Target Blu Ray Prices 4/4 - 4/10

chimpster1313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Nabbed over on Blu-ray.com forums, credit to D head for the listing. As with last weeks ad, I'll update the OP when I find out more on the 'selected others' front, or if there's any ridiculously good TV on DVD sales.

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Boxset - $59.99
Lord Of The Rings (Animated Deluxe Bluray) - $19.99
Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans - $19.99

$17.99
Fight Club
007: Quantum Of Solace
Coraline
Taken
The Bourne Ultimatum
Gladiator
Braveheart
"and selected others"

thanks for sharing....

Reminder to everyone This version of LORD of the RINGS is NOT the extended cut... that will be released later... likely to promote the Hobbit movies in 2011

The highdefdigest review of LOTR's transfer was not kind... I'm waiting for the EES anyway, but that's another strike against this version...

[quote name='ronin47']People might want to hold off on Gladiator. Talk of a remastered edition coming out soon.[/QUOTE]
Has the backlash of the "editing" used in this blu-ray transfer really got to the studios in remastering it? If so, are we thinking it will come out later this year?

Reason I ask is that I really want to see this movie again (so much that I've been listening to the soundtrack!) and at that price, I was heavily considering on picking it up. I suppose I can wait a few more months if the rumors are strong enough that a remaster is coming out. But I'll definitely be picking up Braveheart at least.

[quote name='nflsonic']Has the backlash of the "editing" used in this blu-ray transfer really got to the studios in remastering it? If so, are we thinking it will come out later this year?

Reason I ask is that I really want to see this movie again (so much that I've been listening to the soundtrack!) and at that price, I was heavily considering on picking it up. I suppose I can wait a few more months if the rumors are strong enough that a remaster is coming out. But I'll definitely be picking up Braveheart at least.[/QUOTE]

Might be the backlash but more then likely it will be to promote Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe in Robin Hood.

The remastered edition is already out in Europe so I don't know what the hold up on a US release is. There will be a lot of pissed off people who didn't expect a new version this soon. Myself included.

[quote name='ronin47']Might be the backlash but more then likely it will be to promote Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe in Robin Hood.

The remastered edition is already out in Europe so I don't know what the hold up on a US release is. There will be a lot of pissed off people who didn't expect a new version this soon. Myself included.[/QUOTE]

There is no remastered version of this out in Europe. There are some articles over at blu-ray.com that talk about anniversary edition being announced for Germany and then the delay of that edition. The rumor is that the release will come out when Robin Hood comes out on Bluray.

[quote name='ronin47']People might want to hold off on Gladiator. Talk of a remastered edition coming out soon.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't mean there will be an exchange program. Gangs of New York never got one when the fixed version was released.

[quote name='Deviation59']Doesn't mean there will be an exchange program. Gangs of New York never got one when the fixed version was released.[/QUOTE]

Did he say anything about an exchange program?

I took it as telling those who don't own it to hold off on buying it as a better version may be coming.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Did he say anything about an exchange program?

I took it as telling those who don't own it to hold off on buying it as a better version may be coming.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

I can't recall of any studio doing a Bluray exchange. DVD to Bluray but Bluray to Bluray.

If they can wait, they should. I expected a remastered not to released for another year or two so I bit on the current release.

Probably gonna get Lord of the Rings. (No i dont care about extended edition, the regulars are long enough)

[quote name='Archfiend']those are suppose to be good prices ahahahahahahahah[/QUOTE]

What is a good price on Braveheart, in your opinion? I was thinking about it at that price.

[quote name='EasyTarget82']What is a good price on Braveheart, in your opinion? I was thinking about it at that price.[/QUOTE]

Braveheart and Gladiator were $9.99 each on amazon on Black Friday, and a little more at various brick and mortar stores as well.

I ended up ordering them from amazon and sent in the upgrade rebates for $10 each, thus they were free for me. :D

Fight Club was something ridiculous like $6 or $9 from Fry's on release week, at least that was their online price. I got Best Buy to pricematch it, boy were they unhappy.

[quote name='karkyco']Braveheart and Gladiator were $9.99 each on amazon on Black Friday, and a little more at various brick and mortar stores as well.

I ended up ordering them from amazon and sent in the upgrade rebates for $10 each, thus they were free for me. :D

Fight Club was something ridiculous like $6 or $9 from Fry's on release week, at least that was their online price. I got Best Buy to pricematch it, boy were they unhappy.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I got Fight Club fairly cheap during a Target sale and added their $5 off coupon(greatest coupon ever). I always miss the good black friday deals though. I was thinking the cheapest I had seen Braveheart was like 16 or 17 on Amazon. You definitely got them at the right time.

bread's done
Back