Tales of Vesperia $24.98 on Amazon.com

[quote name='gclownbootleg8']i have a question do ps3 play import without a problem[/QUOTE]

There will be no problem.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']this goes in and out of print all the time.

Not fit for the CAG 401k plan, sry bros[/QUOTE]

Thats not how it works. It is not like they are printing new copy every month/year. A site like newegg find new copies from distributor and sell them.

[quote name='Gedemer']Wow. I thought joining CAG would make stuff cheaper for me...all it has done is make me spend less on certain games but buy more so I'm spending more.

Curse you! -.-

Should have bought this when it was 15$ on newegg dammit[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CAG :)

[quote name='62t']There will be no problem.

Thats not how it works. It is not like they are printing new copy every month/year. A site like newegg find new copies from distributor and sell them.[/QUOTE]

ok whatever, the game has been out of stock and back in stock for years, literally. it's not rare, nor will get expensive for a very long time.

[quote name='vince_carter']hated the voice acting so much in this i couldn't finish it

loved the battle system tho[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I am the exact opposite, I thought the voice acting was great but dislike the battle system.

I love the two Tales games I've played (Vesperia anf Graces). The stories and character development are enguaging and interesting. The battle system however is too button mashy for my taste, too much like a fighting game.

One of the worst RPGs I've ever played, but I guess people like it. I'm not sure how often Newegg puts it on sale (I'd assume "not very"), but I bought it about a year ago and marathoned it in a long, internet-less summer week. At that price, it's an okay deal for people who like terrible games.

I bought my copy of this game when it was released and I still haven't even opened it.

I don't know what I'm doing.

[quote name='airco']One of the worst RPGs I've ever played, but I guess people like it. I'm not sure how often Newegg puts it on sale (I'd assume "not very"), but I bought it about a year ago and marathoned it in a long, internet-less summer week. At that price, it's an okay deal for people who like terrible games.[/QUOTE]

This is the best post.

[quote name='airco']One of the worst RPGs I've ever played, but I guess people like it. I'm not sure how often Newegg puts it on sale (I'd assume "not very"), but I bought it about a year ago and marathoned it in a long, internet-less summer week. At that price, it's an okay deal for people who like terrible games.[/QUOTE]
Why do something for a week straight if you hate it and nobody's paying you? Is your free time that worthless to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Seraphinianus']ok whatever, the game has been out of stock and back in stock for years, literally. it's not rare, nor will get expensive for a very long time.[/QUOTE]

I would say that you were right to begin with. There are clearly different print runs of the game to back this up (such as the original run having colored manuals). There have been times where it has actually been discontinued only for it to be re-printed, just like some of the other Tales games.

There have been some great RPGs this gen. I know everyone likes the nostalgia of when they were kids and had no priorities where they could game all day in previous gens, but there have been great RPGs.

Vesperia, Xenoblade, Lost Odyssey, Skyrim, Oblivion, Mass Effect games and more are all tremendous.

[quote name='Rozz']I would say that you were right to begin with. There are clearly different print runs of the game to back this up (such as the original run having colored manuals). There have been times where it has actually been discontinued only for it to be re-printed, just like some of the other Tales games.[/QUOTE]

it's telling that the New copies outnumber the used copies by so much on amazon too.

yeah, I'm not buying the "they keep finding new warehouses with hidden stashes of the game" theory. At this point, it would be a mass conspiracy of warehouses all over the U.S. not shipping their copies of ToV :lol

[quote name='simmias']Why do something for a week straight if you hate it and nobody's paying you? Is your free time that worthless to you?[/QUOTE]

Remember, summer week, no internet. The world becomes a lonely place.

Anyway I was trolled into thinking it was a good game, so I kept pushing on to see if the plot would stop being generic and boring, if there was some secret I was missing that would suddenly make me see why people liked this trash. It didn't, and there wasn't. Sure, the story had a few moments where it felt like the writers actually cared about writing something interesting, but those moments were quickly forgotten and squandered. After a while, my drive to beat it came from my desire to just get it over with, so I wouldn't have any lingering doubts about the game's quality or fall into the trap of ever playing it again.

But the game does Skinner Box-style game progression very well. New weapons and armors are around every corner, so you're always enticed to keep going to get that phat lewt.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']There have been some great RPGs this gen. I know everyone likes the nostalgia of when they were kids and had no priorities where they could game all day in previous gens, but there have been great RPGs.

Vesperia, Xenoblade, Lost Odyssey, Skyrim, Oblivion, Mass Effect games and more are all tremendous.[/QUOTE]

No mention of Nier? It's leagues better than half that list.

Great game. Wish MS had more JRPGS... but looking at the sales I can see why they didn't bother.

Also they don't need to "re print it" per say because It's available as a Games on Demand title for $30, though the price would be better at say $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='airco']No mention of Nier? It's leagues better than half that list.[/QUOTE]

Yay; just bought Nier off AWD last week ^_^ I have Tales of Graces, Nier, and Xenoblade all on my shelf ready to be played. Have to finish Star Ocean International after I finish Ni No Kuni postgame stuff. Then the hard decision of which to play next...

[quote name='kkotd']If you can get the PS3 version, there are English subtitles and it actually includes more content than the 360 version. But even a used copy will cost you around $30-40 and a new copy ranges around $80-100 because of the prices of Japanese games + importing it over.[/QUOTE]

No, there are no English subtitles. It's Japanese text and Japanese voices only.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Great game. Wish MS had more JRPGS... but looking at the sales I can see why they didn't bother.[/QUOTE]

You can't fault them for trying. They even nabbed Idolmaster (which, if you weren't aware, literally prints money) as an exclusive to get Japan to like them, and they still couldn't get far. I guess after all the developers they had tried so hard to win over wound up porting their ex-exclusives to PS3 with bonus content so they could be played on systems their audience actually owned, MS gave up and focused on its home market, and eventually made the Kinect. Given how the PS3 isn't region locked, I think it's for the best.

[quote name='CAGMoose']Yay; just bought Nier off AWD last week ^_^ I have Tales of Graces, Nier, and Xenoblade all on my shelf ready to be played. Have to finish Star Ocean International after I finish Ni No Kuni postgame stuff. Then the hard decision of which to play next...[/QUOTE]

Xenoblade for sure!! Between Tales and Nier is harder... Nier can be completed quicker and has a less cliche' story, and is more action (i.e. you don't run into enemies and then initiate a battlefield). You definitely have to play Nier through twice to get the full experience. A third and 4th playthrough offer different endings, but the second playthrough by far should be required as it shows a lot more story.

Tales of Graces is good, but not as good as Vesperia in my opinion.

i thought nier was horrible. one of the worst games ive ever played. vesperia was mediocre, but its still leagues better than that turd.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']So what RPGs do you like?[/QUOTE]
Can't say I've played a huge amount that really grabbed me, but Earthbound/Mother 3, Nier, Valkyrie Profile, and Vagrant Story were all pretty rad.

bread's done
Back