Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Punisher138']Is that price for every store or YMMV??? If that's for every store then I'm on my way![/QUOTE]

1 location I think, though more might have it.

[quote name='TooPoor']I am jealous of you for grabbing that Bose.[/QUOTE]

It's probably one of the best clearance finds that I have ever found. I used it while I had my windows down, and my dad could still hear me clearly. I own the Bose IE2 headphones, and they have the same headphone cushion on them so they're really comfortable. They were tucked away under neath the other headphones and cases. I'm going to return the Atari Controller, and check out the clearance at the Target near my job. It's definitely one of the best clearance finds that I ever came across.

@coopscohen, That's a really nice keyboard. I'll have to be on the lookout for that one.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']

Duo Atari Controller for iPad. It was $14.98, and it's normally $49.99. It's complete garbage. Definitely going back to the store tomorrow.
DCPI: 057-001-462
[/QUOTE]

So is it really that bad? I picked this up today. I thought I had read good things about it in the past but no way was I going to pay more than $15 for it. Even that seems a little high considering it doesn't even come with the apps (you have to pay to unlock the different games). I remember getting these free on my phone a while back but it was a one-time thing where they are only there and not on my iPad (and no way to get them there either). If I had them all then I'd probably just keep it.

The reviews are all over the place on it at different sites - some definite love or hate going on there.

I thought maybe my kids would like it - but then again, the last thing we need is more plastic game peripherals.

I was at GS and ran into Target for a few minutes to see what clearance drops had happened. I left with $80 of clearance Electronics stuff but no games - they have almost none there now.

In addition to the Duo, I got 5 iPhone 5 cases for $6-$9, a screen protector for the iPad ($6), and a way-overpriced Monster power strip/HDMI cable (still too high at $15 but I needed one the other day so I figured it was at least a decent quality one).

My daughter has a new phone, my wife is going to get one soon, and my mother is visiting with her new iPhone 5 - so I figured I'd let them take their pick of the cases and return whatever they didn't want. My daughter has already taken 2 of them ;).

[quote name='io']So is it really that bad? I picked this up today. I thought I had read good things about it in the past but no way was I going to pay more than $15 for it. Even that seems a little high considering it doesn't even come with the apps (you have to pay to unlock the different games). I remember getting these free on my phone a while back but it was a one-time thing where they are only there and not on my iPad (and no way to get them there either). If I had them all then I'd probably just keep it.

The reviews are all over the place on it at different sites - some definite love or hate going on there.

I thought maybe my kids would like it - but then again, the last thing we need is more plastic game peripherals.

I was at GS and ran into Target for a few minutes to see what clearance drops had happened. I left with $80 of clearance Electronics stuff but no games - they have almost none there now.

In addition to the Duo, I got 5 iPhone 5 cases for $6-$9, a screen protector for the iPad ($6), and a way-overpriced Monster power strip/HDMI cable (still too high at $15 but I needed one the other day so I figured it was at least a decent quality one).

My daughter has a new phone, my wife is going to get one soon, and my mother is visiting with her new iPhone 5 - so I figured I'd let them take their pick of the cases and return whatever they didn't want. My daughter has already taken 2 of them ;).[/QUOTE]

It really is. You have to pay $9.99 to unlock the rest of the games, and the controls stick. There's too much resistance. I feel bad for anyone who paid $49.99 for if when it launched.

[quote name='mike568']Tonight I found the Roku 2 XS in Black and Red both for $69.98. They are inline not on the end caps.
DPCI #008 06 1501
Online Item #: 13792970
http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13792970[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the post with all the extra information. I was lucky to grab one for myself last night.

[quote name='Graviex']I saw Soul Sacrifice on the floor at my local store as well.. I didn't try to buy it, but there's a good chance the system won't let it ring up without overriding it since its not out until the 30th. I chalked it up to a clueless electronics employee mistake, as usual. I even took a picture!

2u3wgmq.jpg

I was definitely tempted to try though..[/QUOTE]

Just saw this at my Target...2 copies. I haven't tried the demou yet, so I'm not sure if I want to buy it for $40, so I skipped on trying to get it. Like you said, I'm sure the system would have denied the sale.

Edit: just stopped at a 2nd Target and they had it out as well. I'm wondering if they are just breaking street date...never known Target to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryne candy']Just saw this at my Target...2 copies. I haven't tried the demou yet, so I'm not sure if I want to buy it for $40, so I skipped on trying to get it. Like you said, I'm sure the system would have denied the sale.

Edit: just stopped at a 2nd Target and they had it out as well. I'm wondering if they are just breaking street date...never known Target to do that.[/QUOTE]

Happens all the time, but the register usually catches it and won't let it be sold.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It really is. You have to pay $9.99 to unlock the rest of the games, and the controls stick. There's too much resistance. I feel bad for anyone who paid $49.99 for if when it launched.[/QUOTE]

Glad I didn't grab one when I saw it haha though what changed my mind was that I already own an iCade that I haven't used so really don't need anymore no matter how cheap it is.

I also grabbed these... I did end up dropping the Atari/Ipad thingy off in housewares though.

[quote name='tokyostomp']i shouldn't have done it but i did
2e1rjtj.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ryne candy']Just saw this at my Target...2 copies. I haven't tried the demou yet, so I'm not sure if I want to buy it for $40, so I skipped on trying to get it. Like you said, I'm sure the system would have denied the sale.

Edit: just stopped at a 2nd Target and they had it out as well. I'm wondering if they are just breaking street date...never known Target to do that.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, I tried to buy a copy and it was street dated. Nice girl though, she couldn't find it listed in the upcoming games and tried to get her manager to sell me it. Shame it didn't work out...

Well, not much at my local stores, but did pick up:

Epic Mickey Clicker nunchuk @15. Already have the paintbrush version that was released with the first game.
Brookstone iScanner for iPad @45. Suppose to only work with 1st & 2nd gen models.

Both were in very low supply and doubt they'll hit lower, but I''l keep checking.
Scanner's got mixed reviews but I'm finding it works fine. I'll know better with more usage.

No games or HD's at my Target today, but a couple decent finds anyways:

Amazing Spider-Man LE BLU RAY for $32.xx
Several Halo micro ops and McFarlane figures on clearence as well. Micro ops for $5.xx and McFarlane for $8.xx .Got a couple of those and an "as is" warthog/wall base figure for $1.86 (box was slightly damaged, contents are pristine!)

Scored today at a target near my college (Capitola,CA) were i found a copy of Lumines Electronic Symphony for vita for $9.58

Wow, I got really lucky today. I managed to pick up a WD 1TB External for $30, but the thing is, it wasn't even marked for clearance, nor was it on the clearance shelf. It actually looked semi hidden, because it was stocked wrong on the shelf where it was supposed to be, placed in the back of the 2TB ones that were apparently not on clearance. So I looked through them and took them all to the price scanner, and this one popped up $29.99, even though it wasn't marked. I was so damn happy O_O

No luck at my local store for a TB, but scored some OKC Thunder skullcandies (normally 19.99, for 9.99) and some red skullcandy headphones with a mic (41.xx for 12.50) - no games at all though, bummer.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']No luck at my local store for a TB, but scored some OKC Thunder skullcandies (normally 19.99, for 9.99) and some red skullcandy headphones with a mic (41.xx for 12.50) - no games at all though, bummer.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a pair of those headphones. I almost got them last week when they dropped to $20, but I figured no one would buy them so I'd wait for lower. I'm happy with them for $12 though! They're about the same sound quality you can get from a normally priced $10 set of headphones though.. =( I just like the fact that they're not the in-ear ones which tend to bother me, so it's all good

Went to another Target that's closer to my job, and I didn't find any of the hard drives again...Don't really need one since I have a 3TB HDD chilling in my desktop, and 4TB HDD for storage. Just be nice to have. Anyways, I did find these two items.
20130423_230132.jpg

My dad might want the Bose Bluetooth because I kept raving to him about it. Second pair I snagged this week!
The Monster iSport's are supposed to be really good so I'm excited to check them out. Normally $154.99, got them for $46 or so.

Picked up:

PS3 Limited Edition MLB11 The Show Dualshock 3 Controller 50% off @ $27.48 (DPCI: 207 00 1070)

Other non-gaming related deals:

Motorola Universal Bluetooth Headset (Model H720) 70% off @ $11.98 (DPCI: 080 08 0344)

Motorola Essential Series Universal Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone (Model T225) 70% off @ $14.98 (DPCI: 080 08 0070)

nope it for next week, the planogram has it on his week but its strretdated in the system for next week.

[quote name='Graviex']I picked up a pair of those headphones. I almost got them last week when they dropped to $20, but I figured no one would buy them so I'd wait for lower. I'm happy with them for $12 though! They're about the same sound quality you can get from a normally priced $10 set of headphones though.. =( I just like the fact that they're not the in-ear ones which tend to bother me, so it's all good[/QUOTE]

I need to figure out how to post pics from my phone, my red skullcandies I picked up were the kind that do go in your ear. They remind me of a previous pair they were accidentally washed... R.I.P. to my original pair... haha.

I didn't take pictures for more info #-o

:ps3: PS3 Bluetooth Headset - Urban Camouflage $27.98, don't know DPCI
:ps3: USB circular hub, forgot the price

[quote name='LouieT']I didn't take pictures for more info #-o

:ps3: USB circular hub, forgot the price[/QUOTE]

I saw the USB Hub tagged at $14.98 in Cheektowaga, NY. It could be a different price at your store though.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Went to another Target that's closer to my job, and I didn't find any of the hard drives again...Don't really need one since I have a 3TB HDD chilling in my desktop, and 4TB HDD for storage. Just be nice to have. Anyways, I did find these two items.

My dad might want the Bose Bluetooth because I kept raving to him about it. Second pair I snagged this week!
The Monster iSport's are supposed to be really good so I'm excited to check them out. Normally $154.99, got them for $46 or so.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of the Monster iSports, my target had them too, and I want a really good pair of ear buds, but I wasn't sure of the sound quality or if I could take of that little in ear part.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']I need to figure out how to post pics from my phone, my red skullcandies I picked up were the kind that do go in your ear. They remind me of a previous pair they were accidentally washed... R.I.P. to my original pair... haha.[/QUOTE]

I upload right to tinypic.com from my phone. (I have a smart phone).

Seen

the move gun add on for PS3 - around 27 dollars
killzone with controller for about 41 dollars (already owned one from a best buy sale)

Picked up

WoW Wrath of the Lich King $2.56 (have no idea if it was even worth getting, being just an expansion, I had WoW and never really played it, may give this away)

Non-gaming items

Polaroid 8" Digital Picture Frame for $20.98. Box said it included a 2 gb memory card, this included a 4 gb memory card instead. Normally $69.99 so not bad.
CableNeat Cable Ties $1.67 (left a pack, has about 10 in a pack)
Jasco HDMI cable - 6' Double Pack $5.98 (left a pack)

[quote name='LouieT']I didn't take pictures for more info #-o

:ps3: USB circular hub, forgot the price[/QUOTE]

I work at T-2320 and our Bluetooth headset is $19.98. I'm thinking about picking it up tonight;)

Last time I checked my local Target they had some HDs on clearance but they were still too expensive. Gonna have to check some Targets soon. My local Target had Zagg Sparqqs 1220 for 50% off at $20 but I am hoping they drop another $10 before I snag a couple of them.

[quote name='JQUEST97']Not quite the 1TB western digital HD but not bad.

IMG_20130423_065928.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's actually the exact same one I found on Monday (same clearance price too). I wanted the Western Digital one, but Seagate is fine too and it was $3 cheaper so I can't complain. It's still an amazing deal.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Went to another Target that's closer to my job, and I didn't find any of the hard drives again...Don't really need one since I have a 3TB HDD chilling in my desktop, and 4TB HDD for storage. Just be nice to have. Anyways, I did find these two items.

The Monster iSport's are supposed to be really good so I'm excited to check them out. Normally $154.99, got them for $46 or so.[/QUOTE]

If those Monster iSports end up being pretty nice, we can all just buy Livestrong ones. Shockingly, everyone's selling them for cheap :D

0 - 4 while looking for the 1TB hard drives. Oh well, I got some cheap 8gb photo memory cards for $4.49 each. Also got some awesome portable speakers for my fiance. iHome? Normally $60, got them for $17.98. Found out my two nearest stores have the current "best" clearance which is surprising to me. And I found one of the cleanest set-ups ever, damn impressive.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']0 - 4 while looking for the 1TB hard drives. Oh well, I got some cheap 8gb photo memory cards for $4.49 each. Also got some awesome portable speakers for my fiance. iHome? Normally $60, got them for $17.98. Found out my two nearest stores have the current "best" clearance which is surprising to me. And I found one of the cleanest set-ups ever, damn impressive.[/QUOTE]

Which stores did you check?

Norman can't be one of the current, they are always way behind lol

[quote name='BMXJouster']That's actually the exact same one I found on Monday (same clearance price too). I wanted the Western Digital one, but Seagate is fine too and it was $3 cheaper so I can't complain. It's still an amazing deal.[/QUOTE]

I always had issues with WD drives back in the day so I always go with Seagate. I recommend them to everyone I know. As far as SSD's go, I always recommend Intel.

I work at Target in electronics, for a while now, just thought I would shed some light on some of the stuff commented on. I picked up a pair of Sony Thumpin Buds for about $10, down from $40 (after my 15% discount), not a bad deal.

1) If you notice, in the top right corner of the Clearance tag, it will say 30, 50, or 70 now. That's the percent off the regular price. Once it hits 70%, it's not going any further, so either get it or not at all. After long enough it will be salvaged and tossed out. The only exceptions that happen is for holiday season stuff, like Christmas, Halloween, or Easter which will hit 90% off. But at that point, the area looks like a ransacked graveyard of stuff no one wants.

2) It looks like some serious resetting is going on in electronics. Computer accessories have been condensed together in a more logical way, and basically our entire PC game area looks vacant as of late. I've noticed more 3DS value titles in the area now, with Resident Evil at $20 along with some others.

3) I have no idea how Castlevania or Luigi's Mansion were 'Clearance' as someone said a few pages back. Sounds like a total fuck up by the Price Change team and someone discounted something that was not supposed to be. Not shocking, most employees don't know shit about a game that came out two days ago or 6 years ago.

4) Contrary to belief we don't know shit about anything on Clearance, when it will be Clearanced, or anything like that. But if I were a betting man, shit is about to pick up over the course of the year because of the massive influx of holiday titles and new systems.

Honestly, if you knew what kind of shit is back in the stock room in purgatory on a daily basis, your mind would blow. It's not just everything on the floor, it's special edition shit from years ago that no one bought, areas reset and it was backstocked with no home location, to which it will stay in purgatory until Target decides to Clearance it out at some later date.

I've noticed over time everything from PSP games, DJ Hero bundles, and even Star Wars 360 Special Edition bundles. There's a lot of shit, and there's a lot of shit on the floor like old Wii and DS games that are going to need to get the hell out so there's room for holiday games and new systems. This stuff is going to be Clearanced all throughout the year is my bet.

Anyway, those are my observations. One last request when Clearance diving is not to open shit and just throw it everywhere. Employees have to clean that shit up, even though it's Clearance doesn't mean it's a yard sale to just tear shit open. I stood next to an older lady earlier tonight watching her rummage through packages like it's some local garage sale. And of course, 90% of the time, they never buy. It's nice to be considerate.

[quote name='Hollywood']I work at Target in electronics, for a while now, just thought I would shed some light on some of the stuff commented on. I picked up a pair of Sony Thumpin Buds for about $10, down from $40 (after my 15% discount), not a bad deal.

1) If you notice, in the top right corner of the Clearance tag, it will say 30, 50, or 70 now. That's the percent off the regular price. Once it hits 70%, it's not going any further, so either get it or not at all. After long enough it will be salvaged and tossed out. The only exceptions that happen is for holiday season stuff, like Christmas, Halloween, or Easter which will hit 90% off. But at that point, the area looks like a ransacked graveyard of stuff no one wants.

2) It looks like some serious resetting is going on in electronics. Computer accessories have been condensed together in a more logical way, and basically our entire PC game area looks vacant as of late. I've noticed more 3DS value titles in the area now, with Resident Evil at $20 along with some others.

3) I have no idea how Castlevania or Luigi's Mansion were 'Clearance' as someone said a few pages back. Sounds like a total fuck up by the Price Change team and someone discounted something that was not supposed to be. Not shocking, most employees don't know shit about a game that came out two days ago or 6 years ago.

4) Contrary to belief we don't know shit about anything on Clearance, when it will be Clearanced, or anything like that. But if I were a betting man, shit is about to pick up over the course of the year because of the massive influx of holiday titles and new systems.

Honestly, if you knew what kind of shit is back in the stock room in purgatory on a daily basis, your mind would blow. It's not just everything on the floor, it's special edition shit from years ago that no one bought, areas reset and it was backstocked with no home location, to which it will stay in purgatory until Target decides to Clearance it out at some later date.

I've noticed over time everything from PSP games, DJ Hero bundles, and even Star Wars 360 Special Edition bundles. There's a lot of shit, and there's a lot of shit on the floor like old Wii and DS games that are going to need to get the hell out so there's room for holiday games and new systems. This stuff is going to be Clearanced all throughout the year is my bet.

Anyway, those are my observations. One last request when Clearance diving is not to open shit and just throw it everywhere. Employees have to clean that shit up, even though it's Clearance doesn't mean it's a yard sale to just tear shit open. I stood next to an older lady earlier tonight watching her rummage through packages like it's some local garage sale. And of course, 90% of the time, they never buy. It's nice to be considerate.[/QUOTE]

Well your first section is wrong, so you must not be watching your clearance section very well. I used to work at Target (in the electronics department no less), and there is an 85% off mark for electronics.

Immediate example as of very recent would be the Sims 3DS game for 2.xx.

Anyway, if I remember right there is one of two options for the purgatory stuff, it is up to your Team Lead of Electronics to allow you to set up home locations for old stuff to try to get it to sell, or it will most likely end up as vendor returns (or trash).

Edit: Also I felt like I was watching South Park with the Shit counter. By the way, I counted 8.

[quote name='BMXJouster']That's actually the exact same one I found on Monday (same clearance price too). I wanted the Western Digital one, but Seagate is fine too and it was $3 cheaper so I can't complain. It's still an amazing deal.[/QUOTE]
The bad part is that there's a higher chance it's going to break down as opposed to WD.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Well your first section is wrong, so you must not be watching your clearance section very well. I used to work at Target (in the electronics department no less), and there is an 85% off mark for electronics.

Immediate example as of very recent would be the Sims 3DS game for 2.xx.

Anyway, if I remember right there is one of two options for the purgatory stuff, it is up to your Team Lead of Electronics to allow you to set up home locations for old stuff to try to get it to sell, or it will most likely end up as vendor returns (or trash).[/QUOTE]

I've never seen anything notable hit 85% off. Maybe I'm overlooking, but everything hits 70% and goes salvage where I'm at. By that point in general, the kaibosh on the endcap is put on because it's so picked over and barren that they probably do not want to deal with it anymore and just want to reset it.

If I see anything at 85, I'll gladly say so, but it's something I've never noticed at my store. It may be something completely up to store level discretion to take it that far.

[quote name='Hollywood']I've never seen anything notable hit 85% off. Maybe I'm overlooking, but everything hits 70% and goes salvage where I'm at. By that point in general, the kaibosh on the endcap is put on because it's so picked over and barren that they probably do not want to deal with it anymore and just want to reset it.

If I see anything at 85, I'll gladly say so, but it's something I've never noticed at my store. It may be something completely up to store level discretion to take it that far.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on how fast your clearance goes. If it sits long enough (and the price change team finds it to adjust) then it will definitely hit 85%. If they don't find it when they go thru, then it is stuck at last price drop until it is booted from the system.

[quote name='StryderOmega']It all depends on how fast your clearance goes. If it sits long enough (and the price change team finds it to adjust) then it will definitely hit 85%. If they don't find it when they go thru, then it is stuck at last price drop until it is booted from the system.[/QUOTE]

I've had a long time guy in electronics tell me nothing ever hits 85%, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Maybe price change just decides not to bother, like you said.

Right now, basically all on the endcaps are a ton of phone cases and energizer charger packs and other types of stuff I don't see selling. I'll keep an eye out if they hit 85 or just disappear. Things tend to move quick around here, as soon as something starts to look barren they set something new off of the planogram.

I still wouldn't hold out for that 15% though if someone has their eye on something. Sooner rather than later it's going to get pulled, if it's 70% and something you want, I would buy ASAP.

[quote name='Hollywood']I've had a long time guy in electronics tell me nothing ever hits 85%, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Maybe price change just decides not to bother, like you said.

Right now, basically all on the endcaps are a ton of phone cases and energizer charger packs and other types of stuff I don't see selling. I'll keep an eye out if they hit 85 or just disappear. Things tend to move quick around here, as soon as something starts to look barren they set something new off of the planogram.[/QUOTE]

This may be why you lose your clearance before that price point then. The Target I worked for almost always had the dedicated Clearance end cap, except for when there wasn't any clearance.

They still haven't sold those stupid magnetic charge bases for phones yet? Damn things were so dumb and expensive. Buy this pad for $100 (that still needs to be plugged in) then buy this phone case or DS case which adds like 5 more pounds and double the thickness for $60. Dumb dumb dumb...

[quote name='Hollywood']

I still wouldn't hold out for that 15% though if someone has their eye on something. Sooner rather than later it's going to get pulled, if it's 70% and something you want, I would buy ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would say this too, unless there is an enormous quantity of them AND they don't seem to be moving at all.

20130423_230132.jpg

leaase let me know how the isports are? i really want to buy a pair for working out but can't bring myself to get a pair

[quote name='StryderOmega']This may be why you lose your clearance before that price point then. The Target I worked for almost always had the dedicated Clearance end cap, except for when there wasn't any clearance.

They still haven't sold those stupid magnetic charge bases for phones yet? Damn things were so dumb and expensive. Buy this pad for $100 then buy this phone case or DS case which adds like 5 more pounds and double the thickness for $60. Dumb dumb dumb...[/QUOTE]

Yeah our Target has had almost every endcap in every section be dedicated to clearance at one time or another. It's annoying to be honest, because they'll reset it and it's gone, and then you'll get no location scans or 999 things all the time.

And yeah these phone accessories really suck. There's so much flat out junk no one wants with those, I wish they would just be gone.

Oh well, I'll scout out some more over the next week or so. People will probably be cleaning out what little is left that may be decent buys, and I'm interested in seeing how some of the games are reset. I'll run some scans of 3DS games like Castlevania and see what the deal is too. That just seems really off in my mind, that any of that is $12 Clearance.

[quote name='Hollywood']Yeah our Target has had almost every endcap in every section be dedicated to clearance at one time or another. It's annoying to be honest, because they'll reset it and it's gone, and then you'll get no location scans or 999 things all the time.

And yeah these phone accessories really suck. There's so much flat out junk no one wants with those, I wish they would just be gone.

Oh well, I'll scout out some more over the next week or so. People will probably be cleaning out what little is left that may be decent buys, and I'm interested in seeing how some of the games are reset. I'll run some scans of 3DS games like Castlevania and see what the deal is too. That just seems really off in my mind, that any of that is $12 Clearance.[/QUOTE]

Well it seems from reports that it is Friday Electronic price adjustment errors.

My stores do it typically on Monday and nothing new has been "mistakenly" clearanced.

Question, you said you have had an influx of value games, does it also happen to seem like there is a saturation of the Clearance Games? I see a lot of old titles that were mentioned as clearance just shoved into the small end caps they use for overflow value games. Ill have to snag a picture of these end caps from two different stores. They are absolutely horrendous.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Well it seems from reports that it is Friday Electronic price adjustment errors.

My stores do it typically on Monday and nothing new has been "mistakenly" clearanced.

Question, you said you have had an influx of value games, does it also happen to seem like there is a saturation of the Clearance Games? I see a lot of old titles that were mentioned as clearance just shoved into the small end caps they use for overflow value games. Ill have to snag a picture of these end caps from two different stores. They are absolutely horrendous.[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's actually kind of weird, at my store we hardly ever have any clearance games. I noticed like FIFA for DS on the endcap today, but that may have been a misplaced value game.

I've very rarely even seen clearance games on the endcap, I'm not sure exactly why that is. I'll check out the value lot tomorrow, lots of stuff is being reset so I'm kind of interested to see the direction that side is going. To the right of the value games is the PC game section, which was basically barren. I don't know if something bigger is planned or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back