Glee Encore - 14.99

The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Hunt To Kill
No Country For Old Men
Role Models
all 7.99

Credit to both SAP12690 & D Head from blu-ray.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, The Office, Community, and Parks and Rec come out on the 6th and they're not mentioned in the ad?

[quote name='Trakan']Hmm, The Office, Community, and Parks and Rec come out on the 6th and they're not mentioned in the ad?[/QUOTE]It's coming from Blu-Ray.com and they tend not to mention the DVD TV releases in their thread posting.

Someone else should have the info, and I'd be surprised if they weren't in the ad.

[quote name='Trakan']Hmm, The Office, Community, and Parks and Rec come out on the 6th and they're not mentioned in the ad?[/QUOTE]

Do those even come out on blu ray?

[quote name='Capocci 007']43 for fringe on dvd? an absolute ripoff for a below average fox show...[/QUOTE]

Wow, not sure if you're basing that opinion on just season 1, but as of the end of season 3, Fringe is a ridiculously good show with an awesome underlying "mythology" story.

X-men first class was a great movie, I will buy it for sure if target has the exclusive bluray&DVD combo.:bouncy:

[quote name='Easystride']Hoping for a deal on Community season 1 to go along with the release of S2. I really regret selling it off.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if there will be a deal on it, but Target's site lists it for $16.99 right now and says store price (in-store only).

http://www.target.com/p/The-Community-The-Complete-First-Season-3-Discs-Widescreen/-/A-12853998

Best Buy, Amazon, and Wal-Mart have season 2 listed as $19.99 right now too; if there isn't a deal then about $40 for 2 seasons still seems good.

[quote name='DK745']Not sure if there will be a deal on it, but Target's site lists it for $16.99 right now and says store price (in-store only).

http://www.target.com/p/The-Community-The-Complete-First-Season-3-Discs-Widescreen/-/A-12853998

Best Buy, Amazon, and Wal-Mart have season 2 listed as $19.99 right now too; if there isn't a deal then about $40 for 2 seasons still seems good.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Thanks, thats about the price I was looking for. Last i saw, it was $23 on amazon.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Not sure what that had to do with his point...[/QUOTE]

Wow... :dunce::headache:#-o

This is only for blu-rays, there are no DVD deals listed yet. So if the person is looking for a blu-ray of a deal on a show that doesn't on blu-ray then he/she will be disappointed.

[quote name='Easystride']Nice! Thanks, thats about the price I was looking for. Last i saw, it was $23 on amazon.[/QUOTE]

The source OP mentions has the rest of the DVD deals up now. Community Season 2 is $29.99 and no deal when buying Season 1. So I'd buy Season 1 now and pre-order 2 while it's still $19.99.

$42 for fringe? $22 for x-men? yuck, especially at that fringe price.

i will hold out on fringe and get it for $20-24 like i did the other seasons.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Wow... :dunce::headache:#-o

This is only for blu-rays, there are no DVD deals listed yet. So if the person is looking for a blu-ray of a deal on a show that doesn't on blu-ray then he/she will be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Well, The Office is on Blu, so it still doesn't make sense.

[quote name='styl3s']$42 for fringe? $22 for x-men? yuck, especially at that fringe price.

i will hold out on fringe and get it for $20-24 like i did the other seasons.[/QUOTE]$22 for X-men is the BD/DVD/DC Target exclusive.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Wow... :dunce::headache:#-o

This is only for blu-rays, there are no DVD deals listed yet. So if the person is looking for a blu-ray of a deal on a show that doesn't on blu-ray then he/she will be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Nowhere does the OP or title say "Blu-ray only deals from Target ad". This is a general Target ad thread, correct? I know the original source only listed blus but I don't see anything wrong with asking whether those shows (on DVD) are listed in the ad in this thread. Questioning whether those shows are on Blu really isn't answering his question

[quote name='Trakan']Hmm, The Office, Community, and Parks and Rec come out on the 6th and they're not mentioned in the ad?[/QUOTE]

I see the Blu release for The Office listed. Annoying that Parks & Rec isn't released on Blu.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I see the Blu release for The Office listed. Annoying that Parks & Rec isn't released on Blu.[/QUOTE]

The OP was edited since my post.

Glad to see Target has The Office Blu a few bucks cheaper than Amazon and BB. Now for Amazon to PM.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I see the Blu release for The Office listed. Annoying that Parks & Rec isn't released on Blu.[/QUOTE]
I'm done buying NBC/Universal/Comcast TV shows on DVD. They seem to hate releasing shows on Blu, and I'm done enabling them. They have a ton of great TV shows, which I watch in HD when they air, and I want to buy in HD when they're released for home media.

[quote name='Keen314']I'm done buying NBC/Universal/Comcast TV shows on DVD. They seem to hate releasing shows on Blu, and I'm done enabling them. They have a ton of great TV shows, which I watch in HD when they air, and I want to buy in HD when they're released for home media.[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that. Its annoying when shows like Friday Night Lights would really benefit from being on Blu but instead Universal continues to give them DVD only treatment. Hopefully however if FNL comes to Blu that Universal will spend a little extra to retain the few songs they've had to cut out of some episodes on DVD release.

[quote name='Keen314']I'm done buying NBC/Universal/Comcast TV shows on DVD. They seem to hate releasing shows on Blu, and I'm done enabling them. They have a ton of great TV shows, which I watch in HD when they air, and I want to buy in HD when they're released for home media.[/QUOTE]
They hate releasing? they no longer release certain shows on blu-ray, shows that don't sell well on BR but sell incredibly well on DVD, just like USA with burn notice, show did terrible BR sells so they stuck with DVD.

And boycotting the product won't help, they will always release it on dvd, boycotting blu's will just show them they should stick with dvd.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I hear you on that. Its annoying when shows like Friday Night Lights would really benefit from being on Blu but instead Universal continues to give them DVD only treatment. Hopefully however if FNL comes to Blu that Universal will spend a little extra to retain the few songs they've had to cut out of some episodes on DVD release.[/QUOTE]

You read my mind. I would do just about anything for a blu-ray release of the Friday Night Lights seasons with proper music. However, when it comes to a comedy like Community, DVD is fine for me. Still, I would like to see them release blu-rays for those titles anyways.

OT topic but, where do you find the full target ad early?

I'm interested in a tablet purchase, a few weeks ago Target ran a Acer Iconia with $100 GC. I'd like to get the heads up on such a deal again so yeah, I see the video game deals and Blu Ray deals posted on the interweb, but never the full circular....

[quote name='styl3s']And boycotting the product won't help, they will always release it on dvd, boycotting blu's will just show them they should stick with dvd.[/QUOTE]
What? I'm not boycotting blus. Reread what I posted, I'm done buying DVDs from them.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Nowhere does the OP or title say "Blu-ray only deals from Target ad". This is a general Target ad thread, correct? I know the original source only listed blus but I don't see anything wrong with asking whether those shows (on DVD) are listed in the ad in this thread. Questioning whether those shows are on Blu really isn't answering his question[/QUOTE]

Maybe the hint is in the fact the OP says he got the info from two people on a site called blu-ray.com

[quote name='styl3s']They hate releasing? they no longer release certain shows on blu-ray, shows that don't sell well on BR but sell incredibly well on DVD, just like USA with burn notice, show did terrible BR sells so they stuck with DVD.
[/QUOTE]

"Man, is this disappointing to say, but the second season of Burn Notice is one of the most problem filled Blu-ray presentations I have ever seen."

Taken from the HighDefDigest review of season 2 on blu ray. I'm sure this had nothing to do with how poorly it sold..

bread's done
Back