Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Heyyy... Not as bad as the noob that bought 8 copies of Pikmin 2 in that Best Buy sale thread!:booty:

Plus, these were $2.98 each before discount![/QUOTE]

I had bought close to 25 copies of the game, flipped 20 of them for $126 gs credit thru the 15 stores near me. Then let someone I work with on the deal, selling the remainder for cost. Mad profits.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I had bought close to 25 copies of the game, flipped 20 of them for $126 gs credit thru the 15 stores near me. Then let someone I work with on the deal, selling the remainder for cost. Mad profits.[/QUOTE]

You've made a little less than $20 after going through 15 different stores? :roll:

[quote name='leopaw']You've made a little less than $20 after going through 15 different stores? :roll:[/QUOTE]

But they were "on his way, anyway". Ha

That's the typical response I expect to see about gas.

turning 20 copies to gamestop for 20$ profit is ”mad profit” ????? by god this is one of the worst flips ive ever seen smh x 100. using the 3/10 promo would have gotten you much more. you probibly dropped off two or less at each gamestop didnt you

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Got the last Xbox wireless racing wheel for $11.98! Thanks!:D

Also got the last 6 Sims 3DS for $12 with the b2g1 free sale!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Shocked that they has so many copies.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']
Plus, these were $2.98 each before discount![/QUOTE]

I was debating buying Sims 3 3DS when I saw they had a bunch (kinda hidden too). I wanted to boost up my 3DS collection but felt it probably wasn't a good game to play or nets me enough to flip. I put it back.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']I was debating buying Sims 3 3DS when I saw they had a bunch (kinda hidden too). I wanted to boost up my 3DS collection but felt it probably wasn't a good game to play or nets me enough to flip. I put it back.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop still gives $6 credit for them, but you can only trade in 2 at a time. They normally wont take multiple copies of a game, but for handheld games they make an exception. At least the ones around me.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']O:) Lol!

Oh. And, I made a big find yesterday. Only 1 person in here has mentioned it. Gonna check 2 more stores today.[/QUOTE]

So what exactly is this big find?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']So what exactly is this big find?[/QUOTE]
We won't know until all the stores in ChunLi's area no longer have the deal.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']O:) Lol!

Oh. And, I made a big find yesterday. Only 1 person in here has mentioned it. Gonna check 2 more stores today.[/QUOTE]

probably the vita bundle mentioned a couple of pages back if I were to guess.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']probably the vita bundle mentioned a couple of pages back if I were to guess.[/QUOTE] was it the Batman bundle?

One of my stores unearthed a stash of PSPs from the back room which somehow haven't gone salvage or clearance. Even the employee was a bit mystified.

Speaking of Batman bundles, two of my local Targets _only_ have Batman Vita bundles and no other options. Weird.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']probably the vita bundle mentioned a couple of pages back if I were to guess.[/QUOTE]

No. It's
:360: AC III Limited Edition $35.98

Haven't headed out, yet. I will get to Targets later.

I think I missed the Vita bundle chat. Hmmm...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']No. It's

I think I missed the Vita bundle chat. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

Boss that you found one - when it first came out there were a handful of reports of people finding it at 50% off. I never price check em but every store near me has a copy.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']No. It's

I think I missed the Vita bundle chat. Hmmm...[/QUOTE]
Well damn I just left Target a few minutes ago.

[quote name='handsomepete']Boss that you found one - when it first came out there were a handful of reports of people finding it at 50% off. I never price check em but every store near me has a copy.[/QUOTE]

:D

The cashier hesitated to tell me the price, but told me when I was going to look at the screen for myself. I know I could have used a price checker, but it was a spur of the moment 'grab and ask' since someone was near by and I remembered it from the old Target Clearance Thread.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Well damn I just left Target a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

Of the 4 stores I checked last night, 2 had it at full price and another didn't have one. Then, of course, there's the store where I bought it that started my hunt.

I've never seen an ACIII LE at any retail store around me (Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, TRU, etc). I just assumed they lowered their production numbers.

[quote name='handsomepete']Boss that you found one - when it first came out there were a handful of reports of people finding it at 50% off. I never price check em but every store near me has a copy.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I don't recall anyone here reporting finding them at 50% off late last year; I know I reported finding them at 70% off i.e. $35.98 when I picked mine up. I don't think it even started at anything other than 70% off, and that was only at a very few stores. The PS3 ones never did go on clearance to the best of my knowledge. I'll have to check stores around me, as a couple of them still have both versions in stock...

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I haven't seen anything worth a damn in the DFW area in so long. Any other DFW/North Texas CAG's have any luck in a while?[/QUOTE]
Haven't seen a single game on clearance in over a month in Sherman, Just a bunch of camera's and iphone cases

Wow I would love to get a PS3 AC3 LE at that price...

Although that statue is pretty sweet and all I really wanted from that LE so perhaps I could just pick up a 360 version and trade the game into BB for $23.10.

Now I just gotta hope that one of my local Target's put them on clearance.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']

Of the 4 stores I checked last night, 2 had it at full price and another didn't have one. Then, of course, there's the store where I bought it that started my hunt.[/QUOTE]

What kind of sticker has it on? Clearance, As Is... etc?

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I haven't seen anything worth a damn in the DFW area in so long. Any other DFW/North Texas CAG's have any luck in a while?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's never anything at the North Texas Targets anymore.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I've never seen an ACIII LE at any retail store around me (Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, TRU, etc). I just assumed they lowered their production numbers.[/QUOTE]

I've seen too many to count all at $120 >.>

I quit checking sometime after Christmas. Haven't found anything worth a damn in months. Seems like they only have good stock 2-3 times a year around D/FW and the stores that have the stock seem to rotate.

[quote name='Deader2818']its 6 dollar base at game stop. 8.40 with 40% bump. 9.60 with 60%[/QUOTE]

Oh...well good to know. I just assumed it was probably less. I'm not much for flipping so I probably wouldn't of grabbed a bunch to trade in. Thanks for providing info though.

[quote name='Chedeng88']What kind of sticker has it on? Clearance, As Is... etc?[/QUOTE]

You'll probably have to check the scanners in store. DPCI, IIRC, is 207-22-0781...and 207-24-0781 for PS3 version...or is that vice-versa? I just remember the DPCI because I checked it so many times at various stores since a couple of stores cleared them out near me back last November or early December.

saw four of these (two for each system) at a location earlier this afternoon, so i decided to go back to see if i could have picked one up at that price but when i arrived there was only one left!

... but it rang up at full price, so i left it there :(

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, I don't recall anyone here reporting finding them at 50% off late last year; I know I reported finding them at 70% off i.e. $35.98 when I picked mine up. I don't think it even started at anything other than 70% off, and that was only at a very few stores. The PS3 ones never did go on clearance to the best of my knowledge. I'll have to check stores around me, as a couple of them still have both versions in stock...[/QUOTE]

Oh wow! So more people found it!

I first saw it on this page:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329465&page=18

When trying to get to that page, I just saw it on this page:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329465&page=21

Lol:)

[quote name='Chedeng88']What kind of sticker has it on? Clearance, As Is... etc?[/QUOTE]

There was no sticker on mine.

DPCI:207-22-0781

So decided to stop by my Target and I happened to find Assassins Creed III LE..but for a CRAZYYY PRICE!

$9.06
I tried to resize pic but it blurs the price so i just put it in spoiler
JT8skQp.jpg

[quote name='jonnysniper']So decided to stop by my Target and I happened to find Assassins Creed III LE..but for a CRAZYYY PRICE!

$9.06
I tried to resize pic but it blurs the price so i just put it in spoiler
JT8skQp.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I call photoshop, lol.

Anyway, it is an As-Is sticker which has it's own pricing scheme upon itself. Nice find tho!

[quote name='StryderOmega']I call photoshop, lol.

Anyway, it is an As-Is sticker which has it's own pricing scheme upon itself. Nice find tho![/QUOTE]

Yeah i thought it was a pricing error cause sticker says original price $35.98 but hey I'll take it! lol

[quote name='jonnysniper']Yeah i thought it was a pricing error cause sticker says original price $35.98 but hey I'll take it! lol[/QUOTE]

They took it's clearance price, last known price in the system at the time I guess, then applied the As - Is discount to it and that's how it came to be. Definitely more of an extreme YMMV as this had to be a return.

[quote name='StryderOmega']They took it's clearance price, last known price in the system at the time I guess, then applied the As - Is discount to it and that's how it came to be. Definitely more of an extreme YMMV as this had to be a return.[/QUOTE]

I see. Well Regardless I'm Extremely happy to have nabbed it. Thanks ChunLi!

Went to a local Target and found Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U for 9.XX. Anyone know how much this trades in at Best Buy? 2 Copies left

Oh I didnt pick any up. I was just wondering what the value was because they seemed really cheap at 9.XX. Well anyways still 2 copies left where i found them in some random employee cart.

[quote name='tacoman132']Oh I didnt pick any up. I was just wondering what the value was because they seemed really cheap at 9.XX. Well anyways still 2 copies left where i found them in some random employee cart.[/QUOTE]

Pick me up one!

This AC3LE stuff reminds me of the Halo Reach LE. I found tons of them at full price long after people had reported all their stores had clearanced them out.

[quote name='yantelope']This AC3LE stuff reminds me of the Halo Reach LE. I found tons of them at full price long after people had reported all their stores had clearanced them out.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a ton of brotherhood LE's but they are $60 at multiple places, only place I've ever gotten a cheap CE is amazon >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back