Target 3/20-3/26: B1G1 50% off on all PlayStation/Xbox/PC Games, amiibo/DI/Skylander/LEGO figures

Miami Flash15

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Saw this on Wario's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/706003627358314496

Buy 1 Get 1 50% off on all PlayStation/Xbox/PC Games, amiibo/DI/Skylander/LEGO figures

Ccw6jqKUYAAac7_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to get the PM on The Order, Gears Remake and God of war remaster plus a target 360 clearance game just to add a 4th for the deal but stupid lady told me she COULD price match the three games but she would have to ring me up separate i wont get the additional 50% off the second game(s). So she rang up each game individually. Worst part is i had a gang of Easter candy and she decided to ring that up with the clearance game so i couldn't use Cartwheel on God of war or Gears. So super bad luck for me. still a decent deal but part of me wants to return all 4 games cause i didnt get my 50% off like i was hopeing

All playstation? What lying piece of shit. None of the vita games count. All my ass. I would just go for BB but they stop selling one game I want(check store, no stock in 250 miles).

I tried to get the PM on The Order, Gears Remake and God of war remaster plus a target 360 clearance game just to add a 4th for the deal but stupid lady told me she COULD price match the three games but she would have to ring me up separate i wont get the additional 50% off the second game(s). So she rang up each game individually. Worst part is i had a gang of Easter candy and she decided to ring that up with the clearance game so i couldn't use Cartwheel on God of war or Gears. So super bad luck for me. still a decent deal but part of me wants to return all 4 games cause i didnt get my 50% off like i was hopeing
So basically the target employee actually followed store policy...

I of course mean that if you purchase 2 preorder games with this could I somehow use the $1 preorder cards when I get them? Or no? Doesn't work like that?

So I can't find where it says you cannot get the buy one get one half off when price matching those games from another store. From what I read on the target website everythings pretty clear with regards to cartwheel and gift cards and freebies offered by another store but nothing with price match and their own buy 1 get 50% off. I wrote an email off to target trying to get a 20 buck refund cause the lady rang my games up seperate. Let's see what that say

Yea...stupid lady! How dare she do her job and follow the store policy?!

I of course mean that if you purchase 2 preorder games with this could I somehow use the $1 preorder cards when I get them? Or no? Doesn't work like that?
Of course. You get back two $5 gift cards from the transaction. Doesnt matter what you actually pay for each game. The register will prompt them after they scan each card. Tip-hand the cards over after all price matching is done and everything rung up, then finish with cartwheel app

Of course. You get back two $5 gift cards from the transaction. Doesnt matter what you actually pay for each game. The register will prompt them after they scan each card. Tip-hand the cards over after all price matching is done and everything rung up, then finish with cartwheel app
Well the thing is I have to preorder the games online now to get the buy one get one 50%. But the games don't actually come out for months. So if I'm not actually paying for them in store would I even be able to use the preorder cards at all? I'm sorry if I'm being confusing or dense. I'm just trying to figure this all out. Thanks!

If you are ordering on the website then o the reservation cards wont work. Those are for in store purchases only. Sorry. But yes they work months after the games release.

I was able to PM and Cartwheel Gears for two copies. And I may have snuck in some Reese's easter egg mini's. Also on cartwheel. Thanks as always wouldn't have tried it without feedback :)

Gonna try to PM RS6 Siege + GOW:UE from the Best Buy ad and try to use the BOGO50 promo as well.

If it works, should turn out to $35 total...if I really want to be a cheapskate, I'll try to use the Cartwheel promo so its $32.49. 

Will report back. 

EDIT: Well, that worked out pretty well, they let me PM both games and gave me the BOGO50 promo, bringing it to $35 total for both games.

As an added bonus, the guy gave me the Gold Edition of RS6 Siege, I didn't even notice until I walked out of the store.

It seems like they allow a PM + BOGO50, but they won't allow stacking the Cartwheel offer on Gears.

Gonna try to PM RS6 Siege + GOW:UE from the Best Buy ad and try to use the BOGO50 promo as well.

If it works, should turn out to $35 total...if I really want to be a cheapskate, I'll try to use the Cartwheel promo so its $32.49.

Will report back.

EDIT: Well, that worked out pretty well, they let me PM both games and gave me the BOGO50 promo, bringing it to $35 total for both games.

As an added bonus, the guy gave me the Gold Edition of RS6 Siege, I didn't even notice until I walked out of the store.

It seems like they allow a PM + BOGO50, but they won't allow stacking the Cartwheel offer on Gears.
the BOGO 50% is an automated discount on the second game.

YMMV ALOT?

I was able to do the BOGO50% today AND get cartwheel for Gears and Rare Replay. The cartwheel wouldnt apply like it should so they had to do an overide because it didnt say anything about cartwheel and BOGO not allowing to stack. So meanwhile some funny things went on.  I paid 16.58 after tax for 2 copies of gears of war, but 1 of my copies of the game says that the refund value is $29.99(????). I paid 19.39 after tax for two copies of Rare Replay and one of them has a refund value of 17.24(????)  

YMMV ALOT?

I was able to do the BOGO50% today AND get cartwheel for Gears and Rare Replay. The cartwheel wouldnt apply like it should so they had to do an overide because it didnt say anything about cartwheel and BOGO not allowing to stack. So meanwhile some funny things went on. I paid 16.58 after tax for 2 copies of gears of war, but 1 of my copies of the game says that the refund value is $29.99(????). I paid 19.39 after tax for two copies of Rare Replay and one of them has a refund value of 17.24(????)
Well you know what to do right?

Yeah, the B1G1 50% off doesn't combine with the cartwheel. It overrode the Cartwheel. On the receipt I saw that I paid $9.99 for one Gears and $4.99 for the other. So only buy one Gears on each transaction if you want the Cartwheel to work.

Will report back.

So they won't let you price match and add cartwheel coupon but they let you price match and use BOGO promo, I was able to price match Far Cry Primal and Rainbox Six Siege for a total of $70.xx. I was fortunate enough to get the LAST Gold Edition which made the trip worth it. The lady noticed the price for Siege exceeded the price match so she had her supervisor override the transaction which she was more than happy to do. So I essentially bought a $89.99 game for $15.xx.

Well you know what to do right?
Yea, I went to another store and got more gears of war. Forza and Rare replay now correctly deduct all bogo and cartwheel. Still had a problem with gears. And all of the target employees don't know what 75% is. #math took me 25 minutes but got out of there with everything

Yeah, the B1G1 50% off doesn't combine with the cartwheel. It overrode the Cartwheel. On the receipt I saw that I paid $9.99 for one Gears and $4.99 for the other. So only buy one Gears on each transaction if you want the Cartwheel to work.
$39.99 game - 75% off = $9.99

$39.99 game - 75% off - 50% off = $4.99

What am I missing here? If it overrode the cartwheel, wouldn't your games be $39.99 and $19.99? I'm seeing you got both discounts.

Would this be the best bet for me if I want to buy two new games (mortal kombat xl and probably just cause 3 or something)? Anywhere I can get 'em cheaper?

What am I missing here? If it overrode the cartwheel, wouldn't your games be $39.99 and $19.99? I'm seeing you got both discounts.
The total for those two games SHOULD be 15$ with bogo and cartwheel. Now what I have come across is the computer not letting both discounts work on both games. SO THIS IS WHAT I DID

No where on cartwheel does it say that it is not allowed to work. Make sure you do two copies of gears on one transaction alone. Go ahead and have them ring you out at the 45$ or so total. When you get the receipt call them out on the incorrect pricing. The cartwheel is supposed to apply to both even with the bogo. I tried fora with cartwheel and bogo and it rang up flawlessly.

The cashier will be dumbfounded and do math on there phone and then a calculator multiple times. Stand your ground when they can't comprehend 75% off. They will either call a manager or take you up to customer service. The manager in charge will also be dumbfounded and do math multiple times trying to explain to you that it is 75% stand your ground, refer back to the terms and conditions of the cartwheel. 20-30 minutes later they will manually give you 30$ in cash for a "missed coupon" and staple a receipt to your original receipt. Meanwhile you got the difference in cash and your original receipt still has a refund value of 30$ for the first gears and 15$ for the second copy.

FYI.

Also I just got back from purchasing two copies of Lego dimensions. I did a price match with target.com and snuck in cartwheel. They came out to 31$ each. But the computer never put in the BOGO50%. Are these considered "games"?

I guess I forgot to mention it. I also PMed the $10 price at Best Buy. So I wanted to first drop the price to $10 after the PM, then use the Cartwheel to drop the price to $2.49. I was already able to do it earlier that day so I know it works like that. So either the PM or the Cartwheel got removed.

Ymmv

Just got 3ds smash for 12.50 and Pokemon sapphire for 12.50.
They had an end so that had only Nintendo games on it and the BOGO signage on it. The wording of the 50% off game said "on this display"

I picked out my two filler games and did separate transactions. The associate called it in and it only took about 60 seconds to get it cleared. They manually put in the 50% off so the filler games could potentially go back.

I tried pricematching Lego Dimensions fun packs at $7.49, but the B1G1 50% didn't work. I had read that some people got it to work with Infinity figures, though. The Target website has a few at $7.59 and B1G1 50% off, but only one of them I was interested in. Plus, I was hoping to PM some level packs that are cheap on Amazon and get the promo. I might try doing a couple of the fun packs through the website. I'm not sure if I could trade one of them for the one I want once I get into the store or not.

Ymmv

They had an end so that had only Nintendo games on it and the BOGO signage on it. The wording of the 50% off game said "on this display"

I picked out my two filler games and did separate transactions. The associate called it in and it only took about 60 seconds to get it cleared. They manually put in the 50% off so the filler games could potentially go back.
Seen those labels yesterday, wish I would of taken a pic.

Seen those labels yesterday, wish I would of taken a pic.
If this has been up till Friday, you may still be in luck. I got it through probably because the whole end cap was Nintendo. I'm just kicking myself for not getting every other possible title. Mario make and smash bros wii u for 25$ would be nice

target is the best for these deals and stacks
So my total today on Nintendo titles for 4 stores were 2 marked incorrectly so my total was $320 worth of Nintendo games(3 wiiu and 3 3ds) for $127.50 including in store sales and stacked the BOGO50%. All the games were manually discounted so the filler game can go back full price. The second location if i had thought about it would have just given me a discount on any of the Nintendo games not just the ones on the display rack with the sign.

In case anyone is interested, MGS V for PS3 is only $17.99 on target.com. In-store price was higher, but customer service matched the online price. Only the PS3 version is cheap, other platforms are 'normal' price.

All I ended up with was a bookshelf and getting shot down by the customer service nazi for trying to PM and get the b1g1 50%. Just means I'll find a better deal soon enough on Halo 5.

I was only able to get 3 Gears of Wars for $2.50. The Targets in my area are crawling with treacherous filt- I mean model employees who are 100% aware of the "no PMing with Cartwheel" rule. This is especially disturbing as a few months ago, those same employees didn't even know what Cartwheel was. And now they're experts. Any exploits are getting shut down dead by employees who are acting like I'm taking money out of their own pocket when I try to stack deals.

Lady at customer service tried getting me to show me my ID, I said why, now I'm not buying any games. People always trying to dox me.

So I was able to pre order a ps4 vr and pretty much get 2 copies of uncharted 4 for free and some. Total was $514 n change[attachment=21230:Screenshot_2016-03-24-18-05-38-1.png]

Ymmv

you lucky bastard... I tried that a litle while back when they had their huge claerance. The day after the big weekend, some genius employee put the cheapo cardboard shelf of Nintendo Wii U and 3ds games on top of a bigass xbox1/ps4 display that said 50% off. Hardass at customer service did not even entertain giving me the 50 Off%, even after she called back and the electonics worker admitted it was indeed right next to the 50% off sign.

bread's done
Back