Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't looked at target clearance for years because the milwaukee stores are absolute shit, but i'm looking for Zone of the Enders for PS3 and found that other people were getting it on clearance.

I found a store that still has them in stock, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that it's been clearanced at all, right?

Its the last button on the right. You might have to check other scanners if one isn't activating the keypad. A lot of stores only have only one or two that activate. Lately I have noticed that they have been turning all of them off now through.
That doesn't make any sense. "We don't want knowledgeable customers looking up items they want to buy using numbers that are clearly listed on our website! We'd rather have them hassling employees to look in the stockroom and get games out of the case to scan!".

I haven't looked at target clearance for years because the milwaukee stores are absolute shit, but i'm looking for Zone of the Enders for PS3 and found that other people were getting it on clearance.

I found a store that still has them in stock, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that it's been clearanced at all, right?
Sorry i must just be getting to target before you! I mean the last year has been rough, but ive scored some pretty good deals since!

Right, could still be full price.

Why are we fighting? What part of YMMV do people not understand? I live in a major metro area and travel by about 4 Targets on my way home from work. Some of them have good deals sometimes, some don't. It all depends on the local Target. I got in on the MW3 bundle at half off by checking the inventory tracker....it's either that or drive to each one and see what happens. 

I don't get the rush to be honest. Had an opportunity to buy the MW3 bundle all week for 50% off and didn't. When PS4 and XB1 launch, its inevitable the prices of the predecessors will go down as well, and with the updated 360 model. I'm ready for a price war, there's zero chance systems are going to languish on the shelves and take up floor space when the new systems arrive. Even 'active' systems like the Vita and Wii U need price drops of they're going to be buried. It really is amazing how much dead space is taken by old Wii and DS games and Wii U and Vita games and demo kiosks. This is NOT going to last when the heavy hitters arrive.

I don't get the rush to be honest. Had an opportunity to buy the MW3 bundle all week for 50% off and didn't. When PS4 and XB1 launch, its inevitable the prices of the predecessors will go down as well, and with the updated 360 model. I'm ready for a price war, there's zero chance systems are going to languish on the shelves and take up floor space when the new systems arrive. Even 'active' systems like the Vita and Wii U need price drops of they're going to be buried. It really is amazing how much dead space is taken by old Wii and DS games and Wii U and Vita games and demo kiosks. This is NOT going to last when the heavy hitters arrive.
Well the $150 console was trading at GS for $225, plus what the game and extra controller would have fetched, until a few days ago when the base value dropped $50.

I know this isn't part of the of the clearance thread, but got the elusive B2G1 coupon (can't find the other thread) from target today with a new expiration of 9/9/2013. Didnt find anything worth mentioning for clearances games.
If they keep extending it I can get GTA V for freeeee.

Well the $150 console was trading at GS for $225, plus what the game and extra controller would have fetched, until a few days ago when the base value dropped $50.
Not bad I guess, but my total apathy about the state of gaming these days, I wouldn't even know what to do with 100 dollars worth of 'free' credit for $150 and tax.

Not bad I guess, but my total apathy about the state of gaming these days, I wouldn't even know what to do with 100 dollars worth of 'free' credit for $150 and tax.
Buy Amazon credit then buy non-gaming things? Or buy gas cards, or restaurant cards or cards for any number of things they sell that aren't gaming related. Well, assuming the price rebounds.

The store near me had an Infamous 2 PS3 and an Uncharted 3 (320GB) PS3.

It sucks that neither of them were on sale though.
One of my closest Target stores still has a 320gb PS Move bundle sitting in their case. I checked it today while I was out. It's still $299.99. I double checked it on the in-store scanners after having the cashier in electronics check with their handheld scanner.

But not everybody is going to run out and buy a $400-500 new system and then pay at least $60 a game right off the bat. I'll probably wait till Sony and MS are ready to call it a day on the PS3 and 360 before I buy either an Xbox One or a PS4. With the backlog I have I could probably wait till the PS5 is out to get a PS4 in all honesty.

I checked Target in Cape Girardeau, MO. No clearance endcap or reduced systems. Haven't seen a clearance game besides a stack of a PS2 WWE game.

Nothing else worth mentioning...

Just got back and exchanged my 250GB Holiday Bundle with the CoD: MW3 Bundle! Hate the rude service I get sometimes too. No offense but, I'm only asking people to check multiple SKU's, price checks, and double bag. They act like such dicks as if I'm asking them to sell me multiple products cheaper than they sell it and give me a gift card.

Anyways, big score! Might trade it in for a good profit but I'm sure Gamestop and Amazon prices are crap now for these.

Also got a 2TB Mac HDD from OD for $40! Thank you SlickDeals! Great deals all around.

My local store that had the CoD Xbox had another one left. Going to go back next week and see if the price lowers. Hopefully it does and no one buys it so I can price adjust.

EDIT: There was also a 4GB Bundle for $179.99 at my local store.

I stopped checking targets around 2010 for clearance. It just seemed like a waste of time and the milwaukee area stores I went to just started giving everything to goodwill so they could charge MSRP for it, or just stopped dropping prices on things in general.

Are things better now in general for target clearance? cause I think the last time i bought anything there was a year or more ago. and all i've seen in the last few i've been in is some PS2 wrestling games.

Last edited:
Are things better now in general for target clearance? cause I think the last time i bought anything there was a year or more ago. and all i've seen in the last few i've been in is some PS2 wrestling games.
It comes and goes in general and by store. Around here it's become incredibly dead again after it picked up for a couple months after being beyond dead for a long while.

yeah, barely any clearance at my local Target lately.  Only decent drop was a couple "online item" Amazing Spiderman Blu/DVD combo for $8.76.  Stopped at another Target yesterday that had a stack of the PS2 WWE games lol

One of my closest Target stores still has a 320gb PS Move bundle sitting in their case. I checked it today while I was out. It's still $299.99. I double checked it on the in-store scanners after having the cashier in electronics check with their handheld scanner.

But not everybody is going to run out and buy a $400-500 new system and then pay at least $60 a game right off the bat. I'll probably wait till Sony and MS are ready to call it a day on the PS3 and 360 before I buy either an Xbox One or a PS4. With the backlog I have I could probably wait till the PS5 is out to get a PS4 in all honesty.
I wouldn't touch a day one Xbox One after the 360 hardware fiasco (or any other launch console). MS probably learned their lesson, but never hurts to wait a while to confirm if there are any major issues. And after the initial launch, there is always a long lag where there are no games released, so doesn't hurt to wait until a much better software library exists.

I re-checked the 320gb PS Move older version slim PS3 bundle today while at Target. Still freakin $299.99. There's only ONE of the newer scanners in my closest Target that even allows you to hit the far right button to bring up the touch screen method to enter the item #'s. It's all the way up the front. I guess just like Kmart they keep disabling the self check so you'll actually get the employees to do something other than bs all day.

Question: if your local Target had a 16 gig iPad marked down to $449.99 as a repackaged item, would you buy it? I'm fairly certain it's the Retina one.

Saw Fallout trilogy for PC *online item* at $6.91.  I was very tempted but can't remember the last time I played a PC game.  Should I go back for it?

I'm still hoping that the white 500GB PS3 will hit clearance sometime, but I'm with jer; I haven't seriously gone through Target clearance in like a year. Either they just aren't putting good stuff on clearance in my area, or there are too many piranhas in the tank.

I'm still hoping that the white 500GB PS3 will hit clearance sometime, but I'm with jer; I haven't seriously gone through Target clearance in like a year. Either they just aren't putting good stuff on clearance in my area, or there are too many piranhas in the tank.
Probably both at different times. The clearance at my store can be spotty...but when they DO dump a bunch of really good stuff in there, the clearance endcap usually looks like it's been hit by a tornado within a day or two.

Not exactly video game related but I got a pair of Skullcandy Aviators for $52.xx, forgot the decimal but I thought that was a pretty good price for these.

Not exactly video game related but I got a pair of Skullcandy Aviators for $52.xx, forgot the decimal but I thought that was a pretty good price for these.
Yeah, I saw those over here as well. Hear that they're supposed to be surprisingly good but out of my price range.

A number of us got it CLEARANCE for $3x.xx. A few got it AS IS for $9.xx.
And a few of us have been getting them for the cost of the 2 cheapest games they can find at Target, via the magic B2G1 coupon ;)

Along with a stack of WWE my Target had a large stack of Cooking Mama 4 3DS for $4.56 each

Speaking of cheap filler for the coupon, the clearanced Cooking Mama and Gardening Mama games for < $5 have been wonderful. Nothing like 2 x $5 + free $179.99/$119.99 games...

Saw Fallout trilogy for PC *online item* at $6.91. I was very tempted but can't remember the last time I played a PC game. Should I go back for it?
I wouldn't. The 3rd game was just on sale for $5 with all DLC at Steam Summer Sale. The 1st two games are free on Gamefly Unlimited PC Play (since you can play UPP games offline, I'm assuming you can keep playing them even after the free trial expires).

I wouldn't. The 3rd game was just on sale for $5 with all DLC at Steam Summer Sale. The 1st two games are free on Gamefly Unlimited PC Play (since you can play UPP games offline, I'm assuming you can keep playing them even after the free trial expires).
When he's talking about Fallout Trilogy I'm pretty sure he means this in some form since it's been released in a number of different retail packages with the same contents: http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Trilogy-3-Pack-Compilation-Pc/dp/B001V9PTVE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374612249&sr=8-1&keywords=fallout+trilogy

It's not a terrible price but it does show up on Steam or GOG for about that price, or a little less, two or three times a year.

The weaker clearance offerings are a sign of the times. When there are tons of games coming out, clearance items show up more regularly. This year is noticeably leaner than usual. The past few years have been stuffed with games. This year we're going to be seeing fewer retail games actually come to market. And of course, we are in the middle of the summer doldrums right now, so its not surprising to see clearance items tapering off.

In another couple of months you should start to see the Target endcaps filling up again as retailers make shelf space for the glut of fall titles.

Question: if your local Target had a 16 gig iPad marked down to $449.99 as a repackaged item, would you buy it? I'm fairly certain it's the Retina one.
Again, I hate to quote myself, but any thoughts? I'm seriously thinking about going for this deal. My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 sucks...

Again, I hate to quote myself, but any thoughts? I'm seriously thinking about going for this deal. My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 sucks...
In general I wouldn't buy an opened iPad unless I was allowed to physically hold the item first and hopefully verify that it functions still as well. I don't know what the CS rep did to actually verify the item when they returned it and it's not exactly uncommon to find a broken iPad in an opened package or something that not even an iPad. That's me though and I wouldn't throw that much money at a question mark personally.

No new games at my Target this week however they had 2-3 SONY NSZ-GS7 (dcpi 008-06-1511) Google TV Internet PLayers. Original $200 marked down to $100. If youre looking for one of these it appears a good deal as Ebay is holding around $150 for them

In general I wouldn't buy an opened iPad unless I was allowed to physically hold the item first and hopefully verify that it functions still as well. I don't know what the CS rep did to actually verify the item when they returned it and it's not exactly uncommon to find a broken iPad in an opened package or something that not even an iPad. That's me though and I wouldn't throw that much money at a question mark personally.
Yeah, this particular store has two, so I might have a choice between them, but that makes sense. $449 is still a lot of dough for me, which is why I went for the Galaxy Tab 2 in the first place, so I wouldn't want to get stuck with a piece of crap. I might just download Deathsmiles off Google Play like I've been wanting to do. A $10 Google Play card is a lot less of an imposition on my budget than a $449 iPad that might not work once I get it home.

Yeah, this particular store has two, so I might have a choice between them, but that makes sense. $449 is still a lot of dough for me, which is why I went for the Galaxy Tab 2 in the first place, so I wouldn't want to get stuck with a piece of crap. I might just download Deathsmiles off Google Play like I've been wanting to do. A $10 Google Play card is a lot less of an imposition on my budget than a $449 iPad that might not work once I get it home.
Yeah, I started with a Galaxy Tab 2 10" realized it wasn't that hot for the price then went to an iPad mini. Realized that while the quality was significantly better I was barely using it so I sold it to Gamestop for the same amount I originally paid for it and now have a Nook HD+ that's rooted to stock Android.

Yeah, I started with a Galaxy Tab 2 10" realized it wasn't that hot for the price then went to an iPad mini. Realized that while the quality was significantly better I was barely using it so I sold it to Gamestop for the same amount I originally paid for it and now have a Nook HD+ that's rooted to stock Android.
It's possible that I can get a better deal on an iPad later this year either through a discount or a store gift card deal, so I think I'll pass. Plus, I probably need more than 16 gigs. Thanks, Eldritch.

It's possible that I can get a better deal on an iPad later this year either through a discount or a store gift card deal, so I think I'll pass. Plus, I probably need more than 16 gigs. Thanks, Eldritch.
You also know that it's almost guaranteed that they'll announce a new model of at least one of the iPads either in the next two months for the holidays or just after. Last time round there were discounts and gift card offers like crazy if you were getting an iPad2 or iPad3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back