Tangled Coupon

[quote name='eastx']I think we have a rule against posting links to coupon scans. I disagree with this rule as it forces us to have to visit other sites in order to find the coupon. But I don't know what we can do about it, other than complain to the mods.[/QUOTE]

I know that ad scans got someone in trouble a while ago, but what's the big deal over coupon scans? It's a huge headache.

[quote name='eastx']I think we have a rule against posting links to coupon scans. I disagree with this rule as it forces us to have to visit other sites in order to find the coupon. But I don't know what we can do about it, other than complain to the mods.[/QUOTE]Yes, we do have a rule against coupon scans, as it's inviting the retailers to serve us with cease-and-desist notices. Unless it's a coupon that is available online (DMR coupon, for example), we can't have it posted here on CAG.

Feel free to post links to other sites that have scans of the coupons. We just won't be having them hosted on CAG.

[quote name='aporter727']I know that ad scans got someone in trouble a while ago, but what's the big deal over coupon scans? It's a huge headache.[/QUOTE]The bigger headache is Target serving us with cease-and-desist when we're hosting images of coupons that aren't scannable or copyable. That's more of an issue, sorry. Ad scans and coupon scans are in the same situation.

Yep, no problems at BB except the plush was looong gone by noon. :(

These BB exclusives really suck when they don't even last the first couple hours of the day of release, much less the week they're advertised in the ad.

I did have $20 in RZ certs so my out of pocket total today was $.46. I thought they guy would balk about putting in the $5 coupon when my subtotal went to $4.99 but I knew the coupon was after-tax so the total being over $5 was enough for it to work, although hell, maybe I could've gotten change back. ;) (I always try to use coupons + RZ certs together to negate the "coupon after tax" issue as much as possible)

Struck out on the plush at Best Buy around 12:30pm. They'd already sold out of the "around 10" that they got. I remember past plush promotions where they received at least a few dozen where after the respective movie's release week, there were still some that wound up sitting around . I wonder what happened.

Also struck out at three different Targets for the 4-disc set. At the second Target, I actually bothered to ask someone to check stock, and they said that the first one I'd been to had some still. Grrrrr... I wound up driving 15min back there after calling and having them hold it for me. No freebie Golden Book attached to it. According to the online version of the flyer, the 4-disc versions should have them as well the non-3D BD/DVD combos.

Target shoppers: Did anyone get a 4-disc w/ the book attached? Is this something that I might want to continue hunting for?

And anyone who got the book, in general: Is it drawn or movie stills? I think my folks still have some of my old Golden Books from my childhood and wouldn't mind adding this to the collection for whenever I start a family (or just have it as an "alt-art book" in the meanwhile).

Got a scan of the target coupon off slickdeals. Would rather have the plush from bestbuy but would rather save $10 at target. Now I gotta flip this 3d copy I have no use for

[quote name='dafunkk12']
Target shoppers: Did anyone get a 4-disc w/ the book attached? Is this something that I might want to continue hunting for?

And anyone who got the book, in general: Is it drawn or movie stills? I think my folks still have some of my old Golden Books from my childhood and wouldn't mind adding this to the collection for whenever I start a family (or just have it as an "alt-art book" in the meanwhile).[/QUOTE]

It's hand-drawn and the size of the Blu-Ray case (they're packaged together). Pretty nice bonus.

Just bought the last copy of Tangled 4 disc 3D Blu Ray for $14.99 before tax. I used the $5 off coupon from the Target spring mailer and the $5 off DMR coupon.

[quote name='biglew']Just bought the last copy of Tangled 4 disc 3D Blu Ray for $14.99 before tax. I used the $5 off coupon from the Target spring mailer and the $5 off DMR coupon.[/QUOTE]

Me too, worked great love these coupons, hope they don't stop.

My Target was out of the 4-disc'er, but I took up the 2-disc set and played dumb just to see what would happen with the coupons. The Target spring mailer coupon didn't work, but the DMR coupon scanner without a hitch, so for those of you who are cool with the 2-disc set for $14.99+tax, there is a way!

[quote name='jbirou']My Target was out of the 4-disc'er, but I took up the 2-disc set and played dumb just to see what would happen with the coupons. The Target spring mailer coupon didn't work, but the DMR coupon scanner without a hitch, so for those of you who are cool with the 2-disc set for $14.99+tax, there is a way![/QUOTE]

I actually played reeeal dumb and was able to get the 2-disc set for $9.99. I also picked the young male cashier with a fauxhawk. He didn't seem to even look at the rules of the coupon and just pressed F1.

M

Damn - 3 Targets in my area were out of the 4 disc version. I'm going to try one tomorrow and then cave and get the 2 disc version.

[quote name='Jayrcee']It's clear that Target had very few copies of the 3D version out today :([/QUOTE]

Depends where you go. My store had 59 copies of the 4-disc version to begin the day and we aren't a level one, or whatever the phrase is. We were sold out by noon. It's a big Disney release and people are buying multiple copies.

My Target had the 4 disk Tangled locked in a room in the back. I had to wait while some guy got it then he told me that he would check me out in electronics. I handed him my two coupons, he looked at them suspiciously and said "You can only use one or the other". I'm like, WTF, what is this Best Buy? Just call the manager. He then tells me, "He'll just say the same thing." When the manager gets there and tells the employee to accept both, I tell him, "I do this all the time, it's perfectly valid, I had just brought your coupon policy up on my phone to show you too..."

Anyway, I don't usually have these problems at Target, this problem arose because some stock dude was trying to check me out and he had no fucking clue about the policy. When this kind of thing happens at Target, I don't even mess around with the employees, I just tell them to call the manager.

[quote name='jbirou']My Target was out of the 4-disc'er, but I took up the 2-disc set and played dumb just to see what would happen with the coupons. The Target spring mailer coupon didn't work, but the DMR coupon scanner without a hitch, so for those of you who are cool with the 2-disc set for $14.99+tax, there is a way![/QUOTE]

Well, seeing as the spring mailer coupon would have worked with the 4-disc combo pack (because it's right at the minimum for the coupon) it would have been a much better deal to just pick up the 4-disc and use both coupons. Personally, a 4-disc set (especially one with a Blu-ray 3D disc) for $14.99+tax is MUCH cooler with me! ;) [edit: Sorry, skipped the fact that your store was sold out of 4-disc'ers... I posted this first part before really thinking]

As for people having issues with the coupons, my cashier had to override the spring mailer coupon because the computer said there wasn't a valid item for the coupon... even though he scanned that coupon first. It wasn't an issue after he looked at the price of the 4-disc and pressed a single key.

And, referring to the coupon policy, it says right on the Target coupon that it can be used with one manufacturer coupon. The Disney coupon says it's not supposed to be used with any other offers, but it's not like they're losing any money over an accompanying Target coupon!

Target allows for one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon per item, so there's nothing stopping you on using their $5 coupon and the DMR coupon at the same time for the purchase. Assuming it's the 4-disc and it's $24.99, which it would be in this case.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I actually played reeeal dumb and was able to get the 2-disc set for $9.99. I also picked the young male cashier with a fauxhawk. He didn't seem to even look at the rules of the coupon and just pressed F1.

M[/QUOTE]

A buddy of mine did the same thing. The coupons scanned with no problem.

Amazon emailed me telling me that they are refunding $5 to my VISA card. They already gave me $5 promotional credit when I emailed a complaint.

$29.99
-8 (amazon promotion)
-5 (amazon credit refund)
-5 (visa credit card refund)

=$11.99 for the 4 disc set. Sweet. :)

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Yeah, I just saw that on SD. Will I have any trouble using both of these coupons for the 4-disc version at my Target tomorrow? lol[/QUOTE]

no both will be fine

Argh, I didn't know about that Target coupon. I used the Disney coupon plus a $10 rewardzone coupon to get the 4D (four disc lol) version at BB.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Amazon emailed me telling me that they are refunding $5 to my VISA card. They already gave me $5 promotional credit when I emailed a complaint.

$29.99
-8 (amazon promotion)
-5 (amazon credit refund)
-5 (visa credit card refund)

=$11.99 for the 4 disc set. Sweet. :)[/QUOTE]

Exact same thing happened to me. I love Amazon.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Just got the 4 disc version at my local Target using both coupons without a problem :)[/QUOTE]There shouldn't have been an issue. The DMR coupon is a manufacturer coupon and the newly found coupon is a Target coupon. One of each per item.

[quote name='shrike4242']There shouldn't have been an issue. The DMR coupon is a manufacturer coupon and the newly found coupon is a Target coupon. One of each per item.[/QUOTE]Agreed, but I hate dealing with the employees there. One employee once told me they don't price match their own freakin' website...

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Agreed, but I hate dealing with the employees there. One employee once told me they don't price match their own freakin' website...[/QUOTE]

Get used to it. Many retailers (including Walmart and TRU) don't price match their own website claiming that it is a "different division" or something like that. Sometimes you can get a manager to override that policy as a courtesy, though.

[quote name='donut']Here's a link for a legit $5 Target coupon

code is hair

http://www.tangledbluraycoupon.com/[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the link. I went to Target this morning and had no problems with both coupons. I was on the fence about getting this movie, but couldn't pass up 14.99+tax. Thanks again.

Just picked up my copy at Target using both coupons. It's nice to go to the 10 and under item lane at the end of a Saturday night. They don't question anything.

Thanks to everyone who posted coupons.

I used both coupons and I also grabbed a copy of Black swan and some stuff my wife wanted to get over 50 bucks before coupons. I had a target coupon for a free 5 dollar gift card if you spent 50 dollars so I used it first. Then I gave them the 2 coupons for 10 bucks off the tangled bluray. Came out at about 30 bucks for the 2 blu rays. The Target coupon for 5 bucks off a disney movie over 24 bucks did not scan right at the end but he just did an override on it since I pointed out the Tangled blu was 24.99

Any chance the Disney Coupon will work today; How lenient is Target with coupons? Expiration date is yesterday.

Edit: Nevermind, Disney Coupon expires today.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was watching tangled in 3D and in the beginning i see some pixelated parts right when the switch to a different scene. it was very quick. i want to know if anyone have the same problems.

What is the price of Tangled today? I have a DMR coupon that doesn't expire until the 13th. Is the Target coupon still good?

bread's done
Back