Tales of the Abyss Preorder @ games Universe $22.98 (with $10 Google Checkout coupon)

[quote name='AfroPig']I got a confirmation email yesterday from them showing the 22.98[/QUOTE]

Yup, I got the same email. :)

[quote name='eau']CDU has corrected the price now - $49.99 SRP.

Have they started fucking with your order yet?[/QUOTE]

Every once and awhile I get an e-mail from them to tell me about my order, and it still says "$22.98" total. :)

[quote name='mirthoneist']Every once and awhile I get an e-mail from them to tell me about my order, and it still says "$22.98" total. :)[/quote]

ya, I get those once a week it seems. Every week I'm just waiting for the total to go up, but thankfully it doesn't!

I just noticed on GS site the pre-order bonus for Tales of the Abyss, a limited edition laser cell. Do you guys think our order through CD Universe would get us the bonus too?

[quote name='Asgardian']I just noticed on GS site the pre-order bonus for Tales of the Abyss, a limited edition laser cell. Do you guys think our order through CD Universe would get us the bonus too?[/quote]
I doubt it. Typically, preorder bonus gift is store exclusive, especially when other stores do not attempt to advertise it.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']My order has now been updated to say that the item is backordered :([/QUOTE]

yeap mine too. expect the company to get a nasty letter from me today and i will also dispute the charges if the item doesnt ship by tomorrow

I walked into gamestop and snagged the laser cell as a bonus for pre-ordering Devil Summoner. Its pretty nice and claims to be one of only 24,000 made but there is no numbering on it so who knows if its true.

Mine still just says it's in progress. No email yet. I ordered back on July 14, so hopefully they ship mine with no problems.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']damnit i wanted to jump on this, but i already have VP2, FF12, summoner...etc[/QUOTE]

You already have it? :whistle2:o

[quote name='Drakken']Mine still just says it's in progress. No email yet. I ordered back on July 14, so hopefully they ship mine with no problems.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine on June 29th and I got a backorder email. In the email it said any orders not filled by 11/24/06 will be automatically canceled.

Call up the

1 800 231 7937 line and its total Bs

They are trying to say the release date has been changed and the game isnt out yet TOTAL BS more like they knew the price as a mistake and not they are refusing to honor the deal.

They said the game has NO RELEASE DATE that is why all orders are BACKORDERED they are trying to say the game never came out TOTAL BS

they are also trying to say the Credit cards have not been charged yet. Im thinking about cancelling and ordering from gamefly (same price ) at least i know im getting the game

Screw cd universe

I ordered mine on June 30th, and it also lists it as backordered now. This is a newly released game, It's utter nonsense that they would be backordered this fast! They had several orders from many months ago that should have told them of the demand for this game!

im going to call them up today and tell them i caught them in a $#$#$# lie

they told me yesterday the item has no RELEASE DATE but this is what i got to day

Our supplier has run out of the items flagged as "backorder". We will continue to try to get these items for you and ship them as soon as we receive them. Some backorders come in the very next day, some never come in.
After 11/26/2006 backordered items will be automatically cancelled. You can cancel backorders yourself by clicking the Order Status link on our home page."
Thank you for shopping at CD Universe!
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us by clicking here.

if the item NEVER came out then how could they be out of stock on an item

#$#$# lairs

anyone know have credit cards been charged cause im going to cancell but i dont know if i should do a dispute. i cant remember if my card was charged

i got the same email as well. I also ordered devil summoner which they say is also back ordered. So its probably safe to assume that contact for the ds will also be backordered. Oh well I have learned not to deal with cd universe again.

Edit: No charge back in June/July, but the charge was pending in my account. So I got curious and checked the status. Item is SHIPPING! Looks like they must have just gotten their shipment in late yesterday, and sounds like the customer reps are just not very knowledgeable on what's going on with product.

But a misprice AND a coupon? I thought they were going to backorder until these puppies cancelled out of their system. Perhaps not. Nice find op.

Question for people that got in on this deal. I ordered this back on July 1st, and it shows up fine in my Google page as "In Progress" but it never showed up as an order on the CD Universe page. Did anyone else's order show up on CD Universe, or will I only see it on my Google page?

[quote name='Theros']Question for people that got in on this deal. I ordered this back on July 1st, and it shows up fine in my Google page as "In Progress" but it never showed up as an order on the CD Universe page. Did anyone else's order show up on CD Universe, or will I only see it on my Google page?[/QUOTE]

probally just google cause i dont think you log into CD universe just google

Here is what a rep emailed me about my order:

I am confirming that your order will be shipped out shortly teh expected date of shipping is for 10/16/2006, and it will be shippedout USPS via first class mail.

This is good...I think.

edit: Clubhouse Games shipped

Shipped!

I figured I'd have to be patient on this one, and it looks like that paid off. Not like I have time to play it anytime soon anyway, but at $23 shipped it's worth buying & holding onto until I'm ready for it. :)

[quote name='robbart914']Big props to CDUniverse for honoring this one.[/QUOTE]

I really don't think this was a price mistake.

1) The price was $29.99 for quite a while - usually pricing errors are up a few days tops before they are caught & corrected.

2) There have been reports of stores selling it this week for $29.99, so that isn't unheard of.

Remember, what made this deal was the Google coupon, and I'm sure there was some agreement for compensation worked out between CDUniverse & Google on that.

Cool! Mine just came in. Looks awesome, now if that stupid Silver PS2 wouldn't have been delayed a week, I'd be playing right now. *sigh*

[quote name='argyle']I really don't think this was a price mistake.

1) The price was $29.99 for quite a while - usually pricing errors are up a few days tops before they are caught & corrected.

2) There have been reports of stores selling it this week for $29.99, so that isn't unheard of.

Remember, what made this deal was the Google coupon, and I'm sure there was some agreement for compensation worked out between CDUniverse & Google on that.[/QUOTE]

What store's selling for 29.99? My friend's still looking for one.

As for the item, I seriously think they misprinted the retail price ten dollars lower. Sure, the Google Checkout has been consistently honored and sweetened the deal, but 25% off MSRP caused it to compound pretty brutally. There's no way they're making any money off of this deal.

bread's done
Back