Target: Buy a Pink DS Lite and all Profits go to Breast Cancer Research Till Oct. 9

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Ever wanted to donate money to a charity but too cheap ass to do it? Then buy a pink DS Lite where ALL THE PROFITS will go towards the The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Support a fantastic cause that is dedicated to fighting this deadly disease.

[quote name='GoNintendo.com']This week only at Target, all profits from Pink DS Lite’s sold will go to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. That’s right, 100%. This is an excellent charity, every year they save thousands of women, you know your money’s going to a good cause. This would be a fantastic time to buy yourself, your girlfriend, your mom, your sister, or your little cousin, a brand new DS Lite.[/QUOTE]

Link: http://weeklyad.target.com/target/c...859&listingid=-2094375383&mapareaid=10482950&

You can buy it online as well and profits will still go towards the Foundation, as noted by the ribbon insignia in the picture.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']You can only take the deduction if you get nothing in return, OR you can only deduct the amount that was donated - which considering the % discount for new video game stuff is 10-15%.[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing. As Nemo Hyde said, you can deduct the amount donated -- the total value of the DS minus the profit they are donating.

I just picked one up today, and it's SOOOO cute, all pink and sort of glowing. And my gf loves it too.

But the receipt gave no indication of the amount that will be donated, so you'd have to do some research to figure out what the actual amount is.

For those who care - it does matter which breast cancer organization you give to - some organizations (eg, Komen/Race for the Cure) have ties to Planned Parenthood. And as always, there are scam artists too...

http://www.lifenews.com/nat896.html

It may not matter to many here, but I know there are many people who don't like their donation getting used by the org for other causes.

Still, it's nice to see Nintendo (Target does give back to the community rather often) take the extra step for a good cause.

I know some guys think pink is just not a color for guys, but I disagree..anyways, from an objective point of view

- Pink DS doesn't finger print like the black one, I've used it eating, cleaning, sweaty, and it doesn't get finger prints on it

- Pink DS is -very- pleasing to the eyes, the pink is so soft and gentle and doesn't distract you from the screen, and it doesn't influence your perception of colors on the screen as much either

-Pink DS looks very well made, very well crafted, usuallly colorful consoles look like toys but I've seen the black and compared it to my pink, and let me just say side to side there is no comparison at all

-Pink is a very fashionable color for both genders right now

-If you use a grip case, the color of the console doesn't matter at all

-Pink is a color that means many things, and all of them are good, many of your favorite things in life are probably pink

Anyways, it's a good chairty so if you're buying a second DS lite or your first, I'd say buy it at Target because there's no reason at all to buy it anywhere else, it's not like they're giving out free FF 3's or something.

bread's done
Back