Taking suggestions on XBLA games to get

HotShotX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Well, with the CC XBLA deal that I'm sure everyone knows about by now, I have enough points to buy 8 more XBLA games, and I'm taking suggestions as to which those should be. I already have the following:

Hexic HD
Catan
Aegis Wing
Bomberman LIVE
Street Fighter II
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mini Putt Golf

~HotShotX

Castlevania:SOTN is excellent, well worth 800 points, maybe not so much if you finished the PS version I suppose.

I got a lot of enjoyment from Doom but I never really played it much back in the day so playing through it felt new to me, plus you've got online multiplayer/co-op as well.

Assault Heroes is quite good for a mindless blaster, worth 800 points if you like that kind of thing.

Pac Man and Geometry Wars for sure.
Castlevania if you've never played it
I was a fan of Mutant Storm reloaded when I first got X360

Id wait for Hexic 2 and Super Puzzle Fighter II. Thats what I am doing anyways. I dunno when they will be out but hopefully soon.

You are aware that you can download a trial version of all the games to try them out first right? I suggest you do that (especially if youre thinking about getting an older game you remember being good, or thinking about geometry wars...)

Geometry Wars is a no brainer. Outpost Kaloki X I always thought was underrated.

I cashed in on that CC deal too, I think I'll be picking up SOTN and waiting for Puzzle Fighter among other things.

TMNT: 1989
Marble Blast Ultra
Boom Boom Rocket (if you like rhythm games)
Castlevania
Geo Wars
Pacman CE
Uno
Pinball FX
Cloning Clyde

Alien Hominid (and Castle Crashers, whenever that's supposed to be out)

fuck you all, man. The Circuit City deal was a rip, my CC's didn't even have 1600 points in stock on Sunday! :( *mutters obscenities*

[quote name='PyroGamer']fuck you all, man. The Circuit City deal was a rip, my CC's didn't even have 1600 points in stock on Sunday! :( *mutters obscenities*[/QUOTE]

this deal was posted everywhere, even on sites that don't have deals-- should've picked some up early. ;)

Get assault heroes, my favorite XBLA game yet, I own 22 of them so that is kind of saying a lot.

These are all good too:
Uno
Texas hold em
Geometry Wars
Pacman CE
Alien hominid (probably one of the best XBLA games, but I already had it on the gamecube so I never purchased it)

Games I'd wait for:
Super SFII Turbo HD Remix
Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix
Castle Crashers

Games you should get:
SOTN
Geo Wars

I liked Prince of Persia, and the updated graphics looked nice on such a classic game. Not sure if it's your type of game though, so play the trial.

[quote name='Apossum']this deal was posted everywhere, even on sites that don't have deals-- should've picked some up early. ;)[/QUOTE]
Like 11:00 am Sunday? Yeah. Thanks for the advice. :|

[quote name='PyroGamer']Like 11:00 am Sunday? Yeah. Thanks for the advice. :|[/quote]
the deal has been posted on this site since 7/19/07.

and like with any deal, get in early.

[quote name='massermind19']I would pick up the game that plays like Super Smash Bros. I can't think of the name right now.[/QUOTE]

small arms is terrible.

And a little off topic but does anyone know how many points prince of persia costs.

[quote name='massermind19']I would pick up the game that plays like Super Smash Bros. I can't think of the name right now.[/quote]
Small Arms this game is pretty cool also

[quote name='mr ryles']small arms is terrible.

And a little off topic but does anyone know how many points prince of persia costs.[/quote]
800. Good game, good visuals. Getting up on the leaderboard can be fun too.

[quote name='glockant']the deal has been posted on this site since 7/19/07.

and like with any deal, get in early.[/QUOTE]
Wait... are you saying you can use the price guarantee on these things? I didn't realize that you could price-guarantee special offers.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Wait... are you saying you can use the price guarantee on these things? I didn't realize that you could price-guarantee special offers.[/quote]

Yeah, buy them before hand then price-match on the day. I'm always surprised each time one of these big, hit's every website deals comes around that so many people get in late.

I'd have thought by now people would learn, if there's a deal that a lot of CAG's are talking about 1-2 weeks in advance it's gonna be hot, get in quick or you're gonna be SOL.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Just ask to special order the cards.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, man. I went to Circuit City today to pick up and ad (new they'd be sold out), and they did just that.

My favorite arcade games:

Pac-Man Championship Edition
Prince of Persia (short game, but beautiful, worthy remake of the original classic)
UNO

I wish they had price drops on XBL games. I would buy Pac Man CE at 400 easy.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Thanks, man. I went to Circuit City today to pick up and ad (new they'd be sold out), and they did just that.
[/quote]

Nice, glad to hear it worked out. They were very easy and cool about it at my CC, so cool to see that some have had similar success. Now I just have to make the return trip out there.

bread's done
Back