Target ad 9/11-9/17

chatgirl4

Banned
Star Wars (br) box sets $39.99 I-III or IV-VI
Complete Saga $79.99

**Free 8 pack lithograph set with purchase of complete saga**

Barbie Princess charm school (dvd) $12.99

**Free $5 gift card with purchase of Barbie Princess charm school DVD & Barbie charm school doll ($21.99)

Thor (dvd) $17.99 (br) + (dvd) + (dc) $24.99 3D + (dc) $27.99

Grey's Anatomy season 7 (dvd) $34.99

The big bang theory season 4 (dvd) $27.99 (br) $34.99

Supernatural season 6 (dvd) $37.99 (br) $42.99

Glee season 2 (dvd) $36.99 (br) $42.99

Glee season 2 volume 2 (dvd) $24.99

It's always sunny in philadelphia season 6 (dvd) $24.99 (br) $29.99

**Target exclusive Q&A with DVD purchase of big bang theory, supernatural & glee box sets**

Credit to SAP12690 @ blu-ray.com

Yeah....Amazon should match the price for the saga. I heard about all the changes to the original trilogy so I'm going to wait. Hopefully, Lucas will release the original trilogy without all the special edition edits on BD like he did on DVD. I can wait until he does.

Guess I'm getting the Star Wars Blu-Rays at Target. With my discount it will come to 71.99 for the Complete Saga and the free lithographs are a nice bonus.

[quote name='skiizim']I sure hope Amazon matches the price for the complete saga.[/QUOTE]

I am not waiting. I canned my Amazon order. This is $10 cheaper and includes the free lithographs.

My Target card knocks 5% off so it's close to tax free.

I think this is a good enough deal to make me jump ship from my Amazon pre-order. Gonna wait and see if any other stores have as good of a deal as Target before I go through with it though

Here's a small preview of the lithos images. Doesn't really say anything about size, but considering there are 8 of them and it's a free bonus, I imagine they're postcard sized.

lithosw.jpg

I apologize if posting that is not allowed. Please feel free to delete the post if it is.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']Yeah....Amazon should match the price for the saga. I heard about all the changes to the original trilogy so I'm going to wait. Hopefully, Lucas will release the original trilogy without all the special edition edits on BD like he did on DVD. I can wait until he does.[/QUOTE]

Like he did on DVD? You mean non-anamorphic, in the middle of the screen with huge black bars on all sides, in less-than-VHS quality?

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath.

That being said, I'm still torn on whether to get the complete saga set now, or hold out for a better deal to turn up. For some reason, my Amazon pre-order still has a delivery estimate of September 27th on it, so even if they do match Target's price, I may cancel and get it from Target anyway.

Also, damn, I was really hoping that Thor would be cheaper. I want it, but I don't think I can justify more than $20 for it (and even that would be pushing it).

[quote name='arcane93']Like he did on DVD? You mean non-anamorphic, in the middle of the screen with huge black bars on all sides, in less-than-VHS quality?[/QUOTE]

I hate defending anything that Lucas does, but the DVD release was a rip of the THX certified laserdiscs. Not great, but certainly better than VHS quality.

[quote name='arcane93']Like he did on DVD? You mean non-anamorphic, in the middle of the screen with huge black bars on all sides, in less-than-VHS quality?[/QUOTE]

While obviously not what I meant....sure. I would take lower quality of a movie in its original form over a beautifully remastered version with a bunch of 1990s era CG and choppy edits to force in unnecessary content. That's just me though.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I hate defending anything that Lucas does, but the DVD release was a rip of the THX certified laserdiscs. Not great, but certainly better than VHS quality.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, looked like shit on my TV. Then again, I might have just been too pissed at the fact that the picture was a tiny box in the center of a black screen to even be able to see clearly at that moment.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']While obviously not what I meant....sure. I would take lower quality of a movie in its original form over a beautifully remastered version with a bunch of 1990s era CG and choppy edits to force in unnecessary content. That's just me though.[/QUOTE]

Point is, it isn't going to happen. He's not going to do it, so everyone waiting for it might as well let go of that pipe dream now. Maybe we'll see it when he's dead, and the rights get transferred to someone who doesn't have an "artistic vision" or whatever the hell for it. If you're willing to take the lower quality, just get the DVDs and be done with it. There would be absolutely no point in releasing that transfer on blu-ray, and we're not going to see a better one.

[quote name='arcane93']Also, damn, I was really hoping that Thor would be cheaper. I want it, but I don't think I can justify more than $20 for it (and even that would be pushing it).[/QUOTE]Multiple reviews I've read about the 3D version of Thor has said that it's pretty bad, since it was a 2D to 3D migration and not natively shot in 3D. That dropped my wish for the 3D version, so I pre-ordered the BB exclusive BD / DVD / DC combo pack version with its alternate packaging. That's still $22.99 on BB.com.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Thor+-+....p?id=2242920&skuId=3103247&st=thor&lp=1&cp=1

[quote name='shrike4242']Multiple reviews I've read about the 3D version of Thor has said that it's pretty bad, since it was a 2D to 3D migration and not natively shot in 3D.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, I actually knew that (now that I think about it, saw it in 2D in the theater because of that), but I had totally forgotten. Thanks for reminding me.

There's so much coming out this month that I'll probably just wait for a price drop on it somewhere down the road.

in for star wars (episodes 4-6) as for the digital remastered versions i don't mind, not a huge star wars nerd here so it doesn't bother me, i still really enjoy the movies.

Will you still enjoy them? Have you seen the changes? Are you aware of how jacked up the colors an sounds/voices are? Seriously, these are not BD quality releases. The HD preservations you can find online are the original movies and they look and sound great too.

[quote name='xhonzi']Will you still enjoy them? Have you seen the changes? Are you aware of how jacked up the colors an sounds/voices are? Seriously, these are not BD quality releases. The HD preservations you can find online are the original movies and they look and sound great too.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you've read legitimate reviews, and not random comments from butthurt fans about changes that have been made, so could you please link these reviews? I may cancel my preorder depending on what they say.

[quote name='opterasis']I'm assuming you've read legitimate reviews, and not random comments from butthurt fans about changes that have been made, so could you please link these reviews? I may cancel my preorder depending on what they say.[/QUOTE]

I like that term... 'butthurt fans' - it pretty much sums them up.

People have the BD rips, you can see lots of clips on YouTube. I'll go see what I can find, but I think it's obvious that the sound (especially the voices) levels are all over the place and every other line of dialogue sounds like it's from a different take. They said they fixed the lightsabres, but they only did it in a couple of shots. More pink lightsabres for the win, I guess. I'm not that picky, but i find that to be terribly distracting. Far from the 'blu ray' experience everyone is expecting.

[quote name='xhonzi']People have the BD rips, you can see lots of clips on YouTube. I'll go see what I can find, but I think it's obvious that the sound (especially the voices) levels are all over the place and every other line of dialogue sounds like it's from a different take. They said they fixed the lightsabres, but they only did it in a couple of shots. More pink lightsabres for the win, I guess. I'm not that picky, but i find that to be terribly distracting. Far from the 'blu ray' experience everyone is expecting.[/QUOTE]

Yep, potentially real, leaked, youtube videos are representative of the final product. The clips couldn't possibly be bullshit, or from an HD broadcast, or badly ripped.

I think I'll wait for an actual review, thanks.

[quote name='xhonzi']Will you still enjoy them? Have you seen the changes? Are you aware of how jacked up the colors an sounds/voices are? Seriously, these are not BD quality releases. The HD preservations you can find online are the original movies and they look and sound great too.[/QUOTE]
Yes i will, like i said im not a star wars nerd, this stuff doesn't bother me and im not a AV geek, i don't have to have everything on blu-ray or everything in 100% original format.

Only reason im picking these up is because i lost my dvds and want to see what it's like on BR.

I could care less if it has added creatures, sounds etc. Makes the movie better IMO.

[quote name='styl3s']
I could care less if it has added creatures, sounds etc. Makes the movie better IMO.[/QUOTE]

What you mean is that you could not care less. If you could care less, then you do care some, which is a pointless thing to say. Then again, since you actually say you like the changes, even 'couldn't care less wouldn't mesh with your following sentence.

[quote name='eastx']What you mean is that you could not care less. If you could care less, then you do care some, which is a pointless thing to say. Then again, since you actually say you like the changes, even 'couldn't care less wouldn't mesh with your following sentence.[/QUOTE]
I could care less about your post.

I got lucky this morning and the Thor 3D sets were in the wrong spot at Target.
I didn't make a fuss, nor would I have if they had said no but they let me snag Thor 3D for $25. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back