Target: 4Gb 360 w/ Kinect for $249 plus $50 GC: Effectively $199: Starting 3/25/12

romodome

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I think this is a great deal for the Xbox. I know it should be posted in the Target thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread since it seems to be missing there (THey only reference the $50 GC, not the fact that they ALSO lowerred the price to $249 as well.. The posted the ad in the Slickdeals thread (so the rep goes to SuchaDeal). The regular price on this bundle is $299 on AMazon. Hopefully Amazon price matches.

[quote name='romodome']I think this is a great deal for the Xbox. I know it should be posted in the Target thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread since it seems to be missing there (THey only reference the $50 GC, not the fact that they ALSO lowerred the price to $249 as well.. The posted the ad in the Slickdeals thread (so the rep goes to SuchaDeal). The regular price on this bundle is $299 on AMazon. Hopefully Amazon price matches.[/QUOTE]

Looking at the circular, it says quantities limited / no rain checks, so it sounds like they are clearing out this SKU

Nice. Hope Amazon matches. $250 for 4gb with Kinect using the credit for a 320 gig hard drive... might bite. Or wait for E3? (xbox is occasionally not reading discs, It's old). Decisions.

The Xbox 360 S model is probably going to follow the same pattern as the Xbox 360 Core/Arcade:
Xbox 360 Core with 0 mb of memory ---> Arcade with 256mb of memory ---> Arcade with 512 mb.

Now it is going to probably be:
Xbox 360 S with 4gb ---> S with 8gb ---> S with 16gb ---> S with 32gb.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']The Xbox 360 S model is probably going to follow the same pattern as the Xbox 360 Core/Arcade:
Xbox 360 Core with 0 mb of memory ---> Arcade with 256mb of memory ---> Arcade with 512 mb.

Now it is going to probably be:
Xbox 360 S with 4gb ---> S with 8gb ---> S with 16gb ---> S with 32gb.[/QUOTE]

With the arcades, MS initially short changed itself by not having enough memory to improve the dashboard or handle Xbox live revenue generating features like netflix. 4GB is enough to handle various features and cover a fair number of game saves...anymore than that, and they'll dilute the incentive for folks to buy an overpriced hard drive.

I was at best buy this evening and they had box out showing a new 4GB kinect bundle in glossy white. This is probably why target wants to move these older black bundles.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/28/new-xbox-bundle-packs-white-kinect-white-controller/

I went to Target this morning looking for something else, and saw that they still had one 4G Kinect Bundle with Just Dance 3 and that step counter left. I asked if that was included in the $249 w/$50 gift card deal, and it was.
So I grabbed it for a friend. It's a pretty good deal without Just Dance, this just makes it a little sweeter.

bread's done
Back