5 (100%)
1. Buy 2 $5 games from CC making sure they aren't on these lists:

[quote name='nachzeher']PS2:
http://ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/ps2.asp

Xbox:
http://ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/xb.asp

GCN:
http://ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/gc.asp

This list is for the Halo 2 trade in though, so I don't know if it's applicable to Four Swords. Hope it heps.[/quote]
2. Trade those 2 games for $20 credit towards Tales of Symphonia:
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Battousai1002/tradein.jpg

3. Use this coupon to bring it $10 down
whole page: http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Battousai1002/37.jpg
close up of coupon: http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Battousai1002/coupon.jpg

So this is what the deal looks like in short:

Tales of Symphonia: $50
2 CC games: $10
2 game trade in: -$20
coupon: -$10

total: $30

I haven't actually done this yet, since the game's not out, but I don't see how it wouldn't work.

Not a bad idea, especially in light of that $10 coupon. Though I'd rather trade 2-4 of my old titles that i got months ago during those GS/EB B2G1F sales that I've long played out.

Had no idea about that coupon, makes it even more likely I'll go to EB this week. Thanks!

Has anyone successfully used that coupon? I was under the impression that it was for those 4 or 5 crappy titles on the bottom, since there was a similar deal online. It might or might not work at the store on Tales of Symphonia. I guess it depends how nice the employee wants to be.

I think it is YMMV. I asked my manager about this at EB Games and he said that trade in deal was only good about a month ago. Deals like that definitely don't go on forever. He said that it was only NCAA, Madden and Spiderman 2 that could for $10 game trades (up to 5). Then again, maybe another store would put it through.. I'd like to know! (I would do this myself if I could)

I traded 2 games for $20 towards Tales of Symphonia just yesterday. So that part definitely works at some EBs. As for the coupon, it says "featured on this PAGE" so I think it should work. The only reason it might not work is that the small text says "Some exclusions may apply." But I think they put those kinda words on everything just in case.

Yea its YMMV I still have one Eb that does the trade in games toward a newer game, and I tried the one that has the trade 2 for 20, it seems It can be done twice so u can save $40 for 20 bucks not sure can someone check on this

If you can use it, the GameRush coupon that lets you get any new game for $30 with any trade-in seems like the better deal. Instead of paying $30+tax on $60 (($50+$10) + tax - $20 trade-in credit - $10 coupon), you could get it for $30+tax minus the value of your trade-in.

I asked my manager about this at EB Games and he said that trade in deal was only good about a month ago.

the catalog offers are good til the end of the month. Check the promotion tab. The only stip is it won't work on games that are already out. As for the 10 coupon, its YMMV as of now because its all in how you interpret it. I plan on using it for my customers as long as I am not told different.

i tried using the coupon, and the employee said that its only for those crap titles. i tried to argue, saying that the coupon states "any title on this page" but he just said something about "oh, see, only THESE games say after the $10 coupon".

That's what I was about to point out. That coupon is referring to the ones that say "Save $10!" ...

Deal dead.

The trade 2 get $20 off a preorder should work, as long as the games aren't exclusions. The $10 coupon is only good for a few games, which you can also get online.

well shucks.. if this deal should still work, I'm going to take advantage of it! The CC deal sucked up a lot of my cash and I already preordered Tales of Symphonia. Perhaps I'll just cancel that and just do it again WITH some trades :eek:

Sorry if I was misinformed.. I'll let you know if I can do it too.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']i tried using the coupon, and the employee said that its only for those crap titles. i tried to argue, saying that the coupon states "any title on this page" but he just said something about "oh, see, only THESE games say after the $10 coupon".[/quote]
Damn...I'm gonna try it anyways. Hopefully that's YMMV.

talked to a few diff ebs, and it seems its all dependant of the manager, I got one who does the $20 dollars off for 2 games, and it seems i can do it twice to save 40. another one has trade in 4 games towards one new one. you jsut have to call your eb and ask which deal they have I think theres some that do others.

heres another discussion on this.. some are saying that you can trade in 5 games for 1 brand new game, some are saying trade in 4 for $40 credit towards tales. .... i called multiple ebs, and some just had no idea wtf i was talking about.. its sad that they are so "knowledgable"

The only games that are trade in 5 for 1 is Madden, NCAA, and Spiderman 2.
Games in the 2 for 20 deal is Tales, Halo 2, DJV2, DOA, and a couple others.

note both offers have exclusions

[quote name='lordopus99']
heres another discussion on this.. some are saying that you can trade in 5 games for 1 brand new game, some are saying trade in 4 for $40 credit towards tales. .... i called multiple ebs, and some just had no idea wtf i was talking about.. its sad that they are so "knowledgable"

The only games that are trade in 5 for 1 is Madden, NCAA, and Spiderman 2.
Games in the 2 for 20 deal is Tales, Halo 2, DJV2, DOA, and a couple others.

note both offers have exclusions[/quote]

yea but some ppl have better luck, their eb let them use the 5 for 1 value torwards any preorder.

Here's the deal I think you're talking about:

Trade in any game not on exclusion list, if it's under $10 in store credit they'll give you $10 if you use it towards a certain list of games (Tales of Symphonia's on that list because I did it, traded 4 games got $40 towards it)

This may be helpful, I did the trade 4 for one game back for Sonic Heroes. And then when it came out, I came in there and told them that my GF already bought the game for me, and asked them if i could exchange it. And they gave me 50 credit.

Well pre-ordered it... traded two games for $20.. I might try two more games and see if they can get it down to $40 off.

Yea I can confirm this a few of the ebs don't do the coupon thing, so you can do 4 games 2 for 20 each so I traded 4 games and got 40 off ToS.

This may have been already answered, but, when does this game come out?

I plan on getting it via Game Rush for about a total of, maybe 22 dollars spent after some "working with deals", and I want to know when it comes out. Looks like a great game. Finally, a good RPG on the GCN! :p

[quote name='Nephets']This may have been already answered, but, when does this game come out?
[/quote]
Stores should be selling the game this Tuesday or Wednesday.

bread's done
Back