Taiko Drum Master comes with 2 Drum styli w/commercial

trunks982

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/gaming/stuff-that...aiko-drum-master-comes-with-sticks-268128.php

Release date: July 26, 2007

Yesasia $46.99 shipped:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004825629/
Use the coupon code: US
It takes $5 off $30 to make it $41.99 shipped.
Thanks to Sway - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142580

Play-Asia $51.50 shipped:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-15-taiko+ds-70-2050.html

Here's the commercial:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezqMAgyDiV0[/media]

[quote name='SpazX']Awesome. If it comes to the US and they don't somehow fuck it up, this game is mine.[/quote]

i'm guessing it won't have the music from the japanese version, and instead you will get the Jackson 5 and Britney Spears.

If it does come stateside, the musical selection will suck. The song selection probably won't be as big as a PS2, or even PSP, release due to limited cart space.

[quote name='espy605']If it does come stateside, the musical selection will suck. The song selection probably won't be as big as a PS2, or even PSP, release due to limited cart space.[/quote]

How many songs are you hoping for? Ouendan 2 has 19.

I hope this comes to the US with the drumsticks. We got screwed for Pac Pix and Kirby (although we did get something for Kirby later) and probably quite a few other games.

Oh, Electroplankton, too.

From GoNintendo....
http://gonintendo.com/?p=19102
Here is the track list for the Japanese version

Sakuranbo (J-POP) (Popularized by Otsuka Ai)
Kibun Joujou (J-POP) (Popularized by mihimaru GT)
Natsu Matsuri (J-POP) (Popularized by whiteberry)
Ketsu no Asa ni (Movie “Brave Story” Theme Song) (popularized by Aqua Timez)
WON’T BE LONG (J-POP) (Popularized by EXILE x Koda Kumi)
Mataaimashou (J-POP) (Popularized by SEAMO)
DANCE2 feat. Soysauce (Glico “Pocky Chocolate” CM Song) (Popularized by ORANGE RANGE)
Anpanman no March (”Sore Ike! Anpanman”)
Mei Tantei Conan Main Theme (Anime Movie “Mei Tantei Conan”)
Doraemon no Uta (Opening / Doraemon)
Pretty Cure 5, Smile gogo! (Yes! Pretty Cure 5)
Juuken Sentai Gekiranger (Opening “Juuken Sentai Gekiranger”)
Together (”Pocket Monsters Diamond Pearl” Opening Theme)
Touch (Anime)
Tarako Tarako Tarako (Kewpie Tarako Cod Roe Pasta Sauce CM Official Song) (Popularized by Kigurumi)
Mori no Kuma-san (Nursery Rhyme & Folk Song)
Classic Wedding Melody Hen (Classic)
Super Mario Brothers (Game Music)

Hope that helps anyone thinking about importing this game

If I buy this it'll definitely be an import... I forgot about the localization factor.

I'll have to wait until it releases. Unless it's already out. Too lazy to look.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'll have to wait until it releases. Unless it's already out. Too lazy to look.[/quote]

July 26, according to Play Asia

[quote name='PleasantOne']July 26, according to Play Asia[/quote]

Ah, alright, thanks. I'll wait for reviews/impressions/videos, then, before I consider importing it. But I probably won't like the US version if it's anything like the change from Ouendan to EBA.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Ah, alright, thanks. I'll wait for reviews/impressions/videos, then, before I consider importing it. But I probably won't like the US version if it's anything like the change from Ouendan to EBA.[/QUOTE]

Or the PS2 version of Taiko. I enjoy it, but most of the music is pretty awful :cold:

Yeah, I've checked that out. Love the premise, hate the music. As long as they don't butcher the game when putting it on the DS it'll probably be a great import (yet another music game I'll buy before I buy Daigasso... at this point I'll never buy that :lol:)

[quote name='espy605']Around the 30 or so later Taiko games typically had, I think. I think I counted 18 on the list someone posted.[/quote]

I saw both PSP Taiko games at Fry's on Monday. The second Taiko game had a ton of tracks -- easily double the DS version.

$40 per game, which is a good price, but too much for me.

I might have to import this, if it ever does come to the U.S. the song selection will probably be pretty terrible. And I could always sell it if it doesn't suck.

here's a preview of the game play with the 2 stylii

mms://wms51.aii.co.jp/famitsu/wavetv/interview/070608_taiko.wmv

looks like i have to import this awesome game!!
the game play starts in the middle btw

Must import this!

Looks like red you hit the drum, blue you hit off the drum. I don't see any difference between the big and small icons though. :whistle2:k

I'll order this sometime next month, most likely from PlayAsia.

Bump. I just preordered this from YesAsia and jsut wanted to get this out there for anyone who's yet to see it.

Another bump to see if anyone else cares about this game, it shipped for me yesterday. Should have it in a week. Can't wait!

Game just sold like gangbusters in Japan... 50k first day, second shipment isn't until the end of August - be happy yours managed to get processe!before a sell out!

I'm definitely looking forward to this hopefully getting localized, let us know how it is.

is there any feedback from the game? i wonder if the fact that the touchscreen can't handle two simul styli ever hinders gameplay

Damn! That's crazy. I preordered July 7th, and I've been dying to play ever since. I'd've (real word?) gone crazy if I had to wait another month. :lol:

I'll definitely report back once it comes in and I play around with it for a bit.

Got the game today. Check out the size of those styli. Definitely larger than I expected.

I'll report back with some impressions once I get into the game. :D

Just remember, don't change your costume or you won't be able to continue in the game. No clue how or why you would change costumes, but it's a known defect.

Looking at Gamefaqs, it seems the bug only happens if you dress three players (there are three profile slots).

I don't really know why you would change your costume though. You get emails that offer challenges to get new costumes, but you can unlock all songs and difficulties without getting any costumes so I don't think they really have a point.

[quote name='tinytim3131']From GoNintendo....
http://gonintendo.com/?p=19102
Here is the track list for the Japanese version

Sakuranbo (J-POP) (Popularized by Otsuka Ai)
Kibun Joujou (J-POP) (Popularized by mihimaru GT)
Natsu Matsuri (J-POP) (Popularized by whiteberry)
Ketsu no Asa ni (Movie “Brave Story” Theme Song) (popularized by Aqua Timez)
WON’T BE LONG (J-POP) (Popularized by EXILE x Koda Kumi)
Mataaimashou (J-POP) (Popularized by SEAMO)
DANCE2 feat. Soysauce (Glico “Pocky Chocolate” CM Song) (Popularized by ORANGE RANGE)
Anpanman no March (”Sore Ike! Anpanman”)
Mei Tantei Conan Main Theme (Anime Movie “Mei Tantei Conan”)
Doraemon no Uta (Opening / Doraemon)
Pretty Cure 5, Smile gogo! (Yes! Pretty Cure 5)
Juuken Sentai Gekiranger (Opening “Juuken Sentai Gekiranger”)
Together (”Pocket Monsters Diamond Pearl” Opening Theme)
Touch (Anime)
Tarako Tarako Tarako (Kewpie Tarako Cod Roe Pasta Sauce CM Official Song) (Popularized by Kigurumi)
Mori no Kuma-san (Nursery Rhyme & Folk Song)
Classic Wedding Melody Hen (Classic)
Super Mario Brothers (Game Music)

Hope that helps anyone thinking about importing this game[/quote]

I would like to note that this list is incomplete. It lists 18 songs, and I currently have 31 songs and definitely haven't unlocked them all. can't really tell since it's all Japanesey. But I'm pretty sure there's more.

[quote name='hootie']Hahaha, Kibun Joujou is also in Ouendan 2, sweet.[/quote]

Yeah, I aced that song easy since I knew the beat from Ouendan 2. :lol:

... finally unlocked the last song?
Tenzaku 2000(Namco Original Song)
crazy...song...7 stars..

just counted I have 31 songs( the official site says 他多数収録...I believe it means more selection included)

It's gotta be one at a time, the DS touch screen is only capable of recognizing contact at one point at a time.

i played a bit of this yesterday. it seems super-easy so far, and i hope it ramps up the difficulty.

the arcade version wasn't really that hard either now that i think about it.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']i played a bit of this yesterday. it seems super-easy so far, and i hope it ramps up the difficulty.

the arcade version wasn't really that hard either now that i think about it.[/quote]
You have no idea. Oni is fucking rediculous.

I don't know if you're playing with the styli or the buttons, but Oni pretty much forces you to use the buttons if you want to pass. I'm exclusively using the buttons now to train up for Oni.

[quote name='yukine']I'd love to pick this up, but it looks like it's out of stock at Play-Asia at the moment.[/quote]
Yeah, apparantly it sold extremely well. Yesasia is also out of stock.

You may as well wait, since I believe the next shipment will be without the dress-up bug that causes your game to no longer be able to progress if you dress up your taiko on all three play files.

This is the type of game I'd love to get on clearance. I paid $50 for the original Taiko on PS2 and honestly felt a bit ripped off...

[quote name='Rozz']This is the type of game I'd love to get on clearance. I paid $50 for the original Taiko on PS2 and honestly felt a bit ripped off...[/quote]

Good luck finding it on clearance. ;)

Totally worth the $42 I paid, especially with the two styli. The song choice is much better than the PS2 Taiko, as well.

bread's done
Back