Taiko Drum Master $9.99 Target B&M YMMV

Richlough

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I picked up this game w/drum [of course] yesterday for $9.99 .

I think I like Donkey Konga much , much better .
Does anyone know the Gamerush trade value ?

Oh well , happy hunting .

Awesome, I got the last copy at my local Target. The box was sorta banged up and the shrink wrap was coming off, but for 10 dollars I could care less. My cashier was so suprised; "You know this was 60 a few weeks ago, right?!". Haha, yeah I know. I know damn well. Thanks OP. I played a bit of it last night and it's very fun, but I can't get used to hitting the rim for the blue notes. In due time I suppose.

Two Targets in San Antonio, TX have 6+
Had to ask the guest service lady to look it up using the number 722674100236 and then asked where they would be if they weren't on the floor and she happily printed me out a recipt with a list of stockrooms on it and told me to hand it to the guy in the electronics department. The guy took one look at it and exclaimed "I know exactly where this is at!" and happily brought the game out.

So the target service desk would be able to lookup inventory given the UPC? I thought they use a different number (SKU of some sort) to go by.

I called one Target and told them i had the DCPI number (as mentioned in an earlier post) and then gave her the upc. She told me that current store was out of stock, but when I asked if she could tell me if any of the other Targets in my area had it, she gladly gave me inventory counts of each local store. Then I used the same number when I went in to one of stores that had it in stock, with no problems or even funny looks.

So in short: yes.

I had no problem finding them once I got the employees to scan my printed barcode and grab it from storage. Managed to snag 2 of them from the two targets in my area.

[quote name='Hot Like Wasabi']DPCI: 207 12 1080

My store here in Jacksonville had a few left but they were all in the back.[/quote]I will try it sometime this week to see if I can get one more and let everyone in my area know if there are any left.

Grabbed the last one in the Janesville, WI. Target. Thanks OP. It was on an endcap with DK:JB and still marked $30. As I walked by the guy at the electronics island (the area with the glass cases and register) I mentioned that I heard that it was $10 and he said he didn't think so because they update prices every Monday. I asked him to scan it and it came up $10. He was floored. Any ideas why this price dropped on a different day than regular? Anybody?

Overall fun little game. It's a little on the loud side in terms of striking the drum and I know I'm going to hear some BS from neighbors (I live in an apartment) if I don't play during the afternoon.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Overall fun little game. It's a little on the loud side in terms of striking the drum and I know I'm going to hear some BS from neighbors (I live in an apartment) if I don't play during the afternoon.[/quote]

Yikes, it's that loud? I picked up a couple of these to play sometime soon, but I worry about anoying the neighbors too, so I'm having second thoughts. Is there a way to dampen it if you can only play at night without affecting the sensor sensivitiy. Kinda ruins the effect, but I only really have time to play at night.

[quote name='2&2']Yikes, it's that loud? I picked up a couple of these to play sometime soon, but I worry about anoying the neighbors too, so I'm having second thoughts. Is there a way to dampen it if you can only play at night without affecting the sensor sensivitiy. Kinda ruins the effect, but I only really have time to play at night.[/QUOTE]

The drum is hard plastic, and the sticks are hard plastic too. You can't really tap lightly and make it register on screen. YOu have to strike the drum. I've considered just playing with the controller and when I have the right arena, break out the drum. Ad far as dampening the sound, I'll look into it and see what I come up with.

Thanks for this OP.

Picked up two of these at the Cityplace Dallas Target for two-player action.

I believe they had one left in the back.

Here are the stock numbers that guest services gave me:

Love Field Target - 1
Medallion Shopping Center Target - 2
Richardson Square Mall Target - 2
Plano, West Parker - 1
Cityplace - 3 (i bought two, so now 1)
Irving, W. Airport Freeway - 3
Garland, Centerville - 1
Allen, Mcdermott - 2
Euless, Gladr Road - 1
Flowermound, Long Prairie - 1

Finally got one, had to ask for it and they were shoved somewhere in the back room.

There's 1 more left at the Mira Mesa Target if anyone wants it.

Gah, I missed out on this entirely, none at any of my local CC's. If anyone has an extra they want to sell, let me know please.

I purchased this game a few months back from an etoys.com sale. I have one of the older style "fat" PS2's and couldn't get this game to load. It's on a blue bottom disc and I would get a DRE when trying to play it. I sent it back and got another copy only to have the same error. So far this is the only game that I haven't been able to play on my system. My PS2 is from one of the middle production runs, not an early system but also not that newest either (don't have the exact model number with me here at work).

Just a heads up for those not owning a "slim" PS2 yet, it may not work on all of the older PS2 models.....

I just called and the woman said that it is discontinued and it's no longer at any Target's. I think she just said that because there weren't any near my zip code. I should try back with a different one. Anyone else call today and get locations with it?

[quote name='tolonen']I just called and the woman said that it is discontinued and it's no longer at any Target's. I think she just said that because there weren't any near my zip code. I should try back with a different one. Anyone else call today and get locations with it?[/QUOTE]

It actually is discontinued but you should be able to still find it.

Yeah there were 2 in Mira Mesa, but one of the boxes was damaged and there was no shrinkwrap. Enjoy your Taiko game, Menkimati.

[quote name='dallow']Thanks for this OP.

Picked up two of these at the Cityplace Dallas Target for two-player action.

I believe they had one left in the back.

Here are the stock numbers that guest services gave me:

Love Field Target - 1
Medallion Shopping Center Target - 2
Richardson Square Mall Target - 2
Plano, West Parker - 1
Cityplace - 3 (i bought two, so now 1)
Irving, W. Airport Freeway - 3
Garland, Centerville - 1
Allen, Mcdermott - 2
Euless, Gladr Road - 1
Flowermound, Long Prairie - 1[/QUOTE]

Drats, I'm about 10 miles away from Flowermound...probably gone by now. Either way, it's too risky to use even more gas up! (Traveled ~98 miles to and from Fry's in Plano just to snag their last copy of Vampire Night for $30)

Grabbed two at the Trotwood, Ohio target, one for a second controller, and one (for trade or to give to my nephew for his birthday, whichever comes first)- There's one left if anyone in the area needs it. Thanks OP, much better than the $30 or so I was about to drop at TRU for a second controller.

Well, after a day of finding no good deals around, I decided to hit up the Flowermound, TX store, and - whaddya know - they still had their only copy left! Needless to say, I snatched it and forgot about all of the sour deals I found today. :D

[quote name='thetshell']I purchased this game a few months back from an etoys.com sale. I have one of the older style "fat" PS2's and couldn't get this game to load. It's on a blue bottom disc and I would get a DRE when trying to play it. I sent it back and got another copy only to have the same error. So far this is the only game that I haven't been able to play on my system. My PS2 is from one of the middle production runs, not an early system but also not that newest either (don't have the exact model number with me here at work).

Just a heads up for those not owning a "slim" PS2 yet, it may not work on all of the older PS2 models.....[/quote]

Ummm yeah.
I've found this out the hard way....

UGH.

Man, I hope my Target still has some. I really need to start checkin this site more often!

[quote name='thetshell']I purchased this game a few months back from an etoys.com sale. I have one of the older style "fat" PS2's and couldn't get this game to load. It's on a blue bottom disc and I would get a DRE when trying to play it. I sent it back and got another copy only to have the same error. So far this is the only game that I haven't been able to play on my system. My PS2 is from one of the middle production runs, not an early system but also not that newest either (don't have the exact model number with me here at work).

Just a heads up for those not owning a "slim" PS2 yet, it may not work on all of the older PS2 models.....[/QUOTE]
I have the same thing happen with 'blue discs' (ie CD games) even after Sony allegedly repaired my system. Thankfully there is an easy fix that has worked for me and a lot of other people. Just put four inch-long pieces of scotch tape in a square configuration around the center disc hole (on the top of the disc). As long as I do that CD games run perfectly. I forget the exact cost (dust or something), but it's a common fix for this problem, especially if non-CD games work fine.

[/QUOTE]

I sort of have the same problem with blue discs. For some reason, I could play Gradius V at first, but when I couldn't play it because my PS2 wasn't reading it, I got rid of it. I didn't realize this was a CD until I opened it up. Oddly enough, the game worked fine. I give up trying to figure my PS2 out. ^_^;;;;

I am not sure why some people have had trouble with this game, as I have been playing this game regularly since it came out. Let me set some things straight:

1. Blue Disk Game- Older PS2's (launch to mid/late run fat models) eperience problems with reading CD (Not DVD) games. I have easily solved this issue by simply flipping the system upside down after the game has been put in. Although I have done this with maybe of my games I have not had any scratching but as always, YMMV depending on your console. Be sure to check the disk every 3-4 plays for them.

2. Strudiness of the Drum- Whenever I play this game I immerse myself and turn up the stereo and rock out! I really beat the crap out of this drum as much as a normal drum player would and this baby still holds and registers good. I dont hit it with all my might but I hit with enough power to hear a good plastic-on-plastic smacking noise.

In all, dont hesitate at all with trying to enjoy this game to all of your content! It is awesome.

[quote name='GHardin']Well, after a day of finding no good deals around, I decided to hit up the Flowermound, TX store, and - whaddya know - they still had their only copy left! Needless to say, I snatched it and forgot about all of the sour deals I found today. :D[/quote]

Hey man, glad my info helped you out!

And for those recommending the solutions to the PS2 disc read error, thanks, I'll try them out.

[quote name='Z-Saber']You guys have to realize these things are huge and heavy. Shipping would absolutely kill the deal.[/quote]

As long as the shipping is under $10, I'm willing to pay for it.

You should be able to ship these things via media mail, since they are technically a software/media package, right?

I don't have a weighing machine, how heavy are these things anyway? 4 lbs?

[quote name='eau']You should be able to ship these things via media mail, since they are technically a software/media package, right?

I don't have a weighing machine, how heavy are these things anyway? 4 lbs?[/QUOTE]

It's hard to find places online that show the dimensions of the package....Amazon amusingly lists it twice, saying it weighs 1lb on one description, and 2lbs on another. You look at eBay, and notice that the shipping on all of them range from $15-$20 (granted, you wouldn't really want to go there, but I digress). It feels a little heavier than 2lbs, though.

Sorry to bump this thread from the dead, but I guess this deal is still going on! I was really surprised (I hadn't come across this thread before), and grabbed one of these from one of my local Targets today for $9.99!

bread's done
Back