Taiko no Tatsujin DS 2 out now! Trailer added! More than a rhythm game!

Rocko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
\
Main site (JPN)

3/24/08
Trailer:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5vVpQaLSocU

Taken from PlayAsia:
Following the huge success of Namco's popular rhythm drum game Taiko no Tatsujin DS, a sequel is in the pipe to ship in April 2008.
This time, the keywords associated with taikos include “big adventures”, “the appearance of rivals” and “Away from Dojo mode”. While leading adventures amongst the seven islands, get in touch with all the taiko characters. Converse and duel with others, proceed through the adventures and progress with the plot! New fun is ahead!!

First time in this series: Opponents, Com, make an appearance. Their nastiness troubled the taikos and what are their up to? Duel with them through a concert and find out!
Taken from demanistyle.com forums:
[quote name='Song list'] Current updated list for Taiko DS 2 songs

-J-POP-
・PEACH
・愛唄 - Ai Uta
・リンダリンダ - Rinda Rinda
・Lifetime Respect -女編- - Lifetime Respect -Onna Hen-
・アゲ♂アゲ♂EVERY☆騎士 - Age♂Age♂EVERY☆Kishi

-Anime-
・おしりかじり虫 - Oshiri kajiri mushi
・ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 - Gegege no onitarou
・夢をかなえてドラえもん - Yume o kanae te doraemon
・アンパンマンたいそう - Anpanman taisou
・DAYBREAK'S BELL
・フコウの国のお姫さま - Fukou no kuni no ohimesama

-Children/Folk song-
・ABCのうた - ABC no uta (From Taiko Drum Master)

-Classical-
・交響曲第五番「運命」- koukyou kyoku dai go ban [unmei]
・ラ・カンパネラ - ra.kanpanera
・カルメン 組曲一番終曲 - Karumen kumikyoku ichi ban shuukyoku
・ボレロ - Borero

-Game-
・スペランカー - Superanka
・バンビーニ  「もじぴったん大辞典」より - Banbiini [Mojipittan dai jiten] yori
・エージェント夜を往く(とかちつくちて)- Eejento yoru o yuku ( to kachi tsu kuchi te)

-Namco Original-
・七色ハーモニー - Nanairo haamonii
・われら無敵のドコン団 - Ware ra muteki no dokon dan
・ゴーゴーキッチン - Googoo kicchin
・リッジレーサー - Rijji Reesaa
・さいたま2000 - Saitama2000
・太鼓侍 - Taiko Samurai[/quote]

There you have it. A new Taiko DS game due on on April 24th. Click the image for a link to purchase it at PlayAsia. I'll have to preorder this soon for myself, can't wait!

[quote name='botticus']Still waiting for the first one to get localized :whistle2:([/quote]

Why? I wouldn't count on it to begin with since the two Taiko PSP games haven't bee localized, and localization will change up all the music for the worse (see: EBA). Import!

Although I must say if you want a Taiko handheld game and have a PSP, that's a better route.

[quote name='Rocko']Although I must say if you want a Taiko handheld game and have a PSP, that's a better route.[/QUOTE]

What's better about the PSP version? I don't have a PSP, but I'm curious.

[quote name='crunchewy']What's better about the PSP version? I don't have a PSP, but I'm curious.[/quote]

Larger screen, better sound quality, more songs, and better visuals.

The DS game is still great, but if you have both systems and only want one of the games I'd say the PSP games would be more worth your $50.

[quote name='Rocko']Why? I wouldn't count on it to begin with since the two Taiko PSP games haven't bee localized, and localization will change up all the music for the worse (see: EBA). Import!

Although I must say if you want a Taiko handheld game and have a PSP, that's a better route.[/quote]
I would buy it for $30, just not sure if I can suffer $50. We'll see.

I agree with Rocko, I have enjoyed the PSP version, well the first game at least, more than the DS version. But that was mostly because of the first PSP game's song list (Ai wo torimodose, Rewrite, Lupin III theme, Sky Kid and Namco other games remixes, and Katamari on the Rocks FTW). I wonder how this game's song list will be...

I can't find any info on it via Google, so if anyone comes across some news bits about the game please post 'em up.

Bump.

It would appear as though this game takes on an adventure-y style, having you travel 7 islands and fight bosses and suck with the music. I'm a bit more leery of buying this game due to the language barrier that may present itself. However, it still looks really fun. Oh, the decisions.

As far as I can tell, no. I haven't seen anything stating that it *doesn't*, but I would assume it wouldn't, and that if it does, it would be advertised.

From what I played of Taiko for PS2, it was an ok game. Though I'm sure most Americans can't relate much to an actual taiko drum. I wasn't really into the English song selection, but I did however like the mini games. Such as the balancing dogs and cats mini game, for some reason me and my friends laughed so hard playing them.

I wouldn't import this for $50. I probably wouldn't consider it $30 shipped. Must be my hardcore Americanism. YOU-ESS-AY!

[quote name='botticus']I would buy it for $30, just not sure if I can suffer $50. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

It just so happens I have a MINT copy of the first PSP Taiko game. I'd take $30 shipped for it...or a trade for a good AAA DS game...

:)

[quote name='Homerun17']It comes with the Drum Styli as well![/quote]

No shit? D'ya have a link or something?

I was thinking recently that since they're advertising the fact that you can change the drum image on the touch screen to correspond to the instrument you're playing, they'd probably have to include them since not everyone has two styli.

But, I'd think they'd be advertising it more in the magazines.

[quote name='Homerun17']http://www.siliconera.com/2008/04/23/taiko-no-tatsujin-ds-sequel-also-bundled-with-drumsticks/[/quote]
Thanks, that's awesome to hear! I'll gladly take another set of styli, and stickers to boot! Such a long wait this will be. :[
[quote name='lawlflip']I'm disappointed in the songs compared to the first one.[/quote]

Really? That's a shame. I don't listen to any J-Pop outside of soundtracks from imported games so I don't know how it measures up yet.

I'm just really hoping the story mode will be manageable for a non-Japanese speaker. I briefly ventured into the story mode in Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 2 on the PSP and was lost.

omg I need to buy that stand...

pa.121410.6.jpg

it fits my modest way of life perfectly!!

[quote name='JEKKI']omg I need to buy that stand...

pa.121410.6.jpg

it fits my modest way of life perfectly!![/QUOTE]

thats really cool and not a bad price to boot

I saw that stand back when this game was first announced. I love it, but for $25? Damn! Added to the fact that I play with the buttons I just can't justify it. :[

bread's done
Back