Target Black Wii w/New Super Mario Bros and Skyward Sword $150

[quote name='S_G']For those that got this in-store, did you have to grab the console and Zelda separately and have them ring up together or are they physically attached some how?

I'm wondering if this deal works with the black BC Mario Kart bundle in-store. Target's website does show Zelda bundled with the white BC Mario Kart bundle.[/QUOTE]

They had 20+ copies of Zelda and Black Wiis with NSMB at the electronics counter. Mario kart bundle was not included.

Couldnt wait for someone to try it for confirmation so I tried it myself. I purchased the bundle, put the Wii system in my car, and walked back to Target to return the game.

On the receipt it says:
Wii Console Refund Value $112.50
Wii Game (Zelda) Refund Value $37.49

I was able to return/refund Zelda since I already had the Gold Zelda Wiimote bundle. So essentially you can return either item is its a deal both ways.

Zelda for $37.49 (if you return the Wii Console)
Wii Console for $112.50 (return Zelda).

So $37.49 is basically the value of no BC Gamecube.

Wow, talk about someone who hasn't been keeping up with Nintendo news. When did Nintendo take out GC compatibility? How will I know if the Wii I purchase has it or not?

[quote name='mr jones']Wow, talk about someone who hasn't been keeping up with Nintendo news. When did Nintendo take out GC compatibility? How will I know if the Wii I purchase has it or not?[/QUOTE]

The old Mario Kart bundle has it, the NSMBW bundle does not. The new blue Wiis also do not, nor will any system where the Wii is laying flat and says Wii flat on the front system.

BC units will be standing up in pictures with the "Wii" label across the width of the front to match.

Glad I checked CAG before jumping on this deal for the wifey. No BC = no dice for me. Still a very awesome deal for those who don't care for BC.

[quote name='thedragon']I'm surprised more people aren't like you, I'm always surprised how many people are hung up on backwards compatibility, if you have the old games you probably still have the old system right ? My GC is still hooked up, its tiny and takes up no room on my table. Plus as far as the controllers are concerned, amazon regularly has classic controllers for wii for $15, sometimes less, so maybe its not as large a savings as you think to hang onto your GC controllers[/QUOTE]

I have my gamecube the only problem is my LCD in my room doesn't even support s-video. S video is so nostalgic now. So I'm glad I picked up the MK bundle which has GC bc, for $100 2 wks back.

Shoot I even keep up on gaming news and I didn't know they took out BC AND the GC ports. It's not so much not being able to live with no BC for me but the inability to use the GC controllers...as others have stated. The classic controller is ok but definitely doesn't compare to using the Wavebird or wired GC controllers.

edit: And if it's valid in-store as well then wouldn't it be valid to be price matched at BB?...

I received two boxes in the mail from target today. one contained the wii + zelda bundle I ordered and the other contained... the exact same thing. checked my statement and only got charged for one. happy holidays to me.

This is a damn good deal. But I can't justify it at the moment

I actually bought the Wii Mario Kart bundle when it first dropped to $135. But ended up selling it for $120 a month or so later as there weren't enough games I'd play

In stock online but shows $193.99 price. I guess the price is changed online now and the deal is OVER. Oh NoooOOOOO...... !!!

I wandered in here because the thread got bumped up and was totally caught off guard about no BC anymore. Taking a page from SONY I see.

Maybe they didn't want to deal with GC memory card corruption anymore. Is that still a problem? I bought a new card recently, but my Wii's still lost at home. LOL.

To think I passed by the bundle at the store on Black Friday and thought it sweet.

bread's done
Back