Tales from the Play N Trade

Otherguy676

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I haven't seen a thread like this yet, but if you ever have been to a Play N Trade, you know they can have a pretty good retro selection. From what I have seen, the prices for retro games are not universal and can be different by store. I thought we could post our finds here and also try to confirm that the prices differ by store.

So far, I have gotten
PSOne Black Dawn Complete - $1
GB Cart Only Golf - $1
SNES Cybernator Complete - $5
N64 Castlevania 64 Complete - $5
2x Strategy X 2600 Complete (1 sealed!) - $5/apiece
2x Pooyan 2600 Both Sealed! - $5/apiece
Marine Wars 2600 Complete - $5
The following are Sega Master System games at $5 a pop, all complete unless noted
Zillion (missing manual)
Alf
Michael Jackson Moonwalker
Kenseiden
Miracle Warriors
Gorvillius

No one elase has any Play N Trade finds!? I got Panzer Dragoon 2 Zwei this past weekend complete for $15. Its the cheapest I've seen it since EB cleared their Saturn stuff out. I also found the elusive (and very rare) Power Strike SMS for $5 complete at a PNT. Its a great store, visit one if you have one by you.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Lol... what's play n trade?[/QUOTE]

Game store that deals in with used games and systems. Play N Trade has an deeper backlog of older stuff as well.

I picked up the original Ninja Gaiden on NES for $1 and FFIX for $7 as well as a new controller for my SNES for $5. The FFIX was a great find because thats my fav psone FF. I also ordered Risk for psone for a freind of mine. Im impressed with the store in general. Anything that takes on eb/gstop is good in my book. The staff are cool anbd helpful as well which is more than can be said for other stores

I found Lufia I & II (cart only) at a one of my local PNT for $5 each about 6 months ago. And about a month after that they had a Saturn System and about 15 disc only games for $80.

None of you'll, besides kdunn, who have said you have a Play N Trade in your town have stated where you're located. What state do you'll live in?

Not a single damn location here in PA and the closest one is out in NJ. If I had the capital to get a franchise, I know I'd open one up around here because there's a bajillion friggin' Gamestops and aside from the 2-3 smaller shops here, there's no REAL competition for them.

LMAO I hope you realize I was being sarcastic. Of course, Indiana Jones: Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Kung Fu Master for the 2600 were pretty good for games of that quality back in the day. I never did 'finish' ROTLA though, but I SWEAR I made it to the chamber where the Ark was, only to be killed by an snake.

[quote name='addicted2games']My Play N Trade seems to have ebay prices on their used games, especially the more rare items. oh well.............[/quote]

You aren't alone. Couple this with the store run by two guys who are about as useful as a sack of doorknobs, and you have the reason why I won't go in there anymore. I've given my local PnT several chances, but between their prices and "customer service", I'd rather go somewhere else.

A play N Trade just opened here a few weeks ago and I went by to check them out. Their prices seem a bit high. They had the Darkness for $54 same with NHL 08 used, I think this already had a universal price drop to $50 new and Darkness can be had for less than $20. Also saw a Dreamcast fighting stick for $60. Didn't have too many retro games to choose from, at least any that were any good. Hope their business picks up and he gets more stuff in.

ya mine uses Ebay prices to. They have Sonic Blast (Gamegear) & Samurai Shodown (NGPC) for $10 each, which I want but not for $10 cart only

lunar silver star story for sega cd .50 tekken 1 1.50 tekken 2 2.00 tekken 3 .50 chrono trigger 5.00 snes version chromehounds 3.00 xbox 360 was listed wrong forgot the 0 in 30 and gave it to me for the price on the tag

My play and trade just opened and well... it was kinda fucked up. I did not find any deals, but they did not have a lot of stock. I have not been back since the employees were trying to get me to buy a game I didn't want.

It seems Play N Trade Retro prices are not universal. My PNT uses the computer system and the one in Orlando sets prices on their own. My PNT is awsome, the owner is cool as can be and a wide knowledge on games. He even has a Donkey Kong arcade cab in the store up in running. And Alf is awful, I bought it for the rarity with intentions to trade it and haven't yet.
If I wasn't going to law school soon, I would try to open a PNT up, I am very impressed by my local store and how it runs.

IDK if this qualifies but
PSone:
MGS: Greatest Hits $4.99

PS2:
MGS: 2 SOL $2.99

I am not really in to the retro games but I know my store has a decent selection of them. Bradenton, FL

PNT in Minnesota is pretty decent. It's brand new. I picked up Test Drive for the 360 for $11.64. Their prices were fair. Nothing mind blowing though.

bread's done
Back