Tank! Tank! Tank! free to play on Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintTardamus

CAGiversary!
I looked, but couldn't find a post about this. Feel free to redirect me if I'm posting in error.

Tank! Tank! Tank! is currently free on the Wii U eShop, and you can collect the club nintendo coins as a free bonus! Reviews say it's not so great, but I'll give it shot for free...and with the club nintendo coints, they are kind of paying me to download it...sweet!

Anyway, here's an article on this from Destructoid:

http://www.destructoid.com/psa-tank-tank-tank-nets-you-free-club-nintendo-coins-252984.phtml

Edit...just found a reference to it in the Wii U E Shop post. Suppose this can be deleted.

Foiled again.

The coins aren't showing up anymore in Club Nintendo anymore. I downloaded this last night and they haven't shown up. Other forums are showing the same thing.

[quote name='emperordahc']The coins aren't showing up anymore in Club Nintendo anymore. I downloaded this last night and they haven't shown up. Other forums are showing the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Ditto and ...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341132

[quote name='DarkSageRK']The only people who read the megathreads are the super hardcore fans. I wouldn't have found out about this deal without the OP making a new thread.[/QUOTE]

Yep, this.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']The only people who read the megathreads are the super hardcore fans. I wouldn't have found out about this deal without the OP making a new thread.[/QUOTE]

Untrue. I don't even own a WiiU and I read that thread. My buddy owns one and I check for him.

It's really hard to find deals in 50 page threads, whether they be for stores or systems. I prefer threads that advertise deals on specific games. That's the only way that makes sense to me.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']it's really hard to find deals in 50 page threads, whether they be for stores or systems. I prefer threads that advertise deals on specific games. That's the only way that makes sense to me.[/quote]

+1

I too prefer single threads for deals because I usually stay on top of gaming news but had not heard anything about this one until seeing this thread. Thanks OP.

You don't have to read the thread. You just have to read the OP.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']It's really hard to find deals in 50 page threads, whether they be for stores or systems. I prefer threads that advertise deals on specific games. That's the only way that makes sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Currently on sale on PSN this week:

BioShock - $9.79 ***
BioShock 2 - $9.79 **
Devil May Cry HD Collection - $14.69 **
God of War HD - $7.34 ***
God of War II HD - $7.34 ***
God of War Collection - $14.69 ***
God of War Origins Collection - $9.79 ***
Infamous - $14.69 ***
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Move Compatible **
LittleBigPlanet - $14.69 ***
LittleBigPlanet Karting - $19.59 - Move Compatible ***
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition - $7.34 **
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition - $7.34 **
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $19.59 **
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD - $9.79 **
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $19.59 ***
Ratchet & Clank Collection - $14.69 **
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - $9.79 ****
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - $7.34 **
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty - $7.34 **
The Sly Collection - $14.69 ***
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - $4.89 ***
Sly 2: Band of Thieves - $4.89 ***
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves - $4.89 ***
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - $19.59 ****
Twisted Metal - $19.59 **

PSP Deals
God of War : Chains of Olympus - $7.34 ***
God of War: Ghost of Sparta - $7.34 ***
LittleBigPlanet - $7.34 ***
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - $9.79 ***
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - $4.89 **
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus - $4.89 **
Secret Agent Clank - $7.34 ***
Twisted Metal: Head-On - $3.91 **

Vita Deals
LittleBigPlanet - $17.49 ***
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $17.14 - **
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $17.49 **
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - $12.94 ***

PS1 Classics Deals
Metal Gear Solid - $4.89 **
Twisted Metal - $2.79 **
Twisted Metal 2 - $2.79 **

PS2 Classics Deals
Twisted Metal: Black - $4.89 **

Should there be a thread for each one of these games? You guys may think you hate the mega-threads, but you don't realize that you love them. Without them, CAG would be completely cluttered with XBLA, PSN, and Steam deals.

A thread for every game?
Do you hate organization and categorization that much?

Think of use who are here often, who would have to stare at all that mess, all that clutter, all that redundant information.

Well, what bothers me is the lack of sub-forums for Video Game Deals. Right now the first page is pretty much half megathreads. We do need them, but it's harder to catch the isolated deals trickled between dozens of constantly bumped topics.

Noteworthy deals are worthy of threads. Tank! Tank! Tank! being completely free is noteworthy. The overwhelming majority of those PSN deals are not.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Noteworthy deals are worthy of threads. Tank! Tank! Tank! being completely free is noteworthy. The overwhelming majority of those PSN deals are not.[/QUOTE]

Except its not completely free. A lot of the content, including the single player campaign, the My Kong multiplayer mode, as well as a lot of arenas are locked and must be bought.

On top of that, you can only play 3 times per day unless you buy a piece of locked content.

My Kong is on sale for 80% off for $1.99 though until the 15th. Though everyone would already know that if they looked at the OP of the WiiU thread.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Noteworthy deals are worthy of threads. Tank! Tank! Tank! being completely free is noteworthy. The overwhelming majority of those PSN deals are not.[/QUOTE]
"Noteworthy" is subjective.
Sleeping Dogs from PSN is also noteworthy (so was Darksiders, Demon's Souls, multiple games in the EU PSN), but people refuse to read Frisky's thread despite his awesome efforts. And we got a thread for Sleeping Dogs, which evolved into PS3 vs. XBOX flame, then escalated to PC vs. Console flame, then disappeared, or got deleted.

All the mega thread contributors are very diligent to constantly update the OP, reflect the most "noteworthy" deals on the title, you know, working hard to keep CAG organized and clean.

If you refuse to read the OP of megathreads, there should be reposts of the content from it to compensate for that? I don't get it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You don't have to read the thread. You just have to read the OP.

Currently on sale on PSN this week:

BioShock - $9.79 ***
BioShock 2 - $9.79 **
Devil May Cry HD Collection - $14.69 **
God of War HD - $7.34 ***
God of War II HD - $7.34 ***
God of War Collection - $14.69 ***
God of War Origins Collection - $9.79 ***
Infamous - $14.69 ***
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Move Compatible **
LittleBigPlanet - $14.69 ***
LittleBigPlanet Karting - $19.59 - Move Compatible ***
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition - $7.34 **
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition - $7.34 **
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $19.59 **
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD - $9.79 **
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $19.59 ***
Ratchet & Clank Collection - $14.69 **
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - $9.79 ****
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - $7.34 **
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty - $7.34 **
The Sly Collection - $14.69 ***
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - $4.89 ***
Sly 2: Band of Thieves - $4.89 ***
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves - $4.89 ***
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - $19.59 ****
Twisted Metal - $19.59 **

PSP Deals
God of War : Chains of Olympus - $7.34 ***
God of War: Ghost of Sparta - $7.34 ***
LittleBigPlanet - $7.34 ***
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - $9.79 ***
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - $4.89 **
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus - $4.89 **
Secret Agent Clank - $7.34 ***
Twisted Metal: Head-On - $3.91 **

Vita Deals
LittleBigPlanet - $17.49 ***
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $17.14 - **
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $17.49 **
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - $12.94 ***

PS1 Classics Deals
Metal Gear Solid - $4.89 **
Twisted Metal - $2.79 **
Twisted Metal 2 - $2.79 **

PS2 Classics Deals
Twisted Metal: Black - $4.89 **

Should there be a thread for each one of these games? You guys may think you hate the mega-threads, but you don't realize that you love them. Without them, CAG would be completely cluttered with XBLA, PSN, and Steam deals.[/QUOTE]

Those games suck and no one will reply to your crappy thread about twisted metal 3. The problem with megathreads is they're called "walmart megathread XXVII dont click this" and the deals are on page 53 instead of page 1 because few people update the OP and wikifying doesn't let you change the title. So you get the thread custodian who is dealt this cumbersome task of updating the first post all the time.

I'm talking the amazon wd thread, which has loads of info, but hell to follow. Maybe the dude above is right, steam deals should be in a steam forum, psn deals in psn forum or the price tracker thing should actually work.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Those games suck and no one will reply to your crappy thread about twisted metal 3. The problem with megathreads is they're called "walmart megathread XXVII dont click this" and the deals are on page 53 instead of page 1 because few people update the OP and wikifying doesn't let you change the title. So you get the thread custodian who is dealt this cumbersome task of updating the first post all the time.

I'm talking the amazon wd thread, which has loads of info, but hell to follow. Maybe the dude above is right, steam deals should be in a steam forum, psn deals in psn forum or the price tracker thing should actually work.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Those games suck and no one will reply to your crappy thread about twisted metal 3.[/QUOTE]
Subjective.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']The problem with megathreads is they're called "walmart megathread XXVII dont click this"[/QUOTE]
Only for the Target/Walmart threads because of the highly YMMV nature. The PSN, Newegg, Nintendo, XBOX threads all have titles reflected noteworthy games/deals.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']and the deals are on page 53 instead of page 1 [/QUOTE]
Most are IN THE OP, with a few exception, again because of the highly YMMV nature.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']So you get the thread custodian who is dealt this cumbersome task of updating the first post all the time.
[/QUOTE]
They do a great job.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']
I'm talking the amazon wd thread, which has loads of info, but hell to follow.[/QUOTE]
Of course, things pop up on Amazon WD literally for minutes then disappears. It is humanly impossible to keep updating the OP or create new threads and delete them in time. AWD deals are very difficult to take advantage of, it is it's nature, and you have to spend the time to grab good deals. Not all jaw-dropping deals are right at your fingertips.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Steam deals should be in a steam forum, psn deals in psn forum[/QUOTE]
How is that different than clicking into the megathread, and READING THE OP? You are just clicking into the sub forum, and reading all thread titles.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']the price tracker thing should actually work.[/QUOTE]
That thing is very hard to code, with all the YMMV deals.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Those games suck and no one will reply to your crappy thread about twisted metal 3. The problem with megathreads is they're called "walmart megathread XXVII dont click this" and the deals are on page 53 instead of page 1 because few people update the OP and wikifying doesn't let you change the title. So you get the thread custodian who is dealt this cumbersome task of updating the first post all the time.

I'm talking the amazon wd thread, which has loads of info, but hell to follow. Maybe the dude above is right, steam deals should be in a steam forum, psn deals in psn forum or the price tracker thing should actually work.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Not to mention every time one of those threads gets derailed into conversations like this, it makes it even harder to follow. I don't give a damn about free themes or avatar props that require viewing specific/random dashboard ads, but the Xbox Live thread is cluttered with that crap.

I did not know about this WiiU deal until this thread, and I own a WiiU. Thanks for informing me.

[quote name='Phokis']:applause:
I don't give a damn about free themes or avatar props that require viewing specific/random dashboard ads, but the Xbox Live thread is cluttered with that crap.
[/QUOTE]
You mean tyler's thread? The OP contains mostly games, what are you talking about?

[quote name='Prismatico']Well, what bothers me is the lack of sub-forums for Video Game Deals. Right now the first page is pretty much half megathreads. We do need them, but it's harder to catch the isolated deals trickled between dozens of constantly bumped topics.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind seeing how separate forums would work. Might be interesting.

Not to mention every time one of those threads gets derailed into conversations like this, it makes it even harder to follow. I don't give a damn about free themes or avatar props that require viewing specific/random dashboard ads, but the Xbox Live thread is cluttered with that crap.

I did not know about this WiiU deal until this thread, and I own a WiiU. Thanks for informing me.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this complaint at all. You don't have to read the thread to get in on the deals. Just read the OP. As someone who reads every post in the XBL thread, I can assure you that you're missing nothing. Any semi-notworthy deal (such as the free Lara Croft or Assassins Creed III glitches) make it to the OP of that thread or a new thread.

This is a demo disguised as a free game. I saw this before in the Nintendo Shop thread...wish I would have grabbed it when they were still giving out free coins.

[/QUOTE]

If you're going to attempt to make a point don't cite examples that utterly decredit anything you say. No one EVER discusses free themes and avatar items from dashboard ads in the Xbox Live Thread. That stuff takes place in its own thread in the free stuff section.

You only get to play 3 rounds per day in single or online play.. and then you gotta buy all the extra modes and missions as DLC. -_-; Took over an hour to download this only to find out I'm getting the trial version. Honestly by the time you beat the game, if you even choose to play it that long at only 3 matches/levels a day, you'll probably have lost all interest in it. It's just very basic and repetitive. How this thing is 1.5 GBs is beyond comprehension.

So no coins? Bummer. I don't see it listed in the Eligible Products page anyway.

I think you'll still get a post play survey a week after download.

[quote name='TooPoor']"Noteworthy" is subjective.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, but if you're frequently monitoring gaming deals as many of us are, it's pretty easy to deduce when something's a big deal and when something's just not worth the excitement. Examples of the former and latter, respectively: a just-released $60 title being marked down to $29.99 in its first month, and an ages-old $15 downloadable title being marked down fifteen percent. You may not care, but it's not difficult to determine when a lot of people would.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Except its not completely free. A lot of the content, including the single player campaign, the My Kong multiplayer mode, as well as a lot of arenas are locked and must be bought.

On top of that, you can only play 3 times per day unless you buy a piece of locked content.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I wasn't aware, as I still do not have a Wii U. That's kind of a buzzkill. :whistle2:T

Overall, I still would rather see this thread than "Hey, check out this game on clearance at this one location and no other, lol!" And I wish significant PS3 deals would receive their own threads more often (disclaimer: I don't pay that much attention) because, IMO, Frisky's thread is an eyesore.

And as long as things stay within reason and people aren't flooding the boards with the same info in fifteen different threads, I don't see and never have seen what the big deal is. They're just posts on a forum, a heavily-moderated one at that. It's not THAT hard to find what you want.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Obviously, but if you're frequently monitoring gaming deals as many of us are, it's pretty easy to deduce when something's a big deal and when something's just not worth the excitement. Examples of the former and latter, respectively: a just-released $60 title being marked down to $29.99 in its first month, and an ages-old $15 downloadable title being marked down fifteen percent. You may not care, but it's not difficult to determine when a lot of people would.

Hah, I wasn't aware, as I still do not have a Wii U. That's kind of a buzzkill. :whistle2:T

Overall, I still would rather see this thread than "Hey, check out this game on clearance at this one location and no other, lol!" And I wish significant PS3 deals would receive their own threads more often (disclaimer: I don't pay that much attention) because, IMO, Frisky's thread is an eyesore.

And as long as things stay within reason and people aren't flooding the boards with the same info in fifteen different threads, I don't see and never have seen what the big deal is. They're just posts on a forum, a heavily-moderated one at that. It's not THAT hard to find what you want.[/QUOTE]
My "subjective" comment was only there for the sake of completion, the rest of my argument is the main body. And it's funny how some say "toopoor you are here too often and talk too often" while you say I don't have a good sense of what a good deal is.

Main point: it is a good deal, worthy info, but it is the OP of the mega thread. Not the body of the thread, the OP. it's just not in the title. And if you own the system and cannot bother to read the OP of the thread dedicated to your platform of choice, I don't know what to say.

Played it last night. Keeping in mind that it's an arcade game, it's not bad.

I was hoping simply removing the 3 play per day limit would make it worth playing, but SO much of the content is still locked behind DLC. There's only one map per mode in multiplayer, so even if you unlock the 3 play limit, there's nothing to play.

When I find the disc for $10, I'll grab it. This piecemeal version isn't worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']My "subjective" comment was only there for the sake of completion, the rest of my argument is the main body.[/QUOTE]

I only quoted that one line because the rest of your post either supported the point of that one line or didn't merit a response from me.

[quote name='TooPoor']And it's funny how some say "toopoor you are here too often and talk too often" while you say I don't have a good sense of what a good deal is.[/QUOTE]

Way to misconstrue what I was saying. If anything, I was assuming you probably do have a decent grasp of those concepts.

I saw this in the eShop yesterday and downloaded it. I bought the my kong pack for 1.99 at 80% off like posted previously.

My kids love the game at my local arcade, and it is great for a 4 player at home game that my 3-10 year olds and I can play together....

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I only quoted that one line because the rest of your post either supported the point of that one line or didn't merit a response from me.

Way to misconstrue what I was saying. If anything, I was assuming you probably do have a decent grasp of those concepts.[/QUOTE]
Okay I think it's time to let this go, here will always be those that support mega threads and those that don't. I will try to keep my Sheldon-like obessesion with completion, organization and format in check.

[quote name='dark_inchworm'] And I wish significant PS3 deals would receive their own threads more often (disclaimer: I don't pay that much attention) because, IMO, Frisky's thread is an eyesore.[/QUOTE]
Care to explain what an "eyesore" means?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Care to explain what an "eyesore" means?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps some people classify an eyesore as a well-run organized thread because it clashes with their idea that a thread should be a jumbled mess?

Don't think there is any point to this thread (especially with the game not giving out Club coins any more) - closing it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back