Tales of Legendia preorder artbook... being sold seperately at EB?

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
I thought this only a preorder bonus for those that had preordered the game? I remember the thread for it, hell, some people didn't ever receive the Legendia artbook, and ebgames.com still offers it free when you buy the game.

I was in an EB the other day, looking through the guides, notice two of them mixed in the guides... thought to myself "awesome, someone probably put them here by accident, they'll probably just give them to me".

Nope, each one had a tag that said "PROMO - Legendia $19.99". Does EB normally sell leftover preorder bonuses like this? I've never seen it before.

[quote name='Roufuss']I thought this only a preorder bonus for those that had preordered the game? I remember the thread for it, hell, some people didn't ever receive the Legendia artbook, and ebgames.com still offers it free when you buy the game.

I was in an EB the other day, looking through the guides, notice two of them mixed in the guides... thought to myself "awesome, someone probably put them here by accident, they'll probably just give them to me".

Nope, each one had a tag that said "PROMO - Legendia $19.99". Does EB normally sell leftover preorder bonuses like this? I've never seen it before.[/QUOTE]
Yes. Technically its not left over preorder. All they are doing is that instead of giving it as promo to preorders, they are selling them to make extra money. Usually, workers keep the promo stuff before anyone even gets to see or know about it.

For instance, when Metal Gear Solid 2 came out, there were promo shirts for it for preorders. Those who preordered never got the shirt. My coworkers including me took them. There was only about 5 total. Instead of giving those 5 out to preorders and have people mad and fighting for it, we opted not to give them out. 99.9% of people didnt even know there were shirts being given out. Out of the 500 preorders we received, only 1-2 people asked.

I don't know, are they allowed to do this? I just checked my copy and it says not for resale on the back.

[quote name='yops2k']I don't know, are they allowed to do this? I just checked my copy and it says not for resale on the back.[/QUOTE]
They pretty much can do anything they want. They technically own the product.

Good to know - from now on I'm not going to pre-order from B&M. I'd gladly pay extra for shipping to guarantee that I get the bonus goods.

It's a price printing error. They don't often print $0.00 price tags at the distriburion center. It just prints the price of whatever is next to it in the shipment. But I can tell you 100% that it is $0.00 in the system. It sounds like someone either put it out as a mistake or is trying to get some extra money (either for themselves or the store [both of which can get you in big trouble])

And if you preordered the game you should have gotten the book even if the employees wanted some for themselves. They sent plenty of this item out. Can't say the same for every presell premium...

[quote name='Ziv']It's a price printing error. They don't often print $0.00 price tags at the distriburion center. It just prints the price of whatever is next to it in the shipment. But I can tell you 100% that it is $0.00 in the system. It sounds like someone either put it out as a mistake or is trying to get some extra money (either for themselves or the store [both of which can get you in big trouble])

And if you preordered the game you should have gotten the book even if the employees wanted some for themselves. They sent plenty of this item out. Can't say the same for every presell premium...[/QUOTE]
I dont think there is a price printing error. When Sonic Adventures for the DC came out, it came with that blue anniversay box with a coin and stuff in it. The price tag for that was $0.00. There were many other promo items that were priced at $0.00 as well such as Lunar Star Ghaleon Puppet and when they started to sell that separately, we had to price over the $0.00.

[quote name='Ziv']It's a price printing error. They don't often print $0.00 price tags at the distriburion center. It just prints the price of whatever is next to it in the shipment. But I can tell you 100% that it is $0.00 in the system. It sounds like someone either put it out as a mistake or is trying to get some extra money (either for themselves or the store [both of which can get you in big trouble])

And if you preordered the game you should have gotten the book even if the employees wanted some for themselves. They sent plenty of this item out. Can't say the same for every presell premium...[/QUOTE]

So if I go to buy that copy, it'll come up as $0.00?

[quote name='62t']yes, but they will probably manually adjust the price.[/quote]

If they're asses about it, tell them that it specifically says on the back, "not for resale." If they still say its 20 bucks, let them know you're going to take a picture of the price tag and not for resale and that you will call any/all agencies that you can think of (EB Corporate, the Tales of Legendia artbook publisher, Chamber of Commerce, BBB, etc). You have a 50/50 chance of getting it if you threaten, but then dont ever expect good customer service from them again.

When I asked one EB employee about this he said it was no longer a bonus with the game. If I wanted the game and book, I'd have to pay $70. I should've had him scan it though :)

I don't care what any one else says or thinks. I KNOW how it is. I looked it up in the computer myself. Don't believe me? That's fine. Call 1-800-800-5166 and complain about the store. Make sure you have the store's address so the call center knows what store you're complaining about. Don't be an ass about it, and, don't complain that they wouldn't give you something free when you didn't deserve it either. If you were buying the game and they had the promo book, then they should give it to you.

No no no. Guys, the only reason EB assigns a "price" to these items is so they are not just taken out of the store.

If it's marked PROMO $19.99 the real value is $0.00, but if they printed a $0.00 sticker it's more than likely that some kid would grab it and walk out. The value printed on the tags simply prevents this - they should still, however, be giving these items out for free when you purchase the associated game.

Just ask for the promo item the next time you purchase a game that goes along with it - if you don't have an asshat employee he should give it to you.

bread's done
Back