Tales of Monkey Island for PSN and ALL Platforms $19.99 thru 6/30

guermo

CAGiversary!
I don't think this has been posted yet, but just saw through joystiq that Tales of Monkey Island is finally coming to the Playstation network this Tuesday, June 15. The whole series is on sale for just $20 through June 30, and you can also go to Telltalegames.com and pick up the series for ANY other platform as well for $20 until June 30.

In addition, Sam and Max season 3 is also on sale right now for $25.

Been waiting a while for Tales of Monkey island for either the 360 or PSN. Pretty fired up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find. Here's the article in question.

$20 for the whole series is tempting. I hope the PSN version is a lot better than the WiiWare version where it had some features "reduced" compare to the PC/Mac versions.

The post title does not need to be bold, it's already in all caps, which is... excessive. Regardless good find.

Bold and unbolded are based on new posts or not - rather than OP settings.

[quote name='lude21']Figures...i just bought Secret of Monkey island for $10 from the psn. :([/QUOTE]

Why the sad face? That game is completely independent from any of the 'Tales' series. 'Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition' is a remake of the first game. After the original, 3 sequels were made. The 'Tales of Monkey Island' is an episodic, 5-part series of its own which takes place after the 4th Monkey Island game.

Oh, lol....i dont know much about the series. I mainly bought it cause i love old point and click games like Kings Quest and Space quest. KQ5 is one of my all time favs. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks Izod. I appreciate the clarification. I agree that all caps and bold is too excessive; I just had to go with caps since I didn't know how to go bold.

Now I know how bold/non-bold works I'll ditch the caps - thanks again for helping a rookie! Cheers.

Any word on it coming to Xbox 360? i dont have a PS3.
i really want this too. i tried the demo on my crapy PC and it was unplayable.

[quote name='Teujip']http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-15225.html

EDIT - OK, I should be more careful - turns out the list of trophies is just from a wishful fan...
trying to find a more official source[/QUOTE]

All PS3 games that went into certification on or after January 1, 2009 are required to have trophies. So basically every game released in 2009 or later has them, with a few notable exceptions like 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (though not the Japaense version, which does have trophies).

Well, for new games i have no doubt... but for re-releasing older games on the PSN, i'm not sure. For example, Sega will be re-releasing the Dreamcast games for XLive and PSN, i'm not sure those games will have achievements/trophies...

Nice! This should be fun. I really enjoyed the first Monkey Island game re-make for PS3.

I hear Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (what I consider to be the best of the series) is also being re-made for PSN and XBLA. Can't wait!

They have to release this, as well as their other adventure games,
onto XBLA.

Also, they should offer the "Wallace and Grommit" XBLA games as
the "deals of the week".

[quote name='lude21']Oh, lol....i dont know much about the series. I mainly bought it cause i love old point and click games like Kings Quest and Space quest. KQ5 is one of my all time favs. Thanks for the clarification.[/QUOTE]

as a fan of the same genre...... every lucas arts point and click was fun....... and full throttle is still one of my favorite games of all time.... awesome game, awesome story, awesome soundtrack

[quote name='Serpentor']Well, for new games i have no doubt... but for re-releasing older games on the PSN, i'm not sure. For example, Sega will be re-releasing the Dreamcast games for XLive and PSN, i'm not sure those games will have achievements/trophies...[/QUOTE]

They will.

[quote name='lude21']KQ5 is one of my all time favs.[/QUOTE]

Same here. ;)

[quote name='Sylin']I hear Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (what I consider to be the best of the series) is also being re-made for PSN and XBLA. Can't wait![/QUOTE]

Yup, it should be out this fall. I can't wait either. :D

[quote name='dreamerslost']as a fan of the same genre...... every lucas arts point and click was fun....... and full throttle is still one of my favorite games of all time.... awesome game, awesome story, awesome soundtrack[/QUOTE]

Indeed they were (are). I wish they would release more via download and keep breathing life back into this genre. It hasn't been this good since the 90s.

[quote name='Serpentor']Well, for new games i have no doubt... but for re-releasing older games on the PSN, i'm not sure. For example, Sega will be re-releasing the Dreamcast games for XLive and PSN, i'm not sure those games will have achievements/trophies...[/QUOTE]

yes, they will, according to joystiq

i wish the ps1 games had trophies, like ff7, ff tactics and xenogears. I still have the originals but this would get me to repurchase them.
oooh and dreamcast trophies? I'm all over sonic adventure, skies of arcadia, and seaman. lol. how bout jet grind radio.

Giving this a little bump, as I probably wouldn't have been aware that this is only on sale for a specific time. Such a great deal on the whole series. Just picked mine up for PSN. Thanks OP

[quote name='Velo214']i wish the ps1 games had trophies, like ff7, ff tactics and xenogears. I still have the originals but this would get me to repurchase them.
oooh and dreamcast trophies? I'm all over sonic adventure, skies of arcadia, and seaman. lol. how bout jet grind radio.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would be wonderful. I wish the PS1 classics that they are re-releasing over PSN did have Trophies, I have the Sonic's Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection and the addition of trophies while playing through classic games is a nice little bit of recognition for doing so.

Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Xenogears are all classic games. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the title Xenoblade for Wii sometime because it is made by a lot of the same development team that made Xenogears.

I have Sonic Adventure DX and Skies of Arcadia on Game Cube, but I probably won't mind double-dipping whenever it goes on sale. I like supporting games and developers I like in the hopes that they might make a sequel. I mean, Sega is actually releasing Yakuza 4 in the United States because of relatively positive sales for Yakuza 3.

bread's done
Back