Target Boxing Week sale

Man, I just freaking bought 3D World and Pikmin at BB in the past 3 weeks?! AHHHH!!

Do you think they'll price match other boxing day sales?

Man, I just freaking bought 3D World and Pikmin at BB in the past 3 weeks?! AHHHH!!

I'm not sure but I'm hoping someone price matches. I want that Dyson Vacuum at $298. Everywhere else has it for $100 more and ever since I returned the previous one to Walmart my gf has been bugging me to get one again. heh

I'm glad to see the 3DS games at half the price Walmart will have them for though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious? I freaking bought Dream Team/NSMB2 at ToysRUs, and Luigi's Mansion at Best Buy during Black Friday for $24.99 each...

No, nobody ever allows price matches on Boxing Day. Just repurchase and return whatever you need, just about everybody stretches out their return policy back into November for Christmas purchases.

Damn, nice deals on first-party Nintendo stuff. I'd be all over those Wii U and 3DS games if I didn't already have the ones I want.

I wouldn't take the chance honestly. Especially since this is Target Canada's first Boxing Day.
It's a chance. But it seems like a way better chance than going in 15 minutes after opening on Boxing Day and finding stock. Worst case, you just have to return the games when you go in for price protection.

It's a chance. But it seems like a way better chance than going in 15 minutes after opening on Boxing Day and finding stock. Worst case, you just have to return the games when you go in for price protection.
I'd still rather wait for Boxing Day. Because this way, you have to sit with the game for about a week. And then, who knows if they'll actually bother giving you back the difference. That, and each game right now is $39.99.

I'd still rather wait for Boxing Day. Because this way, you have to sit with the game for about a week. And then, who knows if they'll actually bother giving you back the difference. That, and each game right now is $39.99.
If you don't open it they'll have to give you a refund. I know for sure an unopened game with a receipt allows for a refund in a reasonable amount of time.

Either way, the selection is very limited. Mario Kart 7/New Super Mario Bros 2/Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. 

Out of these 4, I would get Mario Kart 7 due to this being the only one I don't own yet.

Why wouldn't they give you a refund?

Buying a game and then trying to price protect it a few days after the 26th-27th is actually not a bad idea. I might actually do that with a couple of games at FS/BB. Would definitely beat shoving my way through hoards of people.

I bought the games already. I'll go in for a price adjustment a few days after Boxing Day.
Just got confirmations from a few stores that they would not allow this. Best Buy, for example, won't even be doing returns on anything on the 26th and 27th. The ones I called, atleast.

Good luck, I guess. I'll probably be going to the stores in the morning then.

Just got confirmations from a few stores that they would not allow this. Best Buy, for example, won't even be doing returns on anything on the 26th and 27th. The ones I called, atleast.

my plan is to buy online then go to store see if i an get the same game come home then cancel order for online. that way i am guarenteed a game. i was also thinking on holding a game instore online tomorrow. that way it can't be denied unless they turn it off tomorrow then that will suck. how i look at it is. if they allowed people to hold games for the trade in last month then why can't they do this ?

i mean last month was a free trade up this is actually getting them money i can't see why they wouldn't allow it, but i'm most certain they won't allow it cause i think Policy's on how they handle stuff is poor. but i hope you get what you want VetraX i'm mostly looking towards Diablo 3

my plan is to buy online then go to store see if i an get the same game come home then cancel order for online. that way i am guarenteed a game. i was also thinking on holding a game instore online tomorrow. that way it can't be denied unless they turn it off tomorrow then that will suck. how i look at it is. if they allowed people to hold games for the trade in last month then why can't they do this ?

i mean last month was a free trade up this is actually getting them money i can't see why they wouldn't allow it, but i'm most certain they won't allow it cause i think Policy's on how they handle stuff is poor. but i hope you get what you want VetraX i'm mostly looking towards Diablo 3
You can't buy anything online for Target Canada...

You can't buy anything online for Target Canada...
yea i know, i was going with his Example of Best Buy. there's nothing i want from target sadly only Best Buy, Walmart and Futureshop ( hopefully from EB Games when ever that flyer is out to the public ) are stuff i want from for Boxing Day.

Welp, there you go. For sure now I wouldn't bother doing this.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect them to allow something like that on the 26th-27th, but sometimes these prices are valid for the entire week, so it might still be worth a try. My local BB/FS had Black Friday deals that were only supposed to be good for a few of days according to their fliers, but these prices were up for twice as long. Not only that, but they also had new sales pop-up during the BF event and these sales lasted even longer.

Well, I'm going to try it anyway. If it doesn't work out, I'll simply return it. :p

i was also thinking on holding a game instore online tomorrow. that way it can't be denied unless they turn it off tomorrow then that will suck. how i look at it is. if they allowed people to hold games for the trade in last month then why can't they do this ?
BB/FS always disables instore pickups for Boxing Week. They were negligent with the free game trade-in the other month, but after a couple hours they flipped the switch crippling those then too, remember?

I'm only suggesting people try funny stuff with Target, we don't know their Boxing Week policies yet. It's set in fuck ing stone that BB/FS won't play with us.

Target's flyer states their policy. They will not do price protection on clearance items. No mention at all of non-clearance items.

I'm heading back on the 27th with the sealed games to do a return/rebuy. It's that simple. They allowed it on Black Friday. I am fully confident they will allow it here.

I'm not breaking my back to walk in Thursday morning to empty shelves. This $15 deal is probably the cheapest you will see these sealed games in your entire lifetime. The whole stock will be taken by the first person to get to them.

The crazy ToysRUs 10% price match deal ends on the 24th, I don't know if they normally price match outside of that. Regardless, looking at their limitations, they do post-purchase price matches within 2 weeks of a purchase. Even without that, they might want to check stock. So I'd guess you're probably outta luck. But I suppose it can't hurt to nag, you might get free money.

BB/FS always disables instore pickups for Boxing Week. They were negligent with the free game trade-in the other month, but after a couple hours they flipped the switch crippling those then too, remember?

I'm only suggesting people try funny stuff with Target, we don't know their Boxing Week policies yet. It's set in fuck ing stone that BB/FS won't play with us.
they said they flipped the switch on it but they let the ones who done it successfully keep there games hold at the store. i think really they should have let them go. i'm not bothered with this it's just even those stores never canceled the ones that went through to make it fair for everyone AND some stores went and not followed the guideline rules for the trade in. but yea i figured they don't do hold for boxing week. cause they close hat option to do so out. i just hate the fact that some stores can break there own rules when they feel like it, that's it really ( i know any store can do that but i don't see it happen usually i see companies hold their ground on their rules )

i was thinking maybe trying to see if i can hold cause normally it's 48 hours they do the holding. but it's not really worth it in the end. I'll just buy online and not bothering trying for Diablo 3 in the store ( just in case it sells out ) something tells me it won't but i got the worst luck out of anyone i know there for i will order online then wait for store openings on December 27th

Target's flyer states their policy. They will not do price protection on clearance items. No mention at all of non-clearance items.

I'm heading back on the 27th with the sealed games to do a return/rebuy. It's that simple. They allowed it on Black Friday. I am fully confident they will allow it here.

I'm not breaking my back to walk in Thursday morning to empty shelves. This $15 deal is probably the cheapest you will see these sealed games in your entire lifetime. The whole stock will be taken by the first person to get to them.
YMMV.

Well FS/BB are getting ready online now, they've taken their entire sites offline :speaktothehand: Stuff is going up tonight.

Oh, I meant if they would give me back the difference I paid when Target has those 2 games on sale.
Yeah I know, I said post-purchase price matches.

Well FS/BB are getting ready online now, they've taken their entire sites offline :speaktothehand: Stuff is going up tonight.

Yeah I know, I said post-purchase price matches.
I asked them in store today, they said they'll give me back the difference so long as Target has stock and I bring the flyer.

Just got back from Guelph Line Target in Burlington.

Mario & Luigi Dream Team was NOT marked down to 15$

I asked one of the managers and they said the flyer only shows generic 3DS games and they get the final price markdowns before Boxing Day. However, I did get Super Mario 3D Land for 15$ even though it wasn't advertised.

i3HV7AI.jpg

Would like to apologize to Zing and whomever else I may have mislead. The Target's I phoned earlier in the week were price-matching today. I'm not sure why they would misinform me.

Just got back from Guelph Line Target in Burlington.

Mario & Luigi Dream Team was NOT marked down to 15$

I asked one of the managers and they said the flyer only shows generic 3DS games and they get the final price markdowns before Boxing Day. However, I did get Super Mario 3D Land for 15$ even though it wasn't advertised.

i3HV7AI.jpg
Weird... All games shown in the flyer were at $15 here in Sask.

bread's done
Back