Take a Lick of Megaman - a CheapyD/CAG Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a little song I put together that combines Akinyele's "Take a Lick" and a remix of the theme from one of the Megaman games. I call it, "Take a lick of Megaman".
Try to ignore the lame scratching attempts.

***WARNING***
The lyrics in Akinyele's "Take a Lick" are sexually explicit, therefore this track should not be listened to those under 18 without your parents approval. The lyrics do not reflect my personal opinions nor do they reflect the opinions of CAG Productions, LLC. The songs just happen to work very well together.

https://www.soundcloud.com/cheapyd/take-a-lick-of-megaman

Credits:
"Take a lick" by Akinyele from the Aktapuss soundtrack
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000020602

Megaman remix from Video Game Breaks & Sound Effects Volume 2
http://www.yosumi.com

Equipment used:
2 Technics 1200 Turntables
1 Boss SP-202 Sampler (for after the megaman record ends)
1 Gemini UMX-9 Mixer

NOTE: If you want to link to this song, please use this link:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15523

Last edited by a moderator:
I once mixed the theme from Street Fighter II with "Sister Christian" by Night Ranger. Yeah, it wasn't that good.

I downloaded it listened to it. I enjoyed it and the fact I enjoyed it has nothing to do with the fact that you run this site.

[quote name='magilacudy']Pretty hot beats. Thought there would be Megaman sound clips or Cheapy freestyling. Still, mad props Cheapy.[/quote]

I would pay to hear Cheapy freestyle.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='magilacudy']Pretty hot beats. Thought there would be Megaman sound clips or Cheapy freestyling. Still, mad props Cheapy.[/quote]

I would pay to hear Cheapy freestyle.[/quote]

Fool, you don't got the money to mail my game out on time how the fuck you gonna be spendin' money to hear Cheapy drop lyrics?

[quote name='magilacudy']Pretty hot beats. Thought there would be Megaman sound clips or Cheapy freestyling. Still, mad props Cheapy.[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't edit this at all on the PC, just recorded it live off the dj setup. Maybe I'll do another version when time permits.

[quote name='rvdrock']Cheapy you are uber-talented...but how the hell did you even think this up?[/quote]

Never question the imagination of a cheap ass.

i HATE rap, but i could listen to this song over and over, and that is saying something comming from someone who listens to only zelda OSTs in my free time.

[quote name='snotknocker']I wonder if Mr. Anderson got his parents approval?[/quote]

I wonder if you're being an asshole--actually, I don't have to wonder...

your next single off the CheapyD "Lyrical Video Games for that Azz" album should be like nes zelda track and...either mos def, talbi kweil, pharoahe monch, or common. that would be tight

That sucked!! Everything that's wrong with rap music right there in that song. Not Lil' Kim bad but right down there.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']have y'all heard cocoa brovaz - super brooklyn?

it has the classic mario music and beats....its hot....check it out if you want[/quote]

Yup, I have that record with a remix of it...wonder what I can combine with that...

So I wanted to listen to it, but Cheapy said "ask the parents". So I ask, and they're like "what the hell cheapassgamer.com! I forbid you to visit this site anymore" I was totally like "DAMN!". But yo, I don't care, so I went to live with my baby's mama. and now, I can't come to the site anymore after this because I ain't got no internet, I gots a kid to think about. but I heard it and it was ok, ya know for someone from NYC. No P.diddlydo, but pretty good.

[quote name='CheapyD']At E3, Konami is handing out vinyl with a track from MGS3. I hope I can do something with it.[/quote]

So, I got this thing home and I get all excited to throw it on the deck.
Upon opening up the sleeve, I am shocked to find that its not actually a record inside, but a CD inside of a cardboard record! CD?!?!? Where is the fun in that? I even took extra care getting it home as not to warp the vinyl.

I was wondering why Konami would go through the expense of printing records and I couldn't understand why everyone was rushing the booth guy to get one because I doubted that any of them had record players.
Duh.

Anyway, major disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back