Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

[quote name='bmulligan']Hey Horseman, any word on clearancing the HDD or Metroid bundles ?[/quote]

lol, that's a polite way of getting someone's attention

Once I was buying a State of Emergency that I scanned at 0.00. I took it up to a regular cashier, and she asked me how much it was supposed to be, I told her 2.88, and thats what she let me pay.

Ya it seems like only PC titles are on clearance right now. Picked up Neverwinter Nights Gold for $9.98. Most of the other titles were the same price. Can remember Max Payne 2 being that price. Dark Age of Camelot (Platinum?) was $14.98 I think.

This was the Two Notch CC in Columbia, SC.

Well you will all be pleased to know that the Xbox drought has ended.

Freedom Fighters just went on clearance for $9.98, if you haven't played that game yet, I suggest you pick it up.

Pity Target still has no love for the Cube.

Actually, Target does have some clearance love for the Cube. Start watching for these to drop at your local Target. The prices are approximately what I remember from a phone call with a friend earlier this morning.

Advance Wars 2 - US GBA, $9.98
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes - US Cube, $14.98
Medal of Honor - US Cube
Manhunt - US PS2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - US Cube
Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku II - US GBA, $9.98. I think it was the second one, anyway.
Pitfall - US GBA, $9.98
Mega Man Zero 2 - US GBA, $9.98. I think it was the second one.
Madcatz PS2 DVD remote - US PS2. I think $4.98 on this one.
1080 Avalanche - US Cube, $14.98. I think that's the price.
PSOne Memory Cards - Didn't mention brand or price.
Random 3rd Party Controllers - Ditto.
Several XBox Games That I Can't Remember
And I think there might've been a few more PS2 games

God I remember picking up a game from Target almost every other week. I'm hoping they stage another massive game clearance starting in January, along with Best Buy and everyone else.

Saw a few games today worth mentioning:
SSX 3 (GC) $9.98
Pokemon Pinball (GBA) $14.98
Tenchu (XB) $13.98
Breakdown (XB) $13.98
Billy Hatcher (GC) $9.98
The Hobbit (XB) $9.98

They had plenty of Billy Hatcher & SSX 3's in stook...picked up SSX3; I will wait until Tenchu hopefully takes another price drop from there (what can I say? I am an ultimate cheap ass)

They also had a couple copies of 1080 Avalanche & MGS Twin Snakes in stock as well (along with that DBZ game as well)

I went to Target yesterday (Miami area) to buy an xbox and they did not have the "Holiday" bundle I keep hearing about. Is the bundle supposed to be YMMV? Mine only came with Top Spin and NCAA2005 -- no Crimson Skies :(

If anyone had any luck finding the Target Holiday bundle at Target, please let me know where :)

Also, no clearance items mentioned here are in the Kendall and Westchester locations -- so those in the area don't need to waste the trip.

Thanks and peace

Well we got in some xbox holiday bundles today, they seem to include 2 games, nothing special really. What is special though is the cart that was being loaded up for clearance. I'm keeping an eye on this one, seems like it's mostly ps2 and xbox, but what's new? I'm debating on picking up Viewtiful Joe for the $14.77 price, since I haven't yet, although this isn't as good of a deal as the TRU one a month ago.

Went to my target in Lake Jackson, TX today and found these on the clearance shelf:

Freedom Fighters (xbox) $9.98
Breakdown (xbox) $9.98
Mission Impossible (xbox) $7.98

There's a lot of clearance games at the Clackamas Promenade Target in Portland, OR. Here's what I saw:

Gamecube:
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (1 copy) - $14.98
Catwoman (3 copies) - $9.98
Wrestlemania XiX (2 copies) - $8.98
Wrestlemania X8 (Player's Choice, several copies) - $4.98
Medal Of Honor Rising Sun (2 copies) - $14.98
NBA Live 2004 (1 copy) - $14.98
Madden 2004 (3 copies) - Don't remember the price, but I'm guessing it was $14.98

XBox:
Breakdown (2 copies) - $9.98
Freedom Fighters (1 copy) - $9.98

PS2:
Manhunt (4 copies) - $9.98
Harry Potter Quidditch Cup (2 copies) - either $8.98 or $9.98, can't exactly remember

GBA:
Need For Speed Underground (at least 4 copies) - $14.98
Dragonball Z: Legacy Of Goku (at least 3 copies) - $9.98
Yu-Gi-Oh World Tournament 2004 (i saw one copy but there could be more) - $17.98
Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (at least 3 copies) - $14.98
007 Everything Or Nothing (1 or 2 copies, can't remember) - $14.98
GBA videos - The only one I can remember is a Rugrats All Growed Up title for $9.98. There might be some other volumes in there too
There was also a Barbie game I didn't bother to take a close look at, so I don't know exactly which Barbie game it is or how much it was.

And I bought my first Target clearance game ever tonight - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for GC for $9.98, which I didn't put in the above list since I bought the last copy.

All of this is located on an endcap right next to the budget games/accessories aisle, across from the TVs. I was there yesterday around 9:30 pm and left the store ten minutes to closing, so most, if not all, of this stuff should still be there when the store opens today. I may be off on the count of some of the games and there might be a couple titles I left out. I'm honestly surprised I even remembered this much. :lol:

Today at Target I saw (lumped with the $19.99 game section, but with red clearance flags surrounding them):

Tiger Woods 2004 (GC) $14.99
Breakdown (Xbox) $9.99
Tenchu: Return from Darkness (Xbox) $9.99

Any of these worth picking up?

[quote name='spwango']I picked up Deus Ex Invisible War (XBOX) for 4.98[/quote]

Same here. I also picked up Tenchu for teh Xbox for 9.98$

Picked up a copy of MGS Twin Snakes for $14.98 at the Target on La Cienega in Culver City (LA), CA. There was 1 left.

Also picked up Painkiller for the PC for $9.98 at the other target in Culver City. Only one there.

[quote name='buster90']I think these sales recent markdown s are YMMV.

Mine had Deus EX 2 for $6.98. Catwomen was $14.98 and yes I scanned them both.[/quote]

Prices tend to vary, even locally. I remember when I saw some baseball game for the Xbox on clearance at a local Target for $14.98. At another local Target, the same game was on clearance for $20.98.

[quote name='buster90']I think these sales recent markdown s are YMMV.[/quote]

This whole thread is a huge YMMV.

My Target hasn't had any good clearance items in a long time. I saw MK:DA for $5.04 one day, but they upped it to $14.77 for the sale they have going on this week. :roll:

I can pretty much confirm all the newly listed clearance games, and also add 1080 Avalanche to the list marked at $14.98. I picked up MG:TS and MoH: RS today, with my discount and tax added in they worked out to about $14 each, not too bad for two great games.
Target also has the Nintendo DS in; however, the street date is Sunday, so you won't see them on the shelves until then.
Additionally, the DS was supposed to be released with six different games, but Target only has one right now. I can't confirm which game that is though.

Picked up PS2 Manhunt and Harry Potter Quidditch cup for $9.98 each. They also had GBA 007 Everything or nothing, but it was a weakass reduction, $19.98 or $24.98, and GBA Magic Beanz for $13.98. Also saw a couple of 3rd party Xbox controllers for $9.98. Looks like the Target Clearances are BACK, baby! The shelves at mine are CRAMMED full of games, I bet they're going to be clearancing more than ever over the next few weeks.

Manhunt (PS2) & MGS: TS (GC) is dissappear from my target. Seem like i have to take little trip (20 miles drive) to another target nearby.

Begin CHEAPASS is PAIN ;)

[quote name='alongx']My Target lacked copies of Manhunt. I got MGS:TS when it was $17.88 last month...paid $3 too much for it, it seems.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='Demontooth']I haven't seen anything on clearance at Target in months[/quote]

Keep checking. My local Targets were pretty dry on clearance games for months (with the exception of PC games, there were always at least a few of those). Then on Monday night, I saw a bunch of stuff.

The following will be hitting clearance soon. How soon depends on how well your local Target keeps up with price changes and what games they still have in stock.

The Sims - Cube
Super Monkey Ball - Cube
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Cube
One of the WWE Smackdown games - PS2, likely that it's Here Comes The Pain

There were more, but I can't remember them now. I already have the copies of these that I want, and my source knows I don't have an X-Box, so they did not inform me of those titles. I believe all these were at $9.98.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']The following will be hitting clearance soon. How soon depends on how well your local Target keeps up with price changes and what games they still have in stock.

The Sims - Cube
Super Monkey Ball - Cube
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Cube
One of the WWE Smackdown games - PS2, likely that it's Shut Your Mouth

There were more, but I can't remember them now. I already have the copies of these that I want, and my source knows I don't have an X-Box, so they did not inform me of those titles. I believe all these were at $9.98.[/quote]

Super Monkey Ball for $10 would be a sweet find. I paid that much for a used copy. Thanks for the heads up.

No problemo.
After further reflection, it makes more sense that the Smackdown game would be Here Comes The Pain. SYM is already a Greatest Hit, and Raw Vs. Smackdown just came out, so...uh...yeah, guess I'll try to edit my first post from earlier this morning.

Ah working at Target and in Electronics for that matter rocks for me :)

Current Clearence in Port Arthur TX Store (all 50% off retail):
F Zero GX GCN
Invisible War? (cant remember right name) XBOX
SSX3 GCN
The Hobbit PS2
Quidditch World Cup (PS2 or GCN, cant remember)
GBA:
Various GBA Videos
Home on the Range
Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire
Megaman Battle Chip Challenge

and more I cant remember

Not sure if this was mentioned, but the Target on Archer in Lemont, IL had Tenchu (XBox) for $9.98. I think I snagged the last one though so check somewhere else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back