Target & Best Buy DVD/Blu-Ray Ads (10/4 - 10/10)

JJSP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Back from the midwest, and it appears we've gotten lazy about posting the movie deals. I'll try and cover these as often as I can, generally Saturday morning at the latest.

TARGET

New Releases - Available 10/6

Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs - Blu/DVD Combo - $24.99
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs - Plush Gift Set - $46.99 (includes 7 plush dolls)
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs - Book Gift Set - $36.99 (includes storybook)

Dance Flick (DVD) - $13.99
My LIfe In Ruins - $15.99 DVD/$25.99 Blu
Year One (Blu) - $26.99
Bones S4 - $36.99 DVD/$42.99 Blu
Nip Tuck S5.2 (DVD) - $24.99
The Hills S5.1 (DVD) - $16.99
Ally McBeal S1 (DVD) - $24.99
Ally McBeal Complete Series (DVD) - $99.99
--

Bullitt (Blu) - $9.99
2010 (Blu) - $14.99
300 (Blu) - $19.99
The Dark Knight (Blu) - $19.99

BEST BUY

New Releases - Available 10/6

Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs - DVD/Blu Combo - $24.99
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs - Plush Gift Set - $54.99
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs - Book Gift Set - $39.99
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs - Super Duper Gift Set - $149.99 (includes DVD/Blu, Storybook, Collectible Pins, Art Sketches, and more in hardcover box)

Year One - Low Price DVD/$26.99 Blu
My Life In Ruins - $19.99 DVD/$26.99 Blu
Nip Tuck S5.2 - $26.99 DVD
Bones S4 - $39.99 DVD/$48.99 Blu
Ally McBeal S1 - $29.99 DVD

Ghost House Underground Films - 2 for $35/4 for $60 Blu/2 for $25/4 for $40 DVD
The Children
Seventh Moon
The Thaw
Offspring
--

Blu Sale!
$17.99
The Dark Knight
Watchmen Directors Cut
Gran Torino
Observe & Report
Harry Potter & The _________ (all titles)

$19.99
Superbad
Pineapple Express
Stepbrothers
Gladiator
Benjamin Button
Braveheart

$24.99
State Of Play
Duplicity
Coraline
Last House On The Left Unrated
Fast & Furious 2009

$23.99
Wolverine Origins

Monsters & Aliens/Bob's Big Break DVD 2pack - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops - missed a section on the front page for the Blu sale. Will add to the OP.

$17.99
The Dark Knight
Watchmen Directors Cut
Gran Torino
Observe & Report
Harry Potter & The _________ (all titles)

hmmm i bought Observe & Report at 26.99 less than two weeks ago... maybe rebuy and return with old receipt.

Odd that Target is advertising Bullitt :br: at $10.

It's been on a TPC for 2+ weeks now, and Target normally doesn't advertise TPCs.

Also, Bullitt has been HTF ever since it hit the $10 TPC price, and Heston's 'The Omega Man' :br: is also a $10 TPC title.

[quote name='manthing']Odd that Target is advertising Bullitt :br: at $10.

It's been on a TPC for 2+ weeks now, and Target normally doesn't advertise TPCs.

Also, Bullitt has been HTF ever since it hit the $10 TPC price, and Heston's 'The Omega Man' :br: is also a $10 TPC title.[/QUOTE]

Man I wish I knew what all these acronyms stand for! :roll:

lol

[quote name='manthing']Odd that Target is advertising Bullitt :br: at $10.

Also, Bullitt has been HTF ever since it hit the $10 TPC price, and Heston's 'The Omega Man' :br: is also a $10 TPC title.[/QUOTE]

So has the Dark Knight. I almost picked up the mask version today for $19.99 actually.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You can't get a DVD-only version of Snow White? WTF?[/QUOTE]Not yet. Supposed to be coming on November 24th.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If Amazon matches these prices on the blus I'll be picking a few up. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

BB is having this thing where you buy any version of Snow White and one select Disney Blu-Ray title (Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio, Chicken Little, Enchanted, and Meet the Robinsons) and you get a $15 gift card.

So I'm wondering if you can do that deal and get the additional $10 off for Snow White Blu from the Disney website.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Awesome, thank ye. I have a PS3 but I'm a cheap bastard and don't buy Blu-Rays.[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us has the Blu-Ray for $19.99. Combine that with the $10 off coupon brings it down to $9.99. That's a major Win Win Win there.

Anyone know if Target's Price match policy includes post purchase matching? I picked up a copy today because this was the first time I'd ever seen one with a pristine slipcover

[quote name='lolwut?']Anyone know if Target's Price match policy includes post purchase matching? I picked up a copy today because this was the first time I'd ever seen one with a pristine slipcover[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I think it's only at the time of purchase.

Couldn't you purchase it again and PM and then just return the unopened DVD with the other receipt?

You're not doing anything bad because you're just trying to recover your money and the retailer is getting the product back.

[quote name='xbox_mole']I don't think so. I think it's only at the time of purchase.

Couldn't you purchase it again and PM and then just return the unopened DVD with the other receipt?

You're not doing anything bad because you're just trying to recover your money and the retailer is getting the product back.[/QUOTE]

That's what I plan to do if their policy doesn't work that way.

Sweet, I was waiting for Observe & Report sub $20 on blu. Looks like I'll have a second stop this morning on my Starbucks run.

[quote name='lolwut?']Braveheart for $20? I think I'll be picking that one up...

Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about the $10 rebate if you already own Braveheart on DVD. So, technically Braveheart would only cost $10 once it's all said and done.

My local Walmart ad has Transformers 2 blu ray for 19.96, and also shows blu ray "selected titles" for 19.96, and pictures xmen origins: wolverine, monsters vs. aliens, and Snow White

Not sure if walmart ads are the same everywhere

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Awesome, thank ye. I have a PS3 but I'm a cheap bastard and don't buy Blu-Rays.[/QUOTE]

Just sayin , but the blu-ray version of Snow White does come with a dvd of the movie , and is only a dollar more expensive (at amazon). So I'd say the combo pack is a better deal unless you really want to save a dollar or really want the different cover art.

Amazon dropped the price of Braveheart to $19.99 to match BB. I'd assume the other BB PM's have been done as well for other on-sale items.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Just sayin , but the blu-ray version of Snow White does come with a dvd of the movie , and is only a dollar more expensive (at amazon). So I'd say the combo pack is a better deal unless you really want to save a dollar or really want the different cover art.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, TRU is the place to get the Snow White Blu/DVD combo this week. It's $19.99, and combined with the $10 off coupon from www.snowwhiteoffer.com, it's only $9.99. I'm heading there right now to pick it up from my daughter. Blu copy for the living room, DVD copy for her room.

EDIT: The page shows it's for the DVD+Blu, but the coupon itself says either DVD+Blu or Blu+DVD.

[quote name='Phantom1219']You can also get the Blu/DVD combo from Amazon for $9.99 with the following coupon code:

SNOWHITE[/QUOTE]

I don't recall seeing it mentioned in the ad, but I picked up Snow White from TRU earlier and not only did I get it for $10 after coupon, I was also given a $5 gift card. Now that is truly an epic deal.

bread's done
Back