Target automatically took $15 off both games I bought today (YMMV?)

Snake Eater

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I went to Target today (got back an hour ago) for the buy a game $39.99 and up and receive $15 GC. I walked up with Kid Icarus and Kingdom Hearts for 3DS and the guy said they were experiencing tech problems with the system not recognizing the deal so they were going to honor the deal. The guy scanned the $1 pre order card for each game and gave me $15 off both games, $30 off total.

Walked out with Kid Icarus, Kingdom Heats DDD, 2 pre order cards for $52 plus tax.

Look here, I understand you were only trying to help out...but read one of the major thread whenever posting a deal to a major retail store.

My bad, read the $15 off as gift cards.

[quote name='Snake Eater']I went to Target today (got back an hour ago) for the buy a game $39.99 and up and receive $15 GC. I walked up with Kid Icarus and Kingdom Hearts for 3DS and the guy said they were experiencing tech problems with the system not recognizing the deal so they were going to honor the deal. The guy scanned the $1 pre order card for each game and gave me $15 off both games, $30 off total.

Walked out with Kid Icarus, Kingdom Heats DDD, 2 pre order cards for $52 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

Incredibly YMMV...

[quote name='RealDeals']Incredibly YMMV...[/QUOTE]

I'll add that to the thread title

they just took $15 off both games, no gift cards

Yep, I'll second to that. That happened to me as well in SJ CA.

Purchased NCAA and a Hitman preorder, and he just took off $15 from the game.

[quote name='TooPoor']Even with this....is there anything worth getting now?[/QUOTE]

If you don't have a 3DS and plan on getting one it's a great opportunity because the games are $39.99 and the first party Nintendo titles almost never go on sale (NSMB DS, Mario Kart DS, M&L Bowser are all STILL $34.99!!)

[quote name='Snake Eater']If you don't have a 3DS and plan on getting one it's a great opportunity because the games are $39.99 and the first party Nintendo titles almost never go on sale (NSMB DS, Mario Kart DS, M&L Bowser are all STILL $34.99!!)[/QUOTE]
Cool thanks a lot for the info. I personally don't have a 3DS but do have plenty of people I could gift 3DS games to. Hope I could get this glitch too...

Target is having a deal where if you buy a game priced $39.99 or higher and pre-order another game on the same ticket, you get a $15 gc. So, not a glitch.

[quote name='AsherFischell']Target is having a deal where if you buy a game priced $39.99 or higher and pre-order another game on the same ticket, you get a $15 gc. So, not a glitch.[/QUOTE]

He didn't get a gift card, just 15 off the game.

Forza 4 could be had for 26+ tax new, which is a really good deal.

Wish this deal lasted a few more days so I could of got in on Sleeping Dogs.

[quote name='AsherFischell']Target is having a deal where if you buy a game priced $39.99 or higher and pre-order another game on the same ticket, you get a $15 gc. So, not a glitch.[/QUOTE]

But they didn't give him the $15 GC, they took it off his games automatically, so he got $30 off the games he bought. YMMV though

I'm pretty sure this is how the deal worked for most because for whatever reason the target POS system isn't recognizing the deal; when they scan the game ($39.99 or more) and then scan the preorder card it isn't prompting for the $15 Gift Card to be comped out.

So at that point 1 of 2 things is happening:

1) The associate is just subratracting the value of the gift card from the price of the game (i.e. $39.99 game would now be either $24.99 or $25.99 if they count the $1 for the preorder

2) They are charging for the value of the Gift Card and then entering a "$15 store coupon" into the receipt so it'd look like you paid $39.99 for the game, $1 for the preorder, $15 for the gift Card (So ~ $56) and then they are entering the "$15 store coupon as a instant savings so your total goes back to $41 and you get to keep the $15 GC

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm pretty sure this is how the deal worked for most because for whatever reason the target POS system isn't recognizing the deal; when they scan the game ($39.99 or more) and then scan the preorder card it isn't prompting for the $15 Gift Card to be comped out.

So at that point 1 of 2 things is happening:

1) The associate is just subratracting the value of the gift card from the price of the game (i.e. $39.99 game would now be either $24.99 or $25.99 if they count the $1 for the preorder

2) They are charging for the value of the Gift Card and then entering a "$15 store coupon" into the receipt so it'd look like you paid $39.99 for the game, $1 for the preorder, $15 for the gift Card (So ~ $56) and then they are entering the "$15 store coupon as a instant savings so your total goes back to $41 and you get to keep the $15 GC[/QUOTE]

however they are doing it, it's still $15 off any game 39.99 or up which is a lot better then the intended deal of pay full price and get a $15 GC.

So a little OT but do people know for sure that Target B&M will be carrying Persona 4 Arena?

And also do all first prints include the soundtrack?

[quote name='Snake Eater']however they are doing it, it's still $15 off any game 39.99 or up which is a lot better then the intended deal of pay full price and get a $15 GC.[/QUOTE]

If you ever plan on shopping at Target again then you're only saving the price of tax on $15. Still nice but not enough to make anything that wasn't a good deal before into one.

Thanks for the heads up!!!!
hupjksfds

[quote name='PenguinMaster']If you ever plan on shopping at Target again then you're only saving the price of tax on $15. Still nice but not enough to make anything that wasn't a good deal before into one.[/QUOTE]

Not true.

The deal as it was intended caused you to spend $40.99 and you would get a value of $55.99 (39.99+15+1). This equals a 26.5% discount.

The deal as it is now working allows you to spend $25.99 and get a value of $40.99. This equals a 36.5% discount.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']Not true.

The deal as it was intended caused you to spend $40.99 and you would get a value of $55.99 (39.99+15+1). This equals a 26.5% discount.

The deal as it is now working allows you to spend $25.99 and get a value of $40.99. This equals a 36.5% discount.[/QUOTE]

exactly, and on Nintendo first party 3DS titles that never go on sale, it's an awesome deal

Only the DS/3DS games are the ones that don't ring up right, according to the guy when I went yesterday. Either way this is a good deal - I'm using my $15 GC on the BLands2 pre-order that I placed. Stack that with the Redcard's 5% and the $5 gift card I get when I pick up Blands 2, and this is a pretty great deal, like getting Blands for 39 automatically.

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']Gift card only for me, they must have fixed it today. I did 3DS game & preorder.[/QUOTE]

so you paid full price for the 3DS game then got a $15 GC? If so they fixed it because that's the original deal

Yeah, I went into my local Target today in Outer Loop, Louisville, KY.. and the deal with the gift card went through alright. I was picking up Lumines Electronic Symphony on the Vita and pre-ordered Hitman Absolution. I was actually upset with it so I returned everything. Lol

Glad I did because I found Lumines new on eBay for $27 shipped. I gave Target a chance... Was really hoping they would just subtract $15 from the game.

My experience at Target is that they would only charge you 24.99 and add the $15 giftcard as a charge on the receipt. So you only wind up paying for 24.99 worth of tax. This is so that if you ever return the game they will only give you back the 24.99 and "force" you to keep the gift card, unless you return the gift card with the game with the full amount on it

[quote name='PhoenixAZ']Not true.

The deal as it is now working allows you to spend $25.99 and get a value of $40.99. This equals a 36.5% discount.[/QUOTE]

But if you buy anything at Target again you would use up that $15, regardless of when you spend it. The percentage is irrelevant, it's always a $15 total discount.

Here's an example: You do this deal and then a few weeks later you buy a game on sale for $15 (it's a good price so you would buy it whether you have a gift card or not). Total spent with the glitch: $40.99, total spent without the glitch: $40.99.

Plus if you buy multiple games with this gift card deal if you do multiple transactions you can use the gift cards from earlier transactions on the later transactions. So no matter how many games you buy you'd only end up stuck with a $15 gift card at the end.

bread's done
Back