Tales of the Abyss Preorder @ games Universe $22.98 (with $10 Google Checkout coupon)

Nice find, OP.

I wonder if that is a price error, but considering that Gamestop and EBGames have it listed for $49.99, I just might have to jump on this.

Bump to let everyone know the $10 cd universe coupon from Google Checkout works here. You cant change the shipping, however total is now $22.98.

Yeah, you're not going to get any lower than that, and this site's pretty good at honoring misprices in terms of DVDs. My order is in. At $23 for a game I was going to buy at release anyway? Don't think Fry's will be topping that one.

[quote name='robbart914']Yeah, you're not going to get any lower than that, and this site's pretty good at honoring misprices in terms of DVDs. My order is in. At $23 for a game I was going to buy at release anyway? Don't think Fry's will be topping that one.[/quote]

Same here dude. Also if you want to pay a little more to get the expedited s&h, just email the customer service with your order number and they will change it for you.

[quote name='Msia']Bump to let everyone know the $10 cd universe coupon from Google Checkout works here. You cant change the shipping, however total is now $22.98.[/quote]

Damn, I'm weak. I had specifically avoided the google checkout thread until now, but you had to bring it up. I could have easily passed this up if it had been $30 + shipping, but at $20 + shipping, I just couldn't take the pressure. I also ended up ordering Scrapland (Xbox), since it added less than $9 to the order and is BC on the 360.

[quote name='robbart914']Yeah, you're not going to get any lower than that, and this site's pretty good at honoring misprices in terms of DVDs. My order is in. At $23 for a game I was going to buy at release anyway? Don't think Fry's will be topping that one.[/QUOTE]

I've just pre-ordered this through the Google-Checkout... too tempting to pass on Tales of Abyss for under $25 at release :hot:

I hope this deal will works out... :bouncy:

Many thanks Msia! You rock!

A very nice deal indeed. I got Legendia at fry's for 39.99 the week it came out at fry's and thought that was nice.

Hopfully Namco America won't have the same half assed atitude as they had with Legendia.

OP, you're awesome. I loved Symphonia and Eternia and Abyss is supposedly the best game in the series by far. I can't wait.

I'm going to fail my fall semester because of these RPGs.

nice stuff man, damn I dont have a CC and they dont seem to accept a Debit card, damn damn damn damn, guess Imma ask my mom

[quote name='gopro']nice stuff man, damn I dont have a CC and they dont seem to accept a Debit card, damn damn damn damn, guess Imma ask my mom[/QUOTE]

They don't accept debit even with a Visa / Mastercard logo?

If so, that sucks.

[quote name='Roufuss']They don't accept debit even with a Visa / Mastercard logo?

If so, that sucks.[/QUOTE]

That is impossible (cd universe not accepting a debit card with a visa/mastercard logo).
A debit with a visa/mastercard logo can be processed as a credit card.
So, it is safe to assume that there is not a visa/mastercard logo on the debit card.

[quote name='Chacrana']OP, you're awesome. I loved Symphonia and Eternia and Abyss is supposedly the best game in the series by far. I can't wait.

I'm going to fail my fall semester because of these RPGs.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get my hopes up TOO much. It's easy for something less "in mass" to get a more refined status. But I've played a couple minutes of it, and it looks to be of Symphonia quality, which only makes sense being another production from the same team. YMMV on the better game, but that's still a no brainer for fans of Symphonia.

I have a feeling the difference in quality between Symphnia and Abyss will be pretty close. Or at least close enough that a crappy localization can make this one the inferior of the two. Here's to hoping they hire good dub actors, since it will almost assuredly be dub only. Cheers!

[quote name='robbart914']I wouldn't get my hopes up TOO much. It's easy for something less "in mass" to get a more refined status. But I've played a couple minutes of it, and it looks to be of Symphonia quality, which only makes sense being another production from the same team. YMMV on the better game, but that's still a no brainer for fans of Symphonia.

I have a feeling the difference in quality between Symphnia and Abyss will be pretty close. Or at least close enough that a crappy localization can make this one the inferior of the two. Here's to hoping they hire good dub actors, since it will almost assuredly be dub only. Cheers![/QUOTE]

If it were as good or even a little worse than Symphonia, I'd still enjoy the hell out of it.

I don't care about the dub actors because I can simply turn those off... assuming this is like Eternia and Symphonia.

Good god is this a good deal. A friend of mine who happens to be a huge Tales fan imported this game when it came out in Japan and he says it's easily one of the best Tales games made yet. If you're a fan of the Tales series you really cannot pass this deal up. Thank you OP!!

Just pre-ordered 1 copy- Thanks OP!

Also wanted to remind everyone that if they sign up for Google checkout with a CitiCard before August 1, 2006, you can receive $5 statement credit or 1,000 ThankYou points. Link to more info: Here

I couldn't pass this one up either. I've heard that this is THE BEST in the Tales series, and at 30 bones I couldn't be happier. :bouncy:

How do you use the google 10 dollar coupon?
Also I ordered this game 3 days ago and they already had charged my cad..I canceled it though so should get a refund of charged funds.
I may try to re-order it for 20 bucks though..but how do you use the google coupon? I don't see any code or anything and when you click the linkit just takes you to the sale page to pre-order the game.

[quote name='element676']How do you use the google 10 dollar coupon?
Also I ordered this game 3 days ago and they already had charged my cad..I canceled it though so should get a refund of charged funds.
I may try to re-order it for 20 bucks though..but how do you use the google coupon? I don't see any code or anything and when you click the linkit just takes you to the sale page to pre-order the game.[/quote]

You have to register for google checkout first. Once you do that, at the time of checkout hit the google checkout button. That will take you to a screen with the total on it and then you can enter the coupon in above the total price.

This deal is awesome and I really hope they honor it.

Order Status: Processing
We are working on getting all of the items on your order ready to ship.

Anyone else get an email from cd universe about this? What's there to process?

Um... there's the fact that the game doesn't come out until October, I think they might need to wait before finishing the shipping process.

Target is selling Tales of the Abyss (through Amazon) for $29.99. Anyone knows which price is correct, Amazon/CDU $29.99 or EB/GS $49.99?

[quote name='eau']Target is selling Tales of the Abyss (through Amazon) for $29.99. Anyone knows which price is correct, Amazon/CDU $29.99 or EB/GS $49.99?[/quote]

From my experience with target via Amazon. They misprice often and do not hounor the mistake. Happned to me with Beat mania.

[quote name='Teeheehee']Order Status: Processing
We are working on getting all of the items on your order ready to ship.

Anyone else get an email from cd universe about this? What's there to process?[/QUOTE]

I've been getting the "processing" email once every 7 days, must be some generic auto mailer to update your order status.

However, did any of you notice or otherwise have this issue where the price listed in the "update" email is $29.99 and not showing the -$10 google discount? I tried to log into my account on CD Universe and failed to find any info on this transaction... but I can still see it in google shopping, so maybe it's just because this deal went through google?

Can't wait for ToA to come out... :bouncy:

[quote name='TheWallsAround']You have to register for google checkout first. Once you do that, at the time of checkout hit the google checkout button. That will take you to a screen with the total on it and then you can enter the coupon in above the total price.

This deal is awesome and I really hope they honor it.[/QUOTE]

Excuse my blindness, but where's the Google Checkout button? I'm at the page where it says "Finalize Order" at the bottom.

EDIT: Haha, nevermind. I see it. :p

And yeah, this will be a really sweet deal if it works. Abyss is supposed to be the best Tales game. :)

EDIT 2: Ordered. Thanks, OP!

Got in on this one...too good to pass up for under 23.00 shipped. This fall is going to be RPG-riffic with this and all the squenix offerings!

Um guys is it just me or is Google Checkout gone from CDUniverse? Am I losing it or is there no way to use google checkout on the site anymore? I can't find it on the google checkout site listing anymore either... WTH is the deal?

Is this a bad sign for Google checkout? I kinda liked how it worked on the site...

Yeah. Seems like they are no longer in the store listing of google checkout. Maybe it blew their sale expectation and didn't want to lose too much.

The code was reliant on being able to use google checkout. If google checkout is no longer on the site you will have to pay the $10 more.

I got the confirmation receipt today from the order I placed when this was first posted. It shows $32.98, instead of the original receipt of $22.98. I emailed them and sent them a copy of the original to see if they'll keep their side of the bargain. We'll have to see.

[quote name='foundation']I got the confirmation receipt today from the order I placed when this was first posted. It shows $32.98, instead of the original receipt of $22.98. I emailed them and sent them a copy of the original to see if they'll keep their side of the bargain. We'll have to see.[/QUOTE]

I bought a cd from them using the same code (created a different account) and the receipt I received from them showed the full amount as well. But I got another receipt, from google I believe, that showed I was charged the correct amount.

[quote name='AfroPig']I got a confirmation email yesterday from them showing the 22.98[/QUOTE]First time I've seen you in a while.

Anyway, I might have to try this, because I'm even willing to pay $50 for Tales of the Abyss and being able to save money is always great.

bread's done
Back