Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='goodnight144']Not sure if someone posted already but I saw the Turtlebeach limited edition MW3 foxtrot headset for like $41[/QUOTE]

Saw this at my local target as well, on top of the black ops 2 on.

Other things I saw include epic mickey controllers, epic mickey 3ds clamshells, malgrave something or other...

ACIII still ringing up 120 for both systems.

[quote name='Mr.collection']AC3 LE still came up as $120 for me.

Saw PS3 Dualshock3 MLB edition for $40[/QUOTE]

I saw this at the local store as well.

More info:
MLB 11 The Show Limited Edition White DualShock 3 with red baseball stitching decals
Price was $38.48, down from $54.99
DCPI is 207-00-1070
Only 1 of them was on the rack on Monday and it's probably already gone. South Visalia, CA is the store if you want to try your luck.

Just checked all the reported clearance DPCIs in a near home target and all are reported failures.

If anyone wants to give it a shot here are a bunch of DPCIs and UPCs:

Dead or Alive 5 +: 207 20 0121
Halo 4 LE: 207 22 0091
Batman AC GOTY UPC: 883929238842
Bioshock Infinite (standard): 207 22 0599
Bioshock Infinite Premium UPC: 008888317159
Tomb Raider: 207 22 0633
WoW cataclysm CE: 201 02 0953
New Vegas Ultimate: 207 22 0699
Tiger woods 14 Masters: 207 22 0859
Assassins Creed 3 CE UPC: 008888597711

These are all for 360 versions (except for the obvious games that are PC/Vita only)

I also checked ACIII CE and it was sold so it is no longer in the system.

Also, anyone know if the green dots, as opposed to the gray dots, mean discontinued? Target employee might know the answer to that one. I know gray means out of stock.

Target employee here! If an item is has a gray dot, it means that the instocks team has gone through to research the item. They let the system know that they are out and it triggers the system to order more. Not all the time, but a good chunk, it means that the specific item is still active in the system.

I have actually never seen green dots. The only thing I can think of would be some sort of usage at maybe a Super Target? I work at a regular one and have never seen those kinds.

[quote name='moses57']I have actually never seen green dots. The only thing I can think of would be some sort of usage at maybe a Super Target? I work at a regular one and have never seen those kinds.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they don't mean a thing and ran out of gray ones. Haha, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did mean discontinued. Was next to both CEs and a Skylanders Wii bundle. (Also next to both models of the Wii U, but I know from working at Target back in the day, that some stuff gets discontinued for no reason and a couple days later be active again.)

Also the store I went to last night was a lot cleaner with the exception for whomever puts up the plannogram for electronics. Fill the empty spaces! That is retail 101 and I did it all the time when I worked there. Throw up a blank tag and place a game there, easy fix, haha.

Unless they moved the games I haven't seen any at my Target for months...last I saw was some shovelware crap. They even took out the electronic clearance completely for a while having just a bunch of one item. The section is back now just no games.

In fact I can't even remember the last time I bought a game on clearance there. It was probably at least a year ago if not more.

mine had Rayman Origins PS3 $5.98. They also had Freaky Forms 3DS $5.98. I found 2 "as is" complete second seasons of True Blood blu ray sets for $12.56 each.

thanks! found battlefield bad copy ultimate at target! yay!
btw, can someone link me to the toys r us clearance thread? thanks guys!

Had the COD headsets in my target. Anybody by chance get those? I need a headset and i was wondering if they were worth it

[quote name='Pasicho']Pardon my noob question but how do you use a dpci code to your advantage?[/QUOTE]
The price scanners around Target can enter a DCPI into it by using the keypad. Type in the DCPI and it will tell you the current price of it, as well as if there are any in stock. If your price scanners are broken and cannot enter a DCPI like some of mine, give the DCPI to the employees and they will be able to do the same on their computer.

Some Targets have upgraded and no longer use the DPCI keypad. Better off figuring out how to use the UPC Database and printing a list of upcs(some people on this board know how) or, as above, giving the DPCI to a sales associate.

[quote name='yedgee']Saw Defiance PS3 on clearance for $41.98 today.
Didn't that game just come out?[/QUOTE]

Really? What store? I might pick it up at that price.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Some Targets have upgraded and no longer use the DPCI keypad. Better off figuring out how to use the UPC Database and printing a list of upcs(some people on this board know how) or, as above, giving the DPCI to a sales associate.[/QUOTE]

I have a UPC barcode maker app. Best .99 ever spent. Only downside is that I can't name them.

Also a lot faster scanning barcodes than punching in DPCIs

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Some Targets have upgraded and no longer use the DPCI keypad. Better off figuring out how to use the UPC Database and printing a list of upcs(some people on this board know how) or, as above, giving the DPCI to a sales associate.[/QUOTE]

Press the button on the far right, brings up a number pad on the touchscreen :cool:

[quote name='StryderOmega']I have a UPC barcode maker app. Best .99 ever spent. Only downside is that I can't name them.

Also a lot faster scanning barcodes than punching in DPCIs[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this idea. Just downloaded Barcode Architect (for free) from the Play Store and it's awesome. If you have an Android phone, I'd check it out. Allows naming, amongst a ton of other features.

[quote name='vicktor']Press the button on the far right, brings up a number pad on the touchscreen :cool:[/QUOTE]

That's what I had been doing for a while, but recently it seems they have disabled that feature at the targets I go to. Hopefully the system was just down or something.

[quote name='scottman']That's what I had been doing for a while, but recently it seems they have disabled that feature at the targets I go to. Hopefully the system was just down or something.[/QUOTE]

seems it's disabled per scanner (as opposed to system wide) in my experience, so you can just keep trying different ones until it works.

Picked up PS3 Force Unleashed for 5.98. Most of the stuff I saw a few days ago were wiped out. They did have God of War Collection (1+2) for 8.98

Tomb Raider was no longer on clearance but God of War Ascension was $41.98.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Tropico 4 clearance at anyones? It has been on the end cap amongst the other crap forever but is still 29.99 at my Target.

I finally found :360: Kinect Sports Season Two ($8.98), and :ps3: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ulitimate Edition ($5.98). These were in the value game/used game area which is off by magazines and PC Games not the normal electronics clearance endcap (which still had copies of :ps3: :360: Just Dance 3 ($11.98).

This is an old (non-super) smaller layout Target so while the video games/electronics section is all the way over against the wall, the magazines/PC section is at the other end of all the media (CD's, Blu-ray's, DVD's, Books, Magazines, then PC Games) almost back to the middle of the store.

[quote name='jlarlee']Had the COD headsets in my target. Anybody by chance get those? I need a headset and i was wondering if they were worth it[/QUOTE]

I have the Tangos and they are awesome work great for gaming and movies, only complaint is everyonce in a while there is a bit of static but not often and only lasts for a second or two when it does occur.

Visited both the Franklin, TN Targets today and other than some copies of :wii: Wipeout at $14.98, all games (not accessories) were WIPED in the last week. They weren't even that good...

[quote name='StryderOmega']I have a UPC barcode maker app. Best .99 ever spent. Only downside is that I can't name them.

Also a lot faster scanning barcodes than punching in DPCIs[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vicktor']Press the button on the far right, brings up a number pad on the touchscreen :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks!:)

I'm surprised nobody still has picked up the last remaining BF BC2 UE at my local Target yet. Probably because it doesn't have a clearance tag.

For tabletop gaming fans I grabbed Rune Age for 8.98 at E. Marlboro, MA store. There was one left yesterday. It was marked 22.98, but rang up 8.98.

Dead or alive 5 plus was an error. I went back to check if they had gone down but found that they were behind the counter with the clearance stickers removed.
Typing in the DCPI showed the price back at 39.99

Found a single copy of Rayman Origins for PS3 at $5.98. First decent game I've seen in months.

Also saw the Turtle Beach COD headsets at $41.98. I already have the Triton AX 180's from Target clearance over a year ago. If they're still around after a drop or two I might grab one.

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']Bought Saints Row the Third The Full Package for the PS3 on clearance for $14.98. It was the last copy at my local Target.[/QUOTE]

What's the DCPI?

[quote name='georgebot84']Nothing but MLB2k/NHL/TheShow 12

There was a 1TB WD external HD at the Willowbrook Target in Houston for 69.99[/QUOTE]

Didn't see any game deals but did pick up (3) 1TB Seagate expansion hard drives for 44.98 each. Now I can download 3 TBs worth of p0rn oh yeah!!! :D

[quote name='caMOFOg']Didn't see any game deals but did pick up (3) 1TB Seagate expansion hard drives for 44.98 each. Now I can download 3 TBs worth of p0rn oh yeah!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Portable or not? I'm guessing not. In either case, DCPI please?

[quote name='enigma']portable or not? I'm guessing not. In either case, dcpi please?[/quote]

dpci 080-00-0178

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back