Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been meaning to ask. Where exactly can I find these low priced games at? I'm they wouldn't be up on the shelves with the new games, right? Because I was at my local Targets and not one time did I see any games that had the clearance tag on them. I see that it's YMMV but shouldn't all Targets have a clearance bin somewhere?

[quote name='xlost4']I've been meaning to ask. Where exactly can I find these low priced games at? I'm they wouldn't be up on the shelves with the new games, right? Because I was at my local Targets and not one time did I see any games that had the clearance tag on them. I see that it's YMMV but shouldn't all Targets have a clearance bin somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Check back end caps (facing walls) as these are supposed to be its home. However, as of late they can be scattered anywhere in electronics.

Clearanced games are YMMV. I went to 4-5 Targets within the past few days.
Target 1) Had literally 40-50 clearanced games of all types. Some great deals some poor deals.
Target 2) Had like 3 clearanced games. All crap.
Target 3) Had 20 clearanced copies of Green Lantern for DS.
Target 4) No clearanced games.

Found a ton of copies of
PS3 MLB The Show 12 for $8.99
PS3 NBA 2k12 for $8.99
And a single copy of FIFA 13 for DS for $11.99

All 3 of the Targets never have anything but I usually go out on Sundays as I take run up to the Buffalo area anyway that day. Check all the local stores for anything good. Rarely seem to find anything any more.

Stopped by Target in front of Sports Arena in San Diego hoping for ACIII Limited but it wasn't marked down. As I was leaving I checked the thread and remembered the wireless racing wheel. Went back and found one, checked the price and it was $11.98. Tried it with NFS MW and it's OK but that game is too chaotic for the wheel.

Edit: That Target has a ton of stuff on clearance in every department. Prices were no too good but they may be in the future

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Clearanced games are YMMV. I went to 4-5 Targets within the past few days.
Target 1) Had literally 40-50 clearanced games of all types. Some great deals some poor deals.
Target 2) Had like 3 clearanced games. All crap.
Target 3) Had 20 clearanced copies of Green Lantern for DS.
Target 4) No clearanced games.[/QUOTE]

Any of those great deals not mentioned in this thread already? It's always nice to know what to be looking for when I go.

[quote name='dodgeme']All 3 of the Targets never have anything but I usually go out on Sundays as I take run up to the Buffalo area anyway that day. Check all the local stores for anything good. Rarely seem to find anything any more.[/QUOTE]

Normally clearance drop day for electronics is Monday so you're probably just a day early.

Of course Target clearance isn't what it used to be; I used to travel the next town over because there were always decent drops every week. I stopped taking those trips about a year ago when the deals dried up.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Normally clearance drop day for electronics is Monday so you're probably just a day early.

Of course Target clearance isn't what it used to be; I used to travel the next town over because there were always decent drops every week. I stopped taking those trips about a year ago when the deals dried up.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's sad. Gas prices plus traffic makes these hunts no where near worthwhile now.

Today was the first time in a long while that I found multiple games at 70% off that I was interested in (Rayman and BF:BC2). I was so delirious I almost bought some Cabela's Kinect game before I came to my senses.

[quote name='salty tbone']Today was the first time in a long while that I found multiple games at 70% off that I was interested in (Rayman and BF:BC2). I was so delirious I almost bought some Cabela's Kinect game before I came to my senses.[/QUOTE]

:D that shit will happen sometimes. Good job on refusing to crumble!

[quote name='uhnsk']Any of those great deals not mentioned in this thread already? It's always nice to know what to be looking for when I go.[/QUOTE]
Nope. All the good ones were listed on here already.
[quote name='salty tbone']Today was the first time in a long while that I found multiple games at 70% off that I was interested in (Rayman and BF:BC2). I was so delirious I almost bought some Cabela's Kinect game before I came to my senses.[/QUOTE]
Worst case scenario, you could try it out and then trade it in for at least as much as you paid for it at GameStop. Not as good as cash, but you could just convert it over to Amazon money.

[quote name='salty tbone']I was so delirious I almost bought some Cabela's Kinect game before I came to my senses.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! You resisted the urge to buy a shit game? I'm impressed! Most of CAG will praise anything just because it's on sale.

[quote name='xlost4']I've been meaning to ask. Where exactly can I find these low priced games at? I'm they wouldn't be up on the shelves with the new games, right? Because I was at my local Targets and not one time did I see any games that had the clearance tag on them. I see that it's YMMV but shouldn't all Targets have a clearance bin somewhere?[/QUOTE]
Most stores have them on the back end of the gaming walls. One store here includes them with the other games, though.

Went to 2 more targets in my area (st pete, fl) but mostly just junk. I did find a single copy of Battlefield 2 ultimate that I picked up. No Rayman origins around here.

Target in Franklin, TN (Columbia Ave, not Cool Springs):

:wii: Nyko Wiimotes, assorted colors $16.08
:wii: Nyko Wii Nunchuks, assorted colors $7.68
:3ds: Pokemon styluses, assorted $6.98
:3ds: Red mushroom earbuds $6.98
:ps3: GH: Warriors of Rock super-big band bundle $37.48
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Masters $8.98
:ps3: WWE '12 $8.98
:ps3: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Greatest Hits) $13.98
:ps3: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition $5.98
:ps3: Dualshock with baseball design $38.48
:360: Cabela's Adventure Camp $8.98
:360: Hole in the Wall $8.98
:ds: Green Lantern: Some Manhunters Subtitle $5.98
:ds: Carnival Games: I Couldn't Even Guess the Subtitle $5.98
Atari Arcade thingy for iPad $34.98

Picked up nothin'.

Note that this visit was made at about 9 PM last night and there were only one or two copies of each game.

[quote name='dodgeme']All 3 of the Targets never have anything but I usually go out on Sundays as I take run up to the Buffalo area anyway that day. Check all the local stores for anything good. Rarely seem to find anything any more.[/QUOTE]
The Orchard Park store usually has the most stuff. I rarely see anything at the Galleria and Lancaster stores.

Just saying that I played Cabela's Adventure Camp with the PS Move. The game is decent, but very short, fairly easy, and is very kiddy. I imagine it would be fun with a few people competing for the best score. It was an easy plat with the Move, but I'm not sure how responsive the game would be with the Kinect.

Found some good ones but not quiet the price I'm shooting for
Dead or alive 5 plus vita $27.98
Wwe 12 wii $8.98
Castlevania mirror of fate 3ds 27.98
Naruto powerful shippuden 3DS 19.98
Tiger woods PGA tour 14 master historic edition PS3 and 360 $34.98

Also there was clearance tag on bioshock infinite premium edition unfortunately someone had bought. I typed in the DCPI and it came up 39.98 so someone might want to check there stores
Bioshock infinite ps3 $39.98

[quote name='jonnysniper']Found some good ones but not quiet the price I'm shooting for
Wwe 12 wii $8.98

Also there was clearance tag on bioshock infinite premium edition unfortunately someone had bought. I typed in the DCPI and it came up 39.98 so someone might want to check there stores
Bioshock infinite ps3 $39.98[/QUOTE]

Do you have the dpci for castlevania by any chance?

Edit: Just kidding, it's still on the site. This is it:207-02-1426
Online number:14302568

207 02 1426

tROHp1h.jpg
]

[quote name='PimpBot2000']I saw this last night:

Justin Bieber Singing Toothbrush $2.98, was $9.99
IMG_112.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Was debating getting the Gaga version of that from Best Buy. Was $4.99 and came with Bad Romance and Express Yourself....uuuhh..I mean...Born This Way.

[quote name='enigma']Scored Rayman: Origins for a buddy for $5.98 and lucked out and found this:

3u6ade5y.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#About $8.71 too much.

wow, IGN gave Castlevania a 4.7....I tried the demo yesterday and didn't seem that bad. I'll probably pick it up if it gets a little lower.

[quote name='breakfuss']wow, IGN gave Castlevania a 4.7....I tried the demo yesterday and didn't seem that bad. I'll probably pick it up if it gets a little lower.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I have a feeling there may have been something up that guy's rear end while reviewing the game. I played the demo and it was enjoyable, then again I'm a sucker for castlevania. But I mean... 4.7? Really?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Was debating getting the Gaga version of that from Best Buy. Was $4.99 and came with Bad Romance and Express Yourself....uuuhh..I mean...Born This Way.
[/QUOTE]

Whammy! :applause:

metacritc score is 73/10 and 7.2 user review. Its not a bad game but a lot of people didn't like it because it wasnt metroidvania style.

[quote name='jonnysniper']Found some good ones but not quiet the price I'm shooting for
Wwe 12 wii $8.98

What's going on with the braindead employees clearancing recently released games? Except for WWE 12, all of those titles were released within the last month..

You can't force an item on clearance, its clearance in the system as sent down by corporate. When you do clearance all you do is scan items and when its on clearance, it will print out a tag for that item.

A report will even come out with what items are ready for mark down.

So no, the employees arent brain dead, its something in the system that is wrong and they can't fix it. Even if you don't put a clearance label on it, its still going to scan at the clearance price.

[quote name='jonnysniper']

The stores near me show limited stock. Might have to check it out tomorrow.

Probably another accidental clearance deal like when they put the special edition of Operation Raccoon City on clearance for like $30 or $35 a week after release...or the 3DS version of Angry Birds Trilogy on clearance for like $15 during its release week. They usually catch it and fix it within a couple days, though, so get it while it's hot!

As a Team Member it's funny seeing what other stores have on clearance. The only games on clearance at my store are like two year old sports games.

And Katy Perry isn't worth $8. Talent lacking fools. Should have bought Born To Slay or the HBO Special.

[quote name='Deader2818']You can't force an item on clearance, its clearance in the system as sent down by corporate. When you do clearance all you do is scan items and when its on clearance, it will print out a tag for that item.

So no, the employees arent brain dead, its something in the system that is wrong and they can't fix it. Even if you don't put a clearance label on it, its still going to scan at the clearance price.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for assuming the store emloyees are doing it. The guys at corporate must be the braindead ones...

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I grabbed two copies of Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Complete Band Edition for 37.xx each yesterday.

It includes the Game, Guitar, Drums, and Mic

If someone would snag the dpci for DOA5+ (vita) I'd be much obliged - I've been looking for it since release at Target stores and none of my stores have put it out / received it / whatever.

[quote name='handsomepete']If someone would snag the dpci for DOA5+ (vita) I'd be much obliged - I've been looking for it since release at Target stores and none of my stores have put it out / received it / whatever.[/QUOTE]

207 20 0121
UboatKZ.jpg

[quote name='handsomepete']If someone would snag the dpci for DOA5+ (vita) I'd be much obliged - I've been looking for it since release at Target stores and none of my stores have put it out / received it / whatever.[/QUOTE]

Says on website: sold online only

It is also sold out online with old cover art as the image. Seems to me either stock is extremely limited or Target bought a very small amount.

[quote name='Deader2818']You can't force an item on clearance, its clearance in the system as sent down by corporate. When you do clearance all you do is scan items and when its on clearance, it will print out a tag for that item.

So no, the employees arent brain dead, its something in the system that is wrong and they can't fix it. Even if you don't put a clearance label on it, its still going to scan at the clearance price.[/QUOTE]

True till the end. The employee can confirm the price drop or deny it. However they don't work in electronics so why the hell would they care.

Example: if a clearance game sells out (or someone has hidden the last copy), the pricing team will deny it a further drop in the system.

I'd love to find Tiger 14 for $35. For some reason, Target always botches clearance with the Tiger series.

The only Target Clearance I found today that's of note is Easter candy. 50% off, plus I had a coupon for $1 off 2 bags of candy. Picked up 12 bags of various Mars brand candy for around $13

[quote name='No.']I'd love to find Tiger 14 for $35. For some reason, Target always botches clearance with the Tiger series.[/QUOTE]

This is the third year they've done this with the CE. It's seems to have been nation wide each time and only lasts for a couple day until they catch it. Have your local target scan a copy for you.

I remember the Tiger CE last year hitting $30 or $40 soon after release, then getting pulled at most stores. But glad I ended up waiting for its true clearance where I picked it up for $12. Unless you're really anxious for it now, it will probably show up again in a few months for less.

Wwe 12 wii $8.98

No go. Bioshock Infinite premium edition ps3 and Castlevania 3DS both rang up at full price, $79.99 and $39.99 respectively.

[quote name='Brother Daz']This is the third year they've done this with the CE. It's seems to have been nation wide each time and only lasts for a couple day until they catch it. Have your local target scan a copy for you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I managed to get a copy of it last year.

[quote name='MR_E']No go. Bioshock Infinite premium edition ps3 and Castlevania 3DS both rang up at full price, $79.99 and $39.99 respectively.[/QUOTE]

YMMV. Just keep the DPCI's handy and keep scanning if/when you visit different stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back