Tales of Vesperia is getting a Collectors Edition

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
To celebrate the 10th anniversary. Do you guys think its worth the money? http://blogs.ign.com/NB_TalesOfVesperia/2008/08/04/98266/

The special edition version of the game comes in a SteelBook case with its own unique cover art by longtime Tales character designer Kosuke Fujishima. The packaging itself is really high-quality, but what’s inside is even more exciting. We’ve combed through the music archives at Tales Studio in Japan and put together a bonus 10th anniversary soundtrack CD that will be included in every special edition package. Covering some of the series’ musical highlights from past and present, the CD contains 25 tracks, with 14 songs from Tales of Vesperia, two from Tales of Phantasia, two from Tales of Destiny, four from Tales of Symphonia and three from Tales of the Abyss.

The special edition version of Tales of Vesperia will be available in limited quantities exclusively through select retailers for a suggested retail price of $69.99. Tales of Vesperia ships to retailers on August 26, so check back here soon for more information about the game!

I know it's only $10 more but I'm getting sick of these half assed collectors/premium/special editions for an extra $10. Bioshock LM came with a soundtrack CD, special case, making of DVD, and a figure for... $10 more. That was an extra $10 damn worth spending.

A sampler music CD and some steel aren't worth it, IMO. Throw in an artbook and/or a litho and then I'll bite.

Not a Tales fan so I won't be picking this up, but in general I would pay $10 more for special packaging and a soundtrack.

It's a 50/50 shot for me. I'm probably not going to buy Tales at Launch, but if I were, I'd probably buy the LE. For me, to buy a Limited Edition these days, there are 3 factors.... A) It has to be a game I'm really excited about, B) It has to come with cool stuff (or at least really nice fancy packaging, and C) The added cost has to justify the goods that come with the game.

Ah, I saw this the other day but got confused and thought it was for Japan. I'll definitely get this. Wish they'd say what retailers will be selling it, less then a month to release seems awful late to announce a special edition though.

[quote name='willardhaven']Hmmm, this could be another Mana Khemia flipping opportunity.[/QUOTE]

No chacne. Mana Khemia was limited to 1,000 at one website, and the price quicky double on ebay. ToV SE wont be that limited

Wow, the art looks really nice. I hate steel books though becasue you have to keep opening and closing it to get the game out and they get scratches and tons of other wear which make them look like crap.

I MIGHT get this. Any word on which retailers? Actually, I really want this. I have been a huge Tales Fan since forever. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO, If i buy, buy a game for $60, why not spend $70 and get some sweet swag with it. I hate spending $60 on games, spending $10 more helps balance out the cost.

[quote name='Sinnbox']IMHO, If i buy, buy a game for $60, why not spend $70 and get some sweet swag with it. I hate spending $60 on games, spending $10 more helps balance out the cost.[/QUOTE]

In that case why not spend so more money and import the real soundtrack.

[quote name='Vinny']I know it's only $10 more but I'm getting sick of these half assed collectors/premium/special editions for an extra $10. Bioshock LM came with a soundtrack CD, special case, making of DVD, and a figure for... $10 more. That was an extra $10 damn worth spending.

A sampler music CD and some steel aren't worth it, IMO. Throw in an artbook and/or a litho and then I'll bite.[/quote]

Yeah, umm... it does come with an artbook.

I'm not a fan of RPGs but I picked up this game in the LE packaging. The game itself is great but the artwork on the outside of the case is simply beautiful. It's a piece of artwork compared to other LE'S which usually don't have anything. It's definitely worth the extra $10 IMO.

bread's done
Back