Target ad 3/16-23 yoshi 3ds xl with $30gc, Save $20 deal is back!

neonon19s

CAGiversary!
Hey just saw the target ad over at blu-Ray
Video game deals
Yoshi 3ds xl system $199.99
*all 3ds xl come with a $30 gc

Couple of 3ds games at Msrp

Titanfall Xbox one bundle $499.99

4gb Xbox 360 $179.99 w/ $25 gc

Save $20 on
Fifa 14(360/ps3),
GTAV (360/ps3),
COD:ghost(360/ps3),
Lego movie game(ps4/xbone),
Nba2k14(360/ps3),
Assassins Creed Black Flag(360/ps3),
Skylanders Swapforce(Wii)
with $1 reservation cards

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a Ghosts preorder card laying around, the $5 gift card coupon on it combines with the current deal.

Just got Ghosts for 360 & PS3 plus a $5 GC plus two bottles of Gatorade for $32.xx

Better yet save them for when the game drops to $20 and goes on sale further....then use it. That's what I do. I still have about 8 cards left in my glove compartment. They never seem to expire.

Huh? With PM and a new card it's only $10. I mean cheaper would be nice but you are not getting much lower.

DoTD at best buy is NBA 2k14 $34.99. Makes it only $14.99 with that card today at target. Best price I have seen.

Huh? With PM and a new card it's only $10. I mean cheaper would be nice but you are not getting much lower.

DoTD at best buy is NBA 2k14 $34.99. Makes it only $14.99 with that card today at target. Best price I have seen.
Has anyone tried this yet? ^

EDIT: It works. Just bought 2 copies and paid with RedCard. $32.15 out the door.

One copy is going straight to Best Buy for $22 TIV.

ok so this is the first time im doing something like this at target. 

so i go to target and pay a dollar to reverse  watchdog (example)

i get my card  and i get the game i want (CoD or 2k) 

i take them(Game+ Card) to  Guest services and ask to Price match @ the store with the cheapest one (Toyrus for Cod/ BB for  2k)  

and if it goes thru and they take out the 20 bucks i should have my game for  10-14 bucks depending on what i get?

Also  if i get the ps3 version of cod,  will i get the 10 dollar upgrade thing or no i know this week is the last week. (does 2k come with one or no)

ok so this is the first time im doing something like this at target.

so i go to target and pay a dollar to reverse watchdog (example)
i get my card and i get the game i want (CoD or 2k)
i take them(Game+ Card) to Guest services and ask to Price match @ the store with the cheapest one (Toyrus for Cod/ BB for 2k)
and if it goes thru and they take out the 20 bucks i should have my game for 10-14 bucks depending on what i get?

Also if i get the ps3 version of cod, will i get the 10 dollar upgrade thing or no i know this week is the last week. (does 2k come with one or no)
NOOOOOO!!!!!!! You buy the card + game in same transaction. If you do it separately it won't work which sounds like what you were saying.

Asks sales associate to get game you want.
Grab a preorder card.
Say you want to pricematch store x.
They will either do it for you in electronics or take you to customer service.
Either show them price in an ad, on your phone, or they might insist on using their slow ipad.
Once correct pricing shows hand them yhe preorder card. $20 should now come off of the PMed price.
Your total should be: PM price - 20 + 1.

Wow so the $5 GC still does work if you had a ghost preorder card. I got 2 copies for $22 total + $10 GC just now.

Trust me you don't. You really think I would spend $120? I spent $22.xx got 2 copies of ghosts and they still gave me 2 $5 gift cards with the ghosts preorder cards I had from a long time ago . You don't have to buy the game at $60.

Trust me you don't. You really think I would spend $120? I spent $22.xx got 2 copies of ghosts and they still gave me 2 $5 gift cards with the ghosts preorder cards I had from a long time ago . You don't have to buy the game at $60.
You don't understand. The $5 from the pre-order card is only given when you pick up the game within the first week of it being release. Say you brought CoD: Ghost with a Watch Dogs card. You only get the GC when you pick up Watch Dogs the first week. Good luck price matching any deals that week (not likely) and than getting the GC.

No you don't understand. I'm talking about the $1 Ghosts pre-order cards that were out during the Tomb Raider flips last year. Those look identical to the watch dogs but they were for COD Ghosts PS3. If you still have those you can use them when you buy COD Ghosts + $1 preorder card. It will bring your total to $11.xx and they will hand you a $5 gift card. I already did it twice today it works fine. No manager override required. Worked in the system.

It's a shame the promo ends today cuz I still have 6 $1 Ghost cards I'm not gonna use.

EDIT: Also to get the gift card you don't have to pick it up within. 2 weeks. I handed them my $1 ghosts preorder card and they scanned it and it added a $5 gift card. It still works months after release. And the cards work instantly. I used them on the next transaction.

Dude, the free gift card as well as the reserve card expires 7 days from the release date. Have you tried to do this already and got it to work b/c that would make no sense since CoD: Ghost has been out for well over "1 week". 

But hey, you said it works so more power to you.

D3WU5uY.jpg

Yeah I already did it twice today and my buddy did it twice today who was with me too. I handed them the cards they scanned them and handed me a $5 GC.

I just checked the cards and you are right it does say 7 days lol. It still works fine in their system when they scan it. That's odd.

You don't understand. The $5 from the pre-order card is only given when you pick up the game within the first week of it being release. Say you brought CoD: Ghost with a Watch Dogs card. You only get the GC when you pick up Watch Dogs the first week. Good luck price matching any deals that week (not likely) and than getting the GC.
Oh wow you are so wrong. Reread what I said earlier. The machine prompts the gift card months after release regardless of what the fine print says. I still use all the preorder cards I bought to trigger the 30% off two games coupon several months ago.

Oh wow you are so wrong. Reread what I said earlier. The machine prompts the gift card months after release regardless of what the fine print says. I still use all the preorder cards I bought to trigger the 30% off two games coupon several months ago.
Msn1983 has already explained that though the cards say they expire for the reserve and the $5 GC, it doesn't actually expire.

And my comments weren't directed towards you at all but just Msn1983.

[quote name="ThatOneGuyWho" post="11633832" timestamp="1395538959"]

Msn1983 has already explained that though the cards say they expire for the reserve and the $5 GC, it doesn't actually expire.

Understood. Sorry. It seems many didn't know how preorders work at target. They haven't actually held preorders for customers for a long time. Only downside is you dont get the dollar back when you "pick up" and you can easily lose them. Otherwise its great in that it stacks with anything and you use them when you want.

so i tried doing it and they told me new story policy is to not  allow price matches on items that have promotions on them.  i wasnt  in a mood to argue especially after what i did on black friday in a different store so i just went t GS and got 2k14 for ps4.

so i tried doing it and they told me new story policy is to not allow price matches on items that have promotions on them. i wasnt in a mood to argue especially after what i did on black friday in a different store so i just went t GS and got 2k14 for ps4.
When the sales associate as CS was looking up the price on the iPad she kept glancing at the register screen and made a comment about "I might not can price match this because it says something about a possible $20 off offer??"

I figured it was gonna be a no go but then she got it changed and I handed over the 2 preorder cards saying I'd like to purchase them as well. As soon as I saw the right total pop up I swiped quickly before she could try to question my legitimate purchase as I could tell she was skeptical.

[quote name="ThatOneGuyWho" post="11633832" timestamp="1395538959"]

Understood. Sorry. It seems many didn't know how preorders work at target. They haven't actually held preorders for customers for a long time. Only downside is you dont get the dollar back when you "pick up" and you can easily lose them. Otherwise its great in that it stacks with anything and you use them when you want.
I assume it would work as it's suppose to and expire 1 week after it's reserved.

Either way, I'll keep my pre-order cards. I have about 20 saved up somewhere too.

When the sales associate as CS was looking up the price on the iPad she kept glancing at the register screen and made a comment about "I might not can price match this because it says something about a possible $20 off offer??"

I figured it was gonna be a no go but then she got it changed and I handed over the 2 preorder cards saying I'd like to purchase them as well. As soon as I saw the right total pop up I swiped quickly before she could try to question my legitimate purchase as I could tell she was skeptical.
I told myself that I would do this if they even have a slight chance of saying no. Haven't had to do it yet but I know I will eventually.

[quote name="ThatOneGuyWho" post="11633832" timestamp="1395538959"]. Otherwise its great in that it stacks with anything and you use them when you want.
actually this isn't entirely true. It won't stack with a second "target coupon" If that coupon applies to that game/item specifically. (for example the coupons that come in the monthly magazines to a few people) It doesn't happen often but was an issue when the PS4 released and the coupon was for 10% off. People who reserved it had to get overrides to get both thier reserve gift card and the printed one. It's a dumb limitation on the computer itself but it's there. Just a heads up if something like that ever comes around again.

Obviously most things stack with Cartwheel.

actually this isn't entirely true. It won't stack with a second "target coupon" If that coupon applies to that game/item specifically. (for example the coupons that come in the monthly magazines to a few people) It doesn't happen often but was an issue when the PS4 released and the coupon was for 10% off. People who reserved it had to get overrides to get both thier reserve gift card and the printed one. It's a dumb limitation on the computer itself but it's there. Just a heads up if something like that ever comes around again.

Obviously most things stack with Cartwheel.
It does stack with anything(other than another preorder card of course). I have used them with other target coupons in the same transaction so the the one example you gave must've been a special glitch. I have personally stacked it with $5 off $50 target coupon, $10 off $100 target coupon (both of those from the target sale booklet that gets mailed to you), and video game coupon that printed off the Catalina (30% off two video games).

It does not fall under the one target coupon per item restriction because it is not really a coupon in that sense (because it both has a SKU and you had to buy it). Now in the case of the 30% coupon the cashier tried to deny me for the reason you stated. I told her to scan the card and try since I already paid for the preorder card deal. Worked in the register no problem as expected and got the $5 gift card.

Random-i should say that I dont remember if I had 3 video games in that transaction so it is possible that the 30% off two applied to two games and the preorder card to the third. Possible, though not likely since I was buying all my games in pairs to utilize all 4 30% off coupons I had amassed.

bread's done
Back