Target Ad 9/23 - 9/29

Mikerocosms

CAGiversary!
New Releases coming out Tuesday, September 25, 2012:
Marvel's The Avengers:

• DVD - $16.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $19.99 *Target exclusive includes bonus disc "Marvel Studios: Building a Cinematic Universe"*
  • Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack + Complete Album Digital Music Download (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy) - $24.99 *Target exclusive includes bonus disc "Marvel Studios: Building a Cinematic Universe"*
Bond 50 22-Film Collection:

• DVD - $115.99
  • Blu-ray - $169.99
American Horror Story: The Complete First Season:

• DVD - $24.99 *Target exclusive includes Q&A*
  • Blu-ray - $29.99 *Target exclusive includes Q&A*
Family Guy: Volume Ten:

• DVD - $26.99
NOTE: Reposting of any part of this article requires a link back to the original article.
$7.99 DVD:

• The Goonies
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid
  • The Last Song
  • Austin Powers 3-Film Collection
  • more in-store
$10.00 DVD:

• Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
  • The Smurfs
  • Jack and Jill
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • more in-store
$9.99 - $14.99 DVD / $14.99 - $22.99 Blu-ray:

• Thor
  • Iron Man 2
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • more in-store
TV on DVD:

• Teen Wolf: Season 1 - $12.99
  • Hatfields & McCoys - $22.99
  • Two and a Half Men: Season 9 - $24.99
  • Revenge: Season 1 - $29.99
  • more in-store

Thanks to Annie Chu!

M

[quote name='Woodlands']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9996965&postcount=40

If this price-adjustment turns out to be true, then you can buy the Target version, never return for your Pre-order at Best Buy, and it'll still be cheaper than if you followed through with your pre-order.

That's my plan. $7.50 for the Steelbook preorder, $20.00 at Target for the 4 disc & Documentary = $27.50 total. It'd be $30 total to go back to Best Buy for the pre-order.[/QUOTE]

FYI, I have "returned" a pre-order before and it went fine. If Best Buy does not PM TARGET, I will just return my Pre-Order (I think). I have a $10 RZ cert that expires on 9/30, so I wanted to get at Best Buy. I have the physical Target ad and the $19.99 online ad. I hope they at least PM one of them.

Glad I checked this thread early this morning.
Ran up to my local Target just now at opening and they only had 2 of the 3D BluRay Avengers out on the display.
Whats funny is that they were having their morning meeting right there in front of the display. I had to wade through about 20 redshirts to get to the movie.

Rang up 19.99, no problems.

Yep, I got it too, no problems. They had a lot of them on the display when I got there but there were people lined up outside when the doors opened and they were going pretty quick. I'd go now if you can.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Sweet deal ! Picked up my $20 copy of Avengers 3D blu , very happy :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Got there at around 9:30 today and the store had roughly 15-30 copies. They crossed off the "digital" word in the 19.99 sku so i thought maybe the 24.99 3d sku wouldn't be 19.99 but it did ring up for $19.99 anyways.

Went early thinking they would only have a limited number. Wow, was I wrong. Endcap in electronics had around 8 spots for the 3D version. Get up front to checkout and another endcap just for Avengers was half 3D.

Came in 5 min after they opened and was the 4th person in line to get one (they had to pull it out from the back. They didnt even know about the deal until they scanned it). Rang up $19.99, paid $19.50 cause of my employee discount.

Here in SoCal got there about 8:30 and they had about 25-30 copies. I think if you get there in the next few hours you should be good. It had the bonus disc and scanned at $19.99 with no problems.

The Target on Taylor Street in Houston, Texas is sold out of the 3D combo. All 30 + copies are reserved and they aren't doing rain checks, had to drive out to the Memorial City Mall location for it, they have about 20 + at that store.

Damn...I just got home from Best Buy, picked up my pre-order 2-disc BR of avengers, and the BR of American Horror Story, just to find out now that not only do they each have Target-exclusive content, but that Avengers is a better deal since I can get 3D for the same price? Lame.

Might just buy the 3D from Target, even though I don't have a 3D TV, and sell the sealed 2-disc BR to a friend for $15.

P.S. If anyone picked up American Horror Story at Target, could you tell me if the Q&A bonus disc is significant? I mean, if it's a 5-10 minute thing, I'll skip on the drive to swap...

After being burned in the past about 3D Blu Rays (Tangled, Lion King, Beauty and Beast, John Carter) being out of stock the same day as release with Target, I called ahead and reserved one. They only got in a handful of copies so I am planning to pick up this evening. I checked the in-store located for my state, WI, and noticing some stores going to limited or no stock already.

[quote name='GreyFox787']P.S. If anyone picked up American Horror Story at Target, could you tell me if the Q&A bonus disc is significant? I mean, if it's a 5-10 minute thing, I'll skip on the drive to swap...[/QUOTE]

It's a 65 min Q&A from the Paleyfest earlier this year. It's a really good bonus.

The Target in Elk Grove near Calvine has tons, and when I went in they didn't even have signs up yet. A girl walked by holding them and looked at the display so I asked her to confirm the price, then grabbed one for me and one for my roommate. Basically, nobody was there early or seemed to have a clue about the price.

[quote name='dakuecker']After being burned in the past about 3D Blu Rays (Tangled, Lion King, Beauty and Beast, John Carter) being out of stock the same day as release with Target, I called ahead and reserved one. They only got in a handful of copies so I am planning to pick up this evening. I checked the in-store located for my state, WI, and noticing some stores going to limited or no stock already.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think Target's stock of the 3D version would run out so quickly but both Target's by me are completely sold out of the 4 disc version but had tons of the 2 disc version. Is it possible they're holding some back to sell next week because of the misprint? Why would they order so few of them? I wasn't planning on picking it up at Target because I already had it pre-ordered from Deep Discount for $23 shipped and after tax at Target it would be practically the same price but now I kind of want the bonus disc. A friend of mine will be checking a Target that's a bit far from me and I guess I'll be a little bummed if they don't have it either. How quickly does Target replenish stuff like this?

[quote name='samusaran226']I didn't think Target's stock of the 3D version would run out so quickly but both Target's by me are completely sold out of the 4 disc version but had tons of the 2 disc version. Is it possible they're holding some back to sell next week because of the misprint? Why would they order so few of them? I wasn't planning on picking it up at Target because I already had it pre-ordered from Deep Discount for $23 shipped and after tax at Target it would be practically the same price but now I kind of want the bonus disc. A friend of mine will be checking a Target that's a bit far from me and I guess I'll be a little bummed if they don't have it either. How quickly does Target replenish stuff like this?[/QUOTE]

I work at Target and I think the reason they don't carry a lot of 3D titles, and order more, is because not many people own 3D players and TV's. This isn't a technology that is in every home and will take a while to be prominent.

[quote name='outcastjon']I work at Target and I think the reason they don't carry a lot of 3D titles, and order more, is because not many people own 3D players and TV's. This isn't a technology that is in every home and will take a while to be prominent.[/QUOTE]

It makes sense and I thought of that but at the same time, since the reason they order so few is that so few people have 3DTV's I thought the 3D version wouldn't sell out so quickly. But I guess when the 4 disc set cost the same exact price as the the 2 disc set, everyone would naturally flock to that. Any chance of seeing the 4 disc version in stores before the week (and 19.99 price) is over?? Maybe I'll pick up the 2 disc set, keep the bonus disc, and sell the rest on ebay and hopefully at least break even.

My local Target was sold out of the 3D version sadly. Since I have a 3D tv I wanted this version but I'm sure everyone bought it because it was the same price. Got a raincheck and hope to pick it up later this week, otherwise ill grab a copy from BB but I really wanted the extra content :(

[quote name='Snowball21']Did anyone catch the price of Harry Potter Ultimate Collection Year 7? I see that they are popping up on eBay today.[/QUOTE]

I scanned it since they didn't have a price tag for it. It came up $49.99.

For anyone that was able to pick up the 4-disc Avengers set at Target was the extra 90 minutes worth picking up? I'm thinking if I can't find it for a good price I will just hold off till black Friday.

bread's done
Back