Tales of Vesperia 19.99$ EBGames (restock)

Great price for Tales of Vesperia. I had a lot of fun with it, for anyone interested, don't miss out! It's cool that it got a reprint, that means more people can enjoy the game! :applause:

im so sick of the stock if this game.
one minute everyone sold out and prices where high.
next minute they reprint it driving prices down.

[quote name='shosh']im so sick of the stock if this game.
one minute everyone sold out and prices where high.
next minute they reprint it driving prices down.[/QUOTE]

thats nothing new....

I'm still holding out for the PS3 version but I guess I should bite on this for now......

They also have Eternal Sonata PS3 for 20$, not a super deal, but great for the JRPG collector such as myself!

Okayyyyyy.....
Here's my long story that should help some others

Went to first EB in Longueuil....someone had beaten me to it by a few minutes (congrats to you). The guy calls in St-Jean and they put a copy aside for me. However when as I get there, no more copies. I turn my head, and what do I see? They are selling my copy to someone else, in my face!! (And it is gutted - CSR told me I wouldnt find sealed copies anywhere) AND they lied in my face saying it was put aside 4 days ago!!! W/e I go for breakfast and then to the other EB store a few blocks away. Guess who was the CSR? Yes that same guy who had stolen my copy a few minutes ago. *rage*

Anyhow I drive to St-Bruno and ask if they have the game. They looked in the system and it was OOS. So as I explain my story to them, another CSR overheard the conversation and he had seen a box of sealed Tales coming in just before!

Bottom line is:
Yes, this is an official reprint.
Yes, most store should get a box of sealed copy at the moment, or very soon, so ask away.
Yes, my terrible luck turned into good luck
Yes, you will find sealed copy of Tales of Vesperia in St-Bruno in the back store
And Yes, EB employees are the worst

Sounds more like a few stores across Canada got some in stock from god knows where. Online stock says nothing here in Calgary. If it were a reprint wouldn't more stores than just EB be stocking it again?

Sorry to hear about your troubles in acquiring Tales Of Vesperia, Pug Lover.

Always good to have loyal people at the EB I shop in to make it easy for me to get whatever game I wish.

I see I wasn't alone in the search for a copy of this game.

Lots of stores around me seem to have it in stock.. if people are that desperate for it I can pick one up and mail it out.

[quote name='Eoyote']Sounds more like a few stores across Canada got some in stock from god knows where. Online stock says nothing here in Calgary. If it were a reprint wouldn't more stores than just EB be stocking it again?[/QUOTE]

It takes a couple of days for shipments to travel west. Check back later. Also, lots of retail chains don't care to restock old games, maybe only EB picked up the reprint..

[quote name='ragnar14']It takes a couple of days for shipments to travel west. Check back later. Also, lots of retail chains don't care to restock old games, maybe only EB picked up the reprint..[/QUOTE]

Exactly, be patient. Im pretty confident youll get your chance. The store I went to yesterday still show no stock. So it may takes a few days for the shipment to arrive, then a few days for them to update the system.

Okay, Im going to backup from what I said.

This is probably not a reprint but some stock from god knows where. I went to my local store today, they had gotten only 1 copy yesterday. I was mislead by previous CSR comment of a box shipment. It was probably a box full of games with 1 or 2 Tales.

Of all the 4 stores I did this weekend. It seems all of them had 1 or 2 games shipped. Also I have been monitoring stocks on EB's website and all the store that show stock one day are sold out the next one. Which lead me to presume they had very few copies to begin with.

Bottom line is, guys in the west, be very agressive if you want a copy. You should tell your store up ahead in chance they get one to put aside for you (assuming they want to)

I am very glad that I got a copy of this game for myself when I did, but I wish I managed to get the SteelBook case from the Limited Edition... That is how highly I rate this game for the 360.

[quote name='afterburn999']I wonder how much the CE with the steel book case is worth, i want to sell mine.[/QUOTE]

Took a quick look on ebay and new sealed ones are $150+ and used ones around $80-$100. You're sitting on a gold mine!

[quote name='TripleQ']Took a quick look on ebay and new sealed ones are $150+ and used ones around $80-$100. You're sitting on a gold mine![/QUOTE]
Wow, that's insane! I keep seeing a gutted copy of it at a nearby EB for regular price. Always was tempted to ask if there was a sealed copy as well but didn't since it's not a type of game that I'd enjoy.

Man... $90 is just way too much for me anyways. I have the original copy of the game with the original case, but once I found out about the Steelbook Case... Well... Yea.

Not to mention I would have to toss a bunch of money into my Paypal account or something other... Argh. I wish I came across the game when it first came out for 360 -_-

Doesn't help when I am in Canada either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've wanted to buy this game for awhile now, was just looking for a price drop like this.

Too bad that none of the EBs in my area have it in stock brand new :/

That is a very good question... I would be questioning things more if they were also using Farenheit instead of Celsius -_-

[quote name='dinobot']ummm.... why is Canadian GS website using miles instead of kilometer?[/QUOTE]

See also: countless mentions of "zip code" instead of "postal code".

They probably spell colour without the 'u', too. BASTARDS.

[quote name='jeffx']See also: countless mentions of "zip code" instead of "postal code".

They probably spell colour without the 'u', too. BASTARDS.[/QUOTE]

LOL... I was a bit puzzled when I saw the Zip Code thing.

Freaking GS and their laziness.

[quote name='jeffx']See also: countless mentions of "zip code" instead of "postal code".

They probably spell colour without the 'u', too. BASTARDS.[/QUOTE]

Hey! I use Color instead of Colour... I never liked the 'u' being in there.

[quote name='Torazo']Hey! I use Color instead of Colour... I never liked the 'u' being in there.[/QUOTE]

This is the Canadian board.

[quote name='Super Strokey']is the ps3 version also this cheap?[/QUOTE]

Tales of Vesperia is only out on the PS3 in Japan. There has been as far as I know no announcements for it to be localized to North America.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Tales of Vesperia is only out on the PS3 in Japan. There has been as far as I know no announcements for it to be localized to North America.[/QUOTE]
I read that after posting, sad really.

I called Deerfoot EB (Calgary) earlier today after seeing that the site said it had stock.

The dude didn't even know what ToV was and said there wasn't any there.

I will call Marlborough later ...

Stock finally made it's way over here as multiple stores now list it in stock. Picked up a copy earlier today and also noticed it was an eco-case so maybe these were printed recently.

[quote name='Eoyote']Stock finally made it's way over here as multiple stores now list it in stock. Picked up a copy earlier today and also noticed it was an eco-case so maybe these were printed recently.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you pick yours up? I eventually found one at Marlborough, last copy too!

[quote name='bbbc']Where'd you pick yours up? I eventually found one at Marlborough, last copy too![/QUOTE]

Chinook. Was also their last copy :bouncy:

[quote name='Eoyote']Chinook. Was also their last copy :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a chance to play it, yet.

Still in the plastic!

Heads up, some stores restocked yesterday. 4 shops near me shows in stock again as of this morning. If you let me know today I could try to grab and ship it to you.

I emailed Gamestop earlier in the month to ask if they were going to get any more for sale online and was told that that they weren't. Just wanted to let you know that it did become available yesterday for a short period but when I got home today to pass this on it was out already. If you're still looking hopefully it will pop up again before the end of July so keep checking.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Heads up, some stores restocked yesterday. 4 shops near me shows in stock again as of this morning. If you let me know today I could try to grab and ship it to you.[/QUOTE]

I'm in MTL area (metro only), can you tell me which ones and if sealed.

Just ordered Tales of Vesperia online, as well as Eternal Sonata PS3. If anyone is looking for both, they're currently in stock on the website.

[quote name='DMPugh']Just ordered Tales of Vesperia online, as well as Eternal Sonata PS3. If anyone is looking for both, they're currently in stock on the website.[/QUOTE]

Completely unrelated but when the hell are they gonna get the Limited edition of Ys Seven??

Are stores accepting preorders for that? Please let me know.

bread's done
Back