Taco Bell PS Vita contest disappointment

preston181

CAGiversary!
Link to article with more info:Contest was rigged, claims Taco Bell.

If you received a message that you had won a PS Vita on Taco Bell's contest website, think again. Taco Bell claims that someone "gamed the system", and as a result, produced too many winners.

Maybe they should take a cue from Subway, from which many of us, myself included, won Sony-branded prizes.

[quote name='killer9']subway. Is stupid taco bell isn't[/QUOTE]

This coming from a person lacking grammar. It's punctuated like this: "Subway is stupid, Taco Bell is not".

Anyhow, the Subway contest actually gave out the prizes people won. Even in some cases where they used multiple e-mail addresses.

This wasn't about Taco Bell being "stupid". It was about some hacker, as they claim, tinkering with the settings that controlled the frequency of the "winner" page being displayed.

I said they should take a cue from Subway, and meant that they should set their contest pages in the future to generate winners in the way that Subway's contest pages have.

My local Taco Bell NEVER handed out the advertised promos for this when I made an appropriate purchase, always claiming that they are "out of stock". Later discovered that there was/is a case of internal theft/tinkering involving employees stealing/entering promo codes. Every single one of my friends who DID get a code had an error message telling them that the code had already been redeemed/entered. Supposedly it's a huge mess/deal here and store in question is in deep trouble over it.

[quote name='preston181']This coming from a person lacking grammar. It's punctuated like this: "Subway is stupid, Taco Bell is not".

Anyhow, the Subway contest actually gave out the prizes people won. Even in some cases where they used multiple e-mail addresses.

This wasn't about Taco Bell being "stupid". It was about some hacker, as they claim, tinkering with the settings that controlled the frequency of the "winner" page being displayed.

I said they should take a cue from Subway, and meant that they should set their contest pages in the future to generate winners in the way that Subway's contest pages have.[/QUOTE]

The other guy was right Taco bell is smart. You got prizes from subway because they were naive enough to send them to people who cheated and claimed multiple prizes. There were people on CAG making multiple accounts/bots the greed was disgusting. In this case now Taco bell isn't to blame its the people that once again try to cheat the system who ruin it for everyone else. Yeah Taco bell could have used better software etc. but you can only put so much liability on them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go4S3WTA5pM

[quote name='needler420']The other guy was right Taco bell is smart. You got prizes from subway because they were naive enough to send them to people who cheated and claimed multiple prizes. There were people on CAG making multiple accounts/bots the greed was disgusting. In this case now Taco bell isn't to blame its the people that once again try to cheat the system who ruin it for everyone else. Yeah Taco bell could have used better software etc. but you can only put so much liability on them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go4S3WTA5pM[/QUOTE]
the guy in the videos needs to go and buy a vita

[quote name='needler420']The other guy was right Taco bell is smart. You got prizes from subway because they were naive enough to send them to people who cheated and claimed multiple prizes. There were people on CAG making multiple accounts/bots the greed was disgusting. In this case now Taco bell isn't to blame its the people that once again try to cheat the system who ruin it for everyone else. Yeah Taco bell could have used better software etc. but you can only put so much liability on them.

I agree that they aren't to blame, and that scammers do ruin it for others.

I'm not a big Taco Bell fan, (their food pretty much looks the same going in as it does coming out), but if I had thought I had won, and then was told I didn't, I'd probably of been pretty upset.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']Later discovered that there was/is a case of internal theft/tinkering involving employees stealing/entering promo codes. Every single one of my friends who DID get a code had an error message telling them that the code had already been redeemed/entered.[/QUOTE]

This right fucking here. Both of my codes had already been redeemed. Kills me that half the time they can't get my orders straight, but for a free Vita they have no problem reading off the codes.

I bought one of those $5 boxes from Taco Bell. I didn't win. Years ago though, I did win a Slim PS2 from a McDonalds Big Mac meal! I still haven't even opened it.

Im sorry but I lost it when he said "Happy Horse Shit" :lol:

i only entered once for the luls and lost. i much rather buy a vita than do a taco bell promo. never once had good luck when it came to contests with them. at least with subway i actually won free swag from them like DLC and amazon gift cards and whatnot.

Well that sucks for those that actually one without cheating/exploiting the system. If I could have stomached those $5 boxes I would have actually participated in the contest more than once myself.

[quote name='The Bryant']Im sorry but I lost it when he said "Happy Horse Shit" :lol:[/QUOTE]I lost it when I saw the guy.

When I read the title, I was thinking "Great, another contest that was rigged so there were no actual winners or prizes."
Since I had not heard of any winners, that is just where I went. Besides, I cannot tell you how many times I have sent away for a "list of winners" of contests and got absolutley NOTHING back.
Anyway, this was an interesting twist for me.

bread's done
Back