Tales of the Abyss (PS2) preowned in stock at GS.com $27.99

You're right this game is hard to find. I've wanted to get this game but can never find it. Would prefer to buy new then get from GS... but that's probably not gonna happen:/ Thanks anyways.

[quote name='Chachithedog']Damn... Well if it was in stock it isn't anymore. Was definately gonna bite on this one![/QUOTE]

+1 here, oh luck...

Why is Tales of the Abyss so much sought after and higher in value than Tales of Legendia? I thought Legendia was alright..

Found this in stock like a week ago but went fast then too. I did buy it and got it yesterday - it was complete with manual and original case. The case was beat up so just swapped that out and looks like-new now!

Keep an eye out, it does come back in stock every so often.

[quote name='mis0']Why is Tales of the Abyss so much sought after and higher in value than Tales of Legendia? I thought Legendia was alright..[/QUOTE]

It is a better game first off. I think the fact that it is pretty sought after drove the price up like FF VII (well not as high as it but still).

I would recommend anyone on the fence to get this game if you can. I actually have one opened and one sealed as well :D

Wow... I have a sealed copy around my house somewhere. Any one know what the going price for a new copy is?

May have to make some money off of this.

[quote name='mis0']Why is Tales of the Abyss so much sought after and higher in value than Tales of Legendia? I thought Legendia was alright..[/QUOTE]

This is a joke right?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Tales of the Abyss is incredible, along with Symphonia and Vesperia. They are the top 3.[/QUOTE]

I like both Tales of Destiny games the most.

[quote name='freshzen']This is a joke right?[/QUOTE]
Nope. I have a copy of Abyss that I haven't gotten around to playing and already finished Legendia. Legendia was a pretty decent game, not the best, but pretty decent. I'm just wondering why Abyss has so much more interest over Symphonia (which I heard was good) and Legendia. I'm just thinking people just want it because it's a "Tales" game much like how people go crazy over Final fantasy.

For me it goes Vesperia, Symphonia, Destiny, Destiny 2, Abyss, Legendia

And that is with me not even having finished Vesperia yet! God I love that game (as if my avatar and sig didn't give that away)

Everyone that can should play abyss though it is a very good game. It is just that the 4 I rank above are just amazing. I can't wait to play the newer Symphonia on the Wii

EDIT: My gamestop that I frequent has had a copy for quite some time. It has cover art, dont know about manual or disc condition. I can check if you are genuinely interested. If someone wants it let me know and I can go get it and put it up for trade.

I ordered this last week when it was in stock back then. Came a few days ago, with cover art and manual. Disc in very good condition as well.

I loved vesperia, so I'm looking forward to playing this.

This is sort of off topic but recently I was having a hard time finding Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) at GS but I checked a little after midnight one night and it was in stock. Earlier that same day it had been OOS and the day after I bought it, it was OOS again.

Try checking sometime around midnight, it worked for me with my game.

Shucks...too late. I was planning on biting on this, even though I swore I wouldn't be getting another game for a while. I have more than enough in my back log as is.

Tales of Abyss is easily my most favorite Tales game. I've played Abyss, Vesperia, Legendia, Symphonia, Eternia and Phantasia... and yeah, Abyss is still my favorite, with Vesperia a close second.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']This is sort of off topic but recently I was having a hard time finding Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) at GS but I checked a little after midnight one night and it was in stock. Earlier that same day it had been OOS and the day after I bought it, it was OOS again.

Try checking sometime around midnight, it worked for me with my game.[/QUOTE]

Check out Amazon often. While I was hunting down the game, Amazon had it frequently in stock ranging from $10 to $15. Apply ECA and it's a pretty good deal. If you don't like Greatest Hits covers though.. keep looking.

I was able to snag a mint black label copy from my local Gamestop. My GS actually has a pretty good selection of complete used games.

[quote name='sirplue']wait, this game is rare? I had no idea. I have a sealed copy, somewhere.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't say its rare, just valuable.

[quote name='momouchi']Amazon sells it new for 93.xx. I better find a GS near me that has this.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't price gouge directly, 93 is from an affiliate vendor, and I'm pretty sure you could buy it for a lot less than that.

It's worth the high prices on eBay and Half.com, it's easily in the top 5 PS2 RPGs. It has some lag issues on the world map and some long load times, otherwise it's amazing.

I was really lucky about getting this one when I did. Picked up a brand new copy at Wal-Mart for $19.99 about two years or so ago, right before it 'disappeared.'
Even then, a few of the nearby Gamestops apparently have used copies in, according to the website.

bread's done
Back