaded the update and my console automatically restarted. Got to the dashboard, and it showed the "Open Tray" at the bottom. The thing is, Dead Rising was in the tray already. Not sure why it didn't say the game title.

Looks like it is working properly now though.

[quote name='Rig']What the hell?

I downloaded the update and my console automatically restarted. Got to the dashboard, and it showed the "Open Tray" at the bottom. The thing is, Dead Rising was in the tray already. Not sure why it didn't say the game title.

Looks like it is working properly now though.[/quote]

That's a bad sign. My Xbox did that before I had to send it in because the drive failed. This update is making me really scared to update.

[quote name='Rig']What the hell?

Looks like it is working properly now though.[/quote]

It did that to me too. I think what happened was it cleared out the part of the cache that holds the disc title when you put it in. Since this is the first update since the one that contained that feature, it may just be a part of the process.

[quote name='seanr1221']Am I the only one who doesn't mind a wired guitar?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I had a wireless guitar for the PS2, and I swore there was always some lag involved versus the wired controller. I will be using the wired controller for GH3.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Aren't the wireless guitars going to cost like $80?[/QUOTE]
I thought it came with the game?

I do think it's weird that this wasn't just part of GH3's update.

I also got the open tray thing, which scared me into thinking my DVD drive was dying, but it seems like it's common for this update and probably just a cache thing as mentioned.

Same thing happened to me, Rig. My 360 is running fine ( besides giving me random DREs, but that's a totally unrelated story ) so far. I think it just does that after the update.

Also, yeah, I was thinking tis was the fall update when it was really something stupid that I really don't need. I don't play guitar hero at all ( though i will when the price goes down ) and I guess I would know to not tug so much on the cord ( so it won't move the console and scratch the disc ). Maybe the update also enables 3rd party wireless controllers?

:rofl:

bread's done
Back