Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition *In Stock* @ Amazon $99.99 + FS

Well, they've been out of stock for a while, and I doubt any company (unless they JUST sell figures and nothing else) would continue to manufacture a $50-worth accessory for a product that will decline in price.

Limited is kinda a loose term, the figures are sealed with a piece of tape that is individually numbered (not sure if the figure is numbered, never opened mine), what the total number is I do not know.

Oh I can't decide whether to cancel this or not.  It's sweet but I already bought the game but if they're reprinting it there's no value and I don't really want a $100 figure.

Edit- I cancelled, that's way too much money to have sitting sealed in a box on speculation.  This is the second time that it's mysteriously came back in stock at a retailer post launch (GS started selling it again a week or two post launch).  Whatever the cause it's not like this is so crazy rare to begin with that eBay and Amazon aren't flooded with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
This happens nearly every time with any game that goes OoS on Amazon. They're probably returns/cancelled order but this one took longer than normal (usually a re-stock happens within a few days after release). This also means you could get a damaged copy though... 

This happens nearly every time with any game that goes OoS on Amazon. They're probably returns/cancelled order but this one took longer than normal (usually a re-stock happens within a few days after release). This also means you could get a damaged copy though...
True, but you also might get one that was OCD returned because it had a spec of dust on it. Or an eye lash. ;)

The statue looks cool.  I went back and forth on it with the Gamestop deal... I may fold this time and sell my Limited Edition on Amazon.  Should be able to get $60ish back I think.

Damn, too late for me now.. Bought it from Gamestop for $92 after tax, and while the price was great, the box arrived pretty beat up, the dent even touched the contents inside (the white box with the Milla figure in it).

Box had some bad dents on the bottom corners and the top was totally smashed, I'm assuming by a heavier box or something during shipping. Contacted GS but obviously they had none in my area and my only other solution was getting my money back and returning it or keeping it..

So I kept it and threw away the box since it looked like total garbage after how badly I received it. As for the game, I haven't played it yet (backlog lulz) but the Milla statue is the first female figure I have in my collection so it certainly makes my collection a bit more robust now.

this is tempting, but my budget is already crushed this month and has no room for speculative collector's edition purchases that i might never play. 

I wonder if these are the extras leftover from the pre-orders since it was one per household. Either way I picked up one more since I had ordered two originally. Thank you for the find

Gahhh okay, need some thoughts.  Is this something that is probably truly still limited, or do these high inventory levels indicate that this might be dropping in price soonish?  I doo like that statue and bigger artbook, but... I am a CAG.  :/

I was debating just selling my CE since I finished the game a couple of nights ago, but if its coming back in stock like this I might as well keep it.

if they have over 999 of these there is no way that these are just cancels/returns

it's a reprint.

sort of makes me mad though that amazon canceled my order of 3 on release and only gave me one.

i doubt this is a reprint, probably just reserve or surplus stock from the manufacturer.  But theres a good chance that these were over produced.  Granted you'll probably never see them in a store but these are probably stacked at the amazon warehouses but don't take my word for it.  If u really want then go for it

anyone opened theirs and gone through the artbook? I need to decide if im opening my LE or CE. The only thing the CE has over the LE i actually want to use is the better artbook. The question is whether its worth opening it up just for that or if the one in the LE is good enough. How much better is it than the LE versions?

i doubt this is a reprint, probably just reserve or surplus stock from the manufacturer. But theres a good chance that these were over produced. Granted you'll probably never see them in a store but these are probably stacked at the amazon warehouses but don't take my word for it. If u really want then go for it
1,000+ stock surplus?? I doubt it.. If the manufacturer had extra they would have sold it on their website instead of giving it to amazon and I highly doubt amazon had this many canceled orders

... I wonder if it is the exact same as the limited edition case that also says not for resale... Does the CE vs. LE come with more dlc costumes, or all exactly the same other than the book quality and figure?

1,000+ stock surplus?? I doubt it.. If the manufacturer had extra they would have sold it on their website instead of giving it to amazon and I highly doubt amazon had this many canceled orders
Well you don't reprint the game over night... so it wouldn't be a reprint regardless of what your though process is. If Namco wen't overboard due to the demand for Ni No Kuni and was stock with a large surprlus I could see them giving the copies to Amazon on consignment as they'd have a much better chance selling there then through there store.

And IIRC these never did sell out on the Namco site.

The manufacturer sold out on their website after about 3 days. It has been and is out of stock still @ Namco's store.

The manufacturer sold out on their website after about 3 days. It has been and is out of stock still @ Namco's store.

That can't be true. There were numerous threads on CAG and SD about it coming back in stock at clubnamco.

Edit: Found it in stock at club namco as of July 23rd.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6170684-Tales-of-Xilia-Collector-s-Edition-Pre-Order-99-99-Namco-Store-Sold-Out-Most-Places

but regardless you do understand a reprint doesn't happen in a day, or even 1-2 weeks. You can't even clear a container through customs in that short of time.

That can't be true. There were numerous threads on CAG and SD about it coming back in stock at clubnamco. 

Edit: Found it in stock at club namco as of July 23rd.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6170684-Tales-of-Xilia-Collector-s-Edition-Pre-Order-99-99-Namco-Store-Sold-Out-Most-Places

but regardless you do understand a reprint doesn't happen in a day, or even 1-2 weeks. You can't even clear a container through customs in that short of time.
this is most likely late shipements, and cancelled orders from credit card issues. i sitll remember the last of us surivial edition, end up back in stock after one week, for 10 days on that one day. when it was clearly sold out everywhere except for amazon.

bread's done
Back