Tales of Destiny at Compuview Microsystems?

Squee

CAGiversary!
Has anyone bought anything from Compuview Microsystems? They appear to have Tales of Destiny 1 & 2 new and cheap. However, reviews at ReselleRatings.com seem like a mixed bag. Should I try to buy from them? :whistle2:?:

They LIE.

...but someone, PLEASE play guinea pig and see if this is true. If it is, then it's a miracle. New ToD2 for $26.53, Jesus. That'd be sweet.

Given the recurring theme in most of those reseller reviews is "Product listed on website was out-of-stock," I think you shouldn't expect too much. However, since the company is US based and it looks like their site is secure, I think the worst case scenario is just having to make a phone call to get charges refunded. Might be worth the trouble if you want the games badly enough.

The thing is, I noticed that practically all of the other games on the site have a shipping status of 'Preorder,' but the Tales of Destiny games, and apparently the Lunar games as well, are actually listed as '2+ weeks.' Just thought that was odd.

i think this is one of those sites like wholesalebyus, that claimed to have practically the very same games in stock. After receiving the game, the company then tries to order the game from one of their suppliers, and of course it is unavailable.

I ordered ToD II--I've been looking for this for several months now, so I had to give it a shot. I'm not expecting anything, but I'll give it a month or so before I start raising hell about it.

I don't think Buyrite games is the way to go on this one, they're a bunch of rippers (ResellerRatings anyone?). Where'd you hear they're excellent Reality (or was that sarcasm ;)?).

[quote name='Squee']I don't think Buyrite games is the way to go on this one, they're a bunch of rippers (ResellerRatings anyone?). Where'd you hear they're excellent Reality (or was that sarcasm ;)?).[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was being sarcastic. Almost all of the regulars know how bad Buyrite is, but I like to throw out Buyrite once in a while to see the terrified and abhorred responses. I think you're best bet for TOD2 is to just get lucky. I got lucky at my local GS not too long ago with TOD 1 in fantastic condition, so just be vigilant....and stay away from buyrite. :lol:

Reality's Fringe]Oh said:
lol, buyrite. I remember ordering from them once, it took about half a year for my entire order to finally arrive + about $50 in long-distance bills from calling them so much to bug them, lol. good times....

[quote name='DreamSymphony']My order was cancelled today stating "no longer available" :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm just glad they did it right away, saving me phone/email battles.
Alas, my quest for Tales II continues... Pretty soon I'm going to break down and drop $65 on eBay.

the eb thread is fun to watch.. i generally don't wake up early enough for the amazing deals.. like yesterday 8 Lunar 2 in stock.. it hasn't been in stock for months.. that was pretty incredible.. (of course this is the only day i wasn't up) ;)

bread's done
Back