Target blu-ray clearance YMMV

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was browsing through a south Florida Target today looking for rechargeable batteries, and noticed they had dozens of blu-rays on clearance in one of their electronic's section endcaps. These target deals are usually YMMV in terms of PRICE, but I've found with PS3 games that usually the actual titles being put on clearance is fairly universal throughout the chain. So at the least it might be worth checking your nearest target and see what they have.

I snagged:

7th Voyage of Sinbad $2.46
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow $2.46
Survival of the Dead $ 2.46
Flash Gordon $2.76
Psycho (!!!) $3.96

The other ones I noticed (not so sure about the price, since I passed on them)
-Saw IV under $3
-Saw: The Final Chapter under $3
-Alien Resurrection: under $3
-Devil under $3
-30 Days of Night: Dark Days under $3

They also had many more clearance movies (most blu's, a few DVD's) on the endcap, but they were more in the $10-12 range and probably not any better than Amazon prices, so I really didn't make note of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats what it sounds like, a picture would definitely help. also, if they are still there, i might be willing to purchase the ones you didnt want

[quote name='Masterkyo']Possible online return items :)[/QUOTE]

The price of the items suggests that this is the case.

Yeah, wouldn't the clearance tag say "Online item" on it? He could easily verify that if he still has the stickers.

I wouldn't mind Target starting up blu-ray clearances, but I'm sure that would be just as annoying as tracking down the games.

i picked up premonition on clearane for like 4 bucks a month after release on blu and it was an online item. also, a few hd-dvds years ago, also online return. i have found very few, like less than 10, blu or dvd that were not online returns.

These were not from online returns from what I could tell, several of the titles had multiple copies, SAW IV (which I did not get) had the most with like 4 or 5 copies.

It is YMMV like I said, but I've never seen this many blu-rays on clearance. There were alot more than I made a note of, because some titles were still priced way too high even on clearance. Basically two shelves on the clearance endcap were stacked full of blu-rays.

I really just posted this as a heads up. I don't think there is a "Target clearance" thread in here like there is in the game's forum, and actualy I went in to Target looking for a specific clearance PS3 game... but I found all these clearance blu-rays instead. :applause:

It's product that, for the most part, sits in the backroom long enough to no longer be in the system. Last week most Targets had a return scan which basically sends all the old movies back. When your Target was doing that they probably found those movies. After that, the price gets dropped similar to how an online return would. It's super YMMV, but it's nice to find a gem. A couple of weeks ago I found a DVD casing copy of Fox and Hound on blu for under $5

A few days ago I picked up Superman Retruns for $3.66 and Spartacus:Blood And Sand for $11.26. A few weeks ago Silence of the Lambs was under $3 as well. Point being, with these titles jumping directly to the 70% off mark, even at YMMV, it's worth a look.

[quote name='Animal7390']thats what it sounds like, a picture would definitely help. also, if they are still there, i might be willing to purchase the ones you didnt want[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't shipping and gas completely kill the deal? It's really only worthwhile if you can actually visit a target, the ones off the top of my head where they had multiple copies were:

-Saw IV
-Saw the Final Chapter
-Survival of the Living
-Devil
-30 Days of Night: Dark Days (I had no idea this movie had a sequel, even at $2.xx i couldn't pull the trigger LOL)
-Flash Gordon (just 1 more copy at my store)
-Sky Captain (but the other 2 copies still had stickers for $12.xx whatever reason)

I'm pretty sure I grabbed the only copies of Psycho and 7th Voyage of Sinbad.

There were definitely more titles, but I just can't remember (either because the film wasn't familiar to me, or I didn't really make a mental note because the price was too high).

I loved 30 Days of Night, but 30 Days of Night: Dark Days was pretty aweful. I tried to like it, but it was pretty poor. Susan George did not return and the actress they re-cast was sub-par.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I loved 30 Days of Night, but 30 Days of Night: Dark Days was pretty aweful. I tried to like it, but it was pretty poor. Susan George did not return and the actress they re-cast was sub-par.[/QUOTE]

My instincts were right on that one then. I thought the original was "ok" and would have bought it for under $3.00, I had never even heard of the sequel and thought it might even be "direct to video" or something along those lines.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Wouldn't shipping and gas completely kill the deal? It's really only worthwhile if you can actually visit a target, the ones off the top of my head where they had multiple copies were:

-Saw IV
-Saw the Final Chapter
-Survival of the Living
-Devil
-30 Days of Night: Dark Days (I had no idea this movie had a sequel, even at $2.xx i couldn't pull the trigger LOL)
-Flash Gordon (just 1 more copy at my store)
-Sky Captain (but the other 2 copies still had stickers for $12.xx whatever reason)

I'm pretty sure I grabbed the only copies of Psycho and 7th Voyage of Sinbad.

There were definitely more titles, but I just can't remember (either because the film wasn't familiar to me, or I didn't really make a mental note because the price was too high).[/QUOTE]

possibly not, depending on what you charged for gas and handling, if you got everything in one shot it might be, as i would take it all. pm me if you would think about doing it.

I found Air Force One for $3.66 and the Target-exclusive special editon of Twilight for $5.86. Looking to trade both for something better.

out of curiousity, can anyone post dpci numbers like they do in the video game clearance thread? it would greatly help in others finding these deals

bread's done
Back