Taking Cheapness Up 1 More Level!

mr_burnzz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I was at Bob's furniture looking at at bedroom set and decided to give haggling a shot. I was really hesitant because bob's is already at such a good value but said fuck it and tried anyways. Well, I got shot down. Felt kinda stupid but I had to try! I've gotten a few deals on clothes at the mall because I spoke to the manager about a certain piece having something wrong with it. Usually about 10% off. Have any of you gotten a deal at a place that normally wouldn't budge on their prices? What's your game plan?

"I like this item, but can't afford this price. What's the best price you can do for me on it?"

9 times out of 10 it works for me.

[quote name='mtxbass1']"I like this item, but can't afford this price. What's the best price you can do for me on it?"

9 times out of 10 it works for me.[/QUOTE]

Where do you pull this off? Mall?

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Where do you pull this off? Mall?[/QUOTE]

Wherever. I did this when I bought tires, did it for a mattress. I've done it for a lawn edger. You'd be surprised. Even some retail stores have no problems lowering the price on things.

If you're buying a TV at best buy, you should try haggling, especially if you're buying an extended warranty or accessories with it. The TV's have a huge markup, around 40% or more, so they're pretty willing to work with you on the price.

BB negotiates tvs, eh? I don't think I would purchase one from there though. Prices are a bit absurd. I tried haggling at 6th ave electronics but that shit didn't work there either. Maybe I just suck at it. I'm pretty good in chinatown NYC with the boot leg sunglasses. They'll go as low as 10-15 when they start off at like 30.

I've usually only haggle at the farmer's market for fish against the Asians.

Rarely bother haggling at the retail level since I can usually do a quick search on Amazon anyway. The exception is open box items. Got my current HDTV at RC Willey for $500 from their $700 asking price for a floor demo, which in turn was $1000 MSRP.

Actually, core products such as tv's, computers, tablets etc do not have much markup at all. I would estimate 15% TOPS on the MSRP, and gaming consoles have absolutely no margin at all. Also, if its on sale, 9 times out of 10 retailers lose money on core products. It is the attachments on accessories and service plans that will provide the margin at retailers such as Best Buy. That is why brick and mortar stores are struggling, prices for televisions are good, but no one wants to spend money on an HDMI cable when amazon can sell it for less due to less overhead cost.

Any place where employees get paid commission you can negotiate prices. Why in the world would someone let money walk away for a few bucks.

bread's done
Back