T.r.u. Pre-order Campout Stories Thread

thagoat

CAGiversary!
here's my story from the ps3 t.r.u. campout. i called all the stores mid afternoon in my area to see if lines were forming. lo and behold all six stores in my vicinity had lines at 2 in the fuckING afternoon. (only six ps3's per store). long story short, ill be camping in my bedroom tonight:bomb:

yeah mine had the same thing

oh well

im just going to wait on ps3 since i dont even have an hdtv yet

i'm getting wii and already have 360, so i think i'll just stick to those for now

this is gonna be harder than i thought, i even planned on going to the tru in fucking west virginia. even they had a line in mid afternoon. insane!!

Jesus F'N Christ via shit on a pogo stick.... this is insane when one has to line up just to PREORDER the damn thing. Then line up again the night before to get the damn unit.

I swear some people have more time than things to do with on this planet.

calculated how many dollars per hour i would make by camping and ebaying the system. it wasn't worth my time, so no camping for me.

anyone know if tru or any retailer for that matter is guaranteed these units or is it still up in the air and depending on sony's ability to ship on time?

[quote name='gaelan']calculated how many dollars per hour i would make by camping and ebaying the system. it wasn't worth my time, so no camping for me.[/quote]

same here. i'd make more at work per hour than i'd make by camping/buying a PS3 and selling it online (which is all i'd want it for anyway), so it quite literally is not worth my time.

good luck to those that do the double-waiting thing, though!

[quote name='allyourblood']same here. i'd make more at work per hour than i'd make by camping/buying a PS3 and selling it online (which is all i'd want it for anyway), so it quite literally is not worth my time.

good luck to those that do the double-waiting thing, though![/QUOTE]

I waited in line for 30 minutes at my local GS to get one. I'm assuming it will take me 10 minutes to list it and another 15 of my time to drop it off at the UPS store when it sells(again, assuming GS sticks to its promise that the'll get the amount of PS3s).

After the $642 I'd have to pay back for the system, and the Ebay fees, I'll probably be up anywhere from $700- $1000 depending on how high the mania is for these things. I don't know where you guys work to get $1000 for less than 30 minutes of standing around, and 20 minutes of sipping a beer in front of your computer, but please let me know so I can change my major.

Reality's Fringe;2320321] After the $642 I'd have to pay back for the system said:
the 48-hr wait at my nearest TRU and 24-hr wait at my nearest Gamestop tells me that, at least from where i sit, you lucked out. our conditions aren't the same, are they? if i could walk up to a joint and pay them after a 30-minute wait, i probably wouldn't have gone and posted what i did earlier.

i have a pal that runs the video dept. at a retail chain, and he's pretty much my only hope of a painless purchase. as i stated, i don't want to play it, so i'm not gonna jump thru any hoops at all to get one.

[quote name='allyourblood']the 48-hr wait at my nearest TRU and 24-hr wait at my nearest Gamestop tells me that, at least from where i sit, you lucked out. our conditions aren't the same, are they? if i could walk up to a joint and pay them after a 30-minute wait, i probably wouldn't have gone and posted what i did earlier.

i have a pal that runs the video dept. at a retail chain, and he's pretty much my only hope of a painless purchase. as i stated, i don't want to play it, so i'm not gonna jump thru any hoops at all to get one.[/QUOTE]

I know, and I didn't mean for that to sound inflammatory(so, I apologize if you took it as an insult), it's just that such a statement is usually used in the pejorative sense. I keep hearing "u gon sell ur PS3 lol get a job", and it's like, seriously, what job could I get in college that would pay me almost $1k for less than an hour's work?

Regardless, with standard 8 hr shifts, and a chance at 1K proft, you'd still have to be making at least $62.50 an hour for it not to be worth it to wait in line for one. Of course, that's discounting what your free time is worth to you. For me, my time is cheap :lol:

bread's done
Back