Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
190438b.jpg

The game comes out today and I already have my copy preordered. Is anyone else looking at getting this game?

Reviews seem to be mostly 7's, which I expected. I really liked the Abyss Battle system, and playing it on the go should be a lot of fun. I'll post impressions this week. :D

Well, the game might not seem as good as most Tales games (due to being more of a fan service), but the game definitely seems fun and definitely one of the PSP games I want most. I really enjoy the Abyss/Symphonia battle system and I look to enjoy it on the go. I'm glad the game will have a few towns at least.

Here's a battle video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPRXq0YuV34

Mine's pre-ordered as well. It'll be the first PSP game I've bought in over 6 months, lol.

Next on the list is that Joan of Arc strat game... Joan D'Arc or something.

I preordered as well. I'm a huge Tales fan, so this was an automatic purchase for me. I'm just kind of sad Chloe from Legendia isn't in it. Though it does have Tear and Raine, so that kind of cancels it out.

Picked up my copy just a little bit ago, so far I like it alot. The quest based system makes it great for short game play if you are short on time. Combat so far feels just like any other tales on the ps2.

The job system seems intresting buting new jobs based on your grade, though I have to wonder if we will be able buy extras on the new+ or if that isn't in this one. Over all so far its a great game, if you like ( or love ) tales this so far seems to fit right in there with them.

Only draw back I have seen is some of the old voice actors are back some arn't, not that big of a deal but eh.

I'll pick it up after I play Abyss. I'm not that excited about it though because it doesn't look as good as Abyss/Symphonia. Am I wrong for skipping Legendia?

[quote name='pete5883'] Am I wrong for skipping Legendia?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Though it also depends on what you like more, characters or plot. Legendia has the best characters in the series, but probably the weakest plot. Thing is the game is centered around the characters. In fact the main plot ends halfway through the game, and then you start the character quests. Which are like wicked long epilogues.

It's not as good as Symphonia or Abyss, but I liked it a lot.

Getting it as soon as I get my paycheck this Friday.

Picking up Riviera, Final Fantasy I AE, Breath of Fire III, Spectral vs Generation and Aedis Eclipse too.

It seems that picking up Legendia for 14$ wasn't a bad deal then.. I'll have to play it when I get the chance.

Anyway, I was planning to pick this game up. But thanks to some recent car trouble I don't have any cash to spend on games and stuff. So this game will likely have to wait a while...

I've been on the fence about this game... I know it's supposed to tie up the loose ends of the Tales games but I've only beaten 1 (Symphonia) and marginally played 3 (Abyss, Legendia, Destiny) and never even started 2 (Destiny II, Phantasia). I absolutely loved Symphonia- it's still my favorite RPG of last generation but I know nothing about the rest. I really liked what I played in Abyss (most refined battle system out of them all) and Legendia though.

Do you guys think I'll be lost much? I've been meaning to get to the two PS2 Tales games but... haven't had the time.

Guide me CAGs!!!

Ok i played for about 30 min and did about 3 quests. First of all if you expect it to be like the previous Tales games you will be disappointed. So far the quest has been going to dungeon and defeating enemies or getting certain item. It is basically a dungeon crawler. As for the returning characters, they dont have a important role so far. The returning characters only join for a quest then leave. If you played the older tales games for about 30 minutes you wont get anything spoiled. Will post after I play a bit more.

[quote name='Vinny']I've been on the fence about this game... I know it's supposed to tie up the loose ends of the Tales games but I've only beaten 1 (Symphonia) and marginally played 3 (Abyss, Legendia, Destiny) and never even started 2 (Destiny II, Phantasia). I absolutely loved Symphonia- it's still my favorite RPG of last generation but I know nothing about the rest. I really liked what I played in Abyss (most refined battle system out of them all) and Legendia though.

Do you guys think I'll be lost much? I've been meaning to get to the two PS2 Tales games but... haven't had the time.

Guide me CAGs!!![/QUOTE]
It doesn't tie up any loose ends. The other Tales characters are in it for fan serivce basically. The game doesn't add anything to the other games. Also as mentioned, it's a dungeon crawler.

It is a lot of fun though, and the way the game is setup is perfect for portable play.

Yeah the game doesn't tie up any plot points. each char is taken from their own games right at the start. IE Luke is still a snob, Senel is looking for Shirley, Loyld knows nothing about who Kratos is.

Though it is a fun game. Seening some of the scenes between the chars is funny as all hell. Watching Loyld and Reid talk about how their fighting styles was great, or Watching Tear try to explain fonons to people is pretty funny. Over all its a good game. On the 2nd town already.

I'll get this game eventually, but I decided to go with Brave Story over this for what to buy on release since they came out within two weeks of each other. I'll probably wait for a price drop on this since it's pretty much just a quest-based game not following any compelling story (From what I've read). If it were a normal Tales game, it'd be a whole other story.

I finally got around to playing it and I'm definitely loving it. I really like seeing the Tales characters again. It's definitely a game I'm having no problems getting into and feels perfect for portable play. Story is okay so far, but nothing truly deep. Yeah, it's a dungeon crawler, but IMO, the battles are quite fun, so that makes up for it. Definitely happy with my purchase so far.

I would have to say the story isn't the games strong point at all. Plot is pretty basic and only moves on when you do quests in blue text. It's your basic big evil vs the world.

Don't let that hold anyone back on getting it though, battle system is great, if you like dungeon crawlers this one is really fun. Though the main appeal is just watching the scenes with all the char interact. Which most are very funny, seeing how I am starting to see a trend with them talking about peeping on the female chars in the shower or who has the better breasts.:lol:

I grabbed a copy a few hours ago. The game is pretty fun good so far. I'm enjoying the character interaction alot. As of now my only complaint is that I have to keep going to the inn to hire party members after ever quest.

After reading the reviews I'm going to pick this up, been looking for a fun dungeon crawl that isn't Untold Legends. But I'm a "Tales" virgin, so can someone enlighten me on the series?

[quote name='darkchild81']After reading the reviews I'm going to pick this up, been looking for a fun dungeon crawl that isn't Untold Legends. But I'm a "Tales" virgin, so can someone enlighten me on the series?[/QUOTE]
Tales of the World is a really bad game to start because one of the main point is seeing returning characters.

[quote name='62t']Ok i played for about 30 min and did about 3 quests. First of all if you expect it to be like the previous Tales games you will be disappointed. So far the quest has been going to dungeon and defeating enemies or getting certain item. It is basically a dungeon crawler. As for the returning characters, they dont have a important role so far. The returning characters only join for a quest then leave. If you played the older tales games for about 30 minutes you wont get anything spoiled. Will post after I play a bit more.[/QUOTE]

yeap got it today off gamefly (3 days it took) I dont know if its lack of sleep (only got 3 hours sleep last night) or burned out trying to rush though rivera for the psp.

played around 40 mins did 4 quest and find it sort of boring. but since there is NOTHING AT ALL Coming out on the DS or PSP RPG wise till Mid AUG im probally going to keep it for at least a few weeks and hopefully it will grow on me.

Im on chapter 6 on rivera so hopefully i will have that game beat by monday (chapter 6 saturday , chapter 7 sunday boom over)

and be able to give this game major time monday

i would love to grab it at 20 BUT NEVER 40

[quote name='62t']Tales of the World is a really bad game to start because one of the main point is seeing returning characters.[/QUOTE]

I see. But if I haven't played the other games, it won't be as good?
What other games are there? I remember seeing a PS2 and GC "Tales" game.

I still don't know what to think about it. I played a little at work today and wasn't thrilled. I guess I expected there to be more of a story, less quest based. It's not terrible, but I don't think it's quite worth the price tag for a cameo. I know I'll still pick it up, if for no other reason than to support the series.

[quote name='darkchild81']I see. But if I haven't played the other games, it won't be as good?
What other games are there? I remember seeing a PS2 and GC "Tales" game.[/QUOTE]
you will be missing a lot because most of the characters are from previous games. On PS2 there are Tales of Legendia and Tales of the abyss and on gamecube there is tales of Symphonia. there are also tales games on gba and psone.

[quote name='nectarsis1']I thoght it wasn't out until the 31st???[/QUOTE]It ships the 31st, so it will arrive August 1st. I can't wait because that's the PSP game I've been wanting most for a while.

[quote name='62t']well brave story is coming out next week.[/QUOTE]

crap just noticed that. now i dont know to mess around with riveria and send it back sometime next week and hold an open spot till brave comes out

gamefly doesnt have it list till 8-2 meaning it wont ship till 8-1 or if we get lucky 7-31

i was thinking about jumping back to 1 at a time though..... choices choices

People should pay $40 for Tales of the World: RM (IMO, it was worth it), because it may get Namco Bandai Games to release Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth on PSP stateside. I badly want those games and they have no chance coming if this game doesn't sell.

actually you should be buying this game because it is good and not for namco to have good sales number. I played for about 8 hours and got to the second town. So far I am really enjoying the game. The battle system is similar to Abyss and is very good. For tales fans it is great seeing returning characters, and many of them have the same voice actor. However it will get boring for a lot of people as you spend most of the time in the same 2 dungeon early on.

Wow gamefly must of got very few copies of this game. 5 days latter and still no KEEP IT PRICE.

now that i got rivera out of the way. Even though i never got the extra maps open (who cares) all my time goes into this game.

I'm enjoying this game its good for a portable system. quick quests you can run in and complete then come out. I do really wish sometimes for something more like FF where you move from town to town by walking to get more of a "larger scale" feel out of the game but I really dont wanna buy FF1 and 2 on PSP when I own dawn of souls already.

well im not really Playing the game enough to consider keeping it out

its been around 2 weeks and gamefly still has NO KEEP IT PRICE so either they got very very very few copies or this is a very limited run (this is about the only new game i ever rented off gamefly that never had a keep it price)

Well since im not playing it enough to concider it a spot in my Q im going to return it today

hopefully in the month of aug i will get

Brave Story: New Traveler should ship weds Fingers crossed i get it saturday BUT 99.9% sure it wont be till next monday

Dungeons & Dragons Tactics PSP --- though it keeps getting shoved back from may till Mid aug now

Luminous Arc- ds

Jeanne D'Arc
Dragoneer's Aria
Heroes of Mana

i might jump to 3 at a time and have (if the games are good)

Have
Brave story out
Heroes of mana
and
Luminous arc

all around Mid Aug. sadly they all hit the same time and i got classes that start that following monday : (

I cant belive summer is over : (

Yep, got it. Great stuff. I don't see why people complain about the storyline being lackluster... the storylines in Tales of games were never anything special and where about as generic/clidhéd as it gets, even in current-gen Tales of. It's all about awesome gameplay, and Tales of games (Radiant Mythology being no exception) have lots of it.

I actually like how it's been done. The mission-based structure allows for lots of replay value, offers a ton of stuff to do, and I get to use a large variety of characters.

Just one more RPG on my list to get I've knocked out, already pre-paid for Brave Story, are waiting for Breath of Fire 3 to come in, and will be nabbing Dragoneer's Aria/Jeanne D'Arc as soon as they hit the shelves... FF2's chump-ass can wait until it's like $9.99 or something.

shakes fist at gamefly

I return the game today around noon and look now

Keep it now price 27 xx

of course they would do a keep it now the day i return the Freaking game

could of got it for around 17 bucks using my 10 gamefly bucks Shakes fist at gamefly SOB

I would been able to save even more money since there is really nothing i wanted to rent for 2 weeks icould of fell back to 1 at a time then upgradged to 2 at a time in 2 weeks

So the game would of cost me around 14 bucks : (

maybe someone on goozex will have one up for trades soon or switchplanet

bread's done
Back