Tales of Graces F (PS3) $54.99 + free shipping

Really... I mean the rock gagan joke about out the butt wasnt very good localiztion... I liked the implication in the jp version rather than making it a "poo poo caca" kids joke.

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']Not all of them, but it's hit or miss and when I can understand the jp versions it's hard for me to want the U.S. ones, even though I sometimes want to buy them....[/QUOTE]

Hell, if I could understand the JP versions, I'd avoid the US ones like the plague. But alas, it's a necessary evil to enjoy this series. :cry:

I can't say how well it was localized when compared to the original script. I can just say that I play A LOT of RPGs, and Tales localizations are usually among the best. The dialog flows well, and the voice acting is damn good.

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']Really... I mean the rock gagan joke about out the butt wasnt very good localiztion... I liked the implication in the jp version rather than making it a "poo poo caca" kids joke.[/QUOTE]

Well, for those who don't the luxury of knowing what the japanese translation was, the english bit at that part in the game, I found to be hilarious. :)

the jp version Sophie says "We have to go there..." and Cheria says "Wha..?"

Sophie: You know there...
Cheria: Are you saying what I think-
Sophie: there's no choice, but to leave through there...

It was something like that but it was a play on words.

I also found the rockgagong part to be quite hilarious. Unless you are butchering the 'word play', I don't think we are really missing anything... lol

yeah those jokes in the rockagong scene were actually not that funny by the script.. but Cheria is a great character with good voice acting and her over-the-top reaction made the moment

good game, by the way. worth $60.

I agree the price is worth it, best battle system in a Tales IMHO. Even better than Xillia, but with the two systems combined for Xillia 2 we'll see if it surpasses it.

bread's done
Back