Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doc_j88']
Also saw a 32gb Vita Memory card for $69.98

But here is my question..I hid the 32gb Vita card, will the clearance cycle continue or will it end on this item because staff will be unable to locate it, thinking it was stolen?

I ask this because i found out Clearance prices are in the system and ring up from the bar-code (price-scanner) and not the clearence sticker stuck on them unless AS-IS

So no matter if staff is unable to put a sticker on it showing it's new price i could easily come and scan the bar-code and see if the price was reduced by next weeks electronic mark down?[/QUOTE]

#1 - prepare for the onslaught of El Hoardo comments for hiding it (probably references to hiding it in the ladies undergarments section)

#2 - I have never seen a 32gb card at any of my ~10 local Targets, so that's pretty nuts all by itself. For anyone looking, here's the link.

#3 - It depends, but some stores choose to sweep drop prices and then update stickers instead of scanning them and printing new labels. Dunno the logistics of it, but it can definitely drop without being seen / touched by human hands.

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Found Syndicate (360) as-is for $5.06, should I pick it up? Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Personally I liked it, but be prepared for lots of bloom lighting.

[quote name='jessesixto']Stupid question...
Where would it be?[/QUOTE]

not at all. if you click on the "find in store" button a search window will pop up. under the game's title there should be a DCPI # and and Online Item #.

Picked up a Roku 2 XS for $50. Not sure if that is a good price, but I have been looking for one. Also, picked up the Amazing Spider Man CE for $20 and RE:R for $14.

I saw the ps3 usb hub for $15 and the ps3 camo ear thing for $20. I almost picked up ER s1 DVD for $4.56 and Rocky Balboa blu for $2.56, but I decided there was no way I would watch either of them.

Finally got some decent clearance

Black 360 wireless controller w/ transforming D-pad and P&C kit - 32.98
Live Gold Starter Kit - 37.98
Bioshock Premium Edition 360 - 23.98
1600 MS Points cards - 9.98
Red and Blue DS3 controllers - 27.98

Absolutely shocked at the Live points cards clearance, but glad I picked them up.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Finally got some decent clearance

Black 360 wireless controller w/ transforming D-pad and P&C kit - 32.98
Live Gold Starter Kit - 37.98
Bioshock Premium Edition 360 - 23.98
1600 MS Points cards - 9.98
Red and Blue DS3 controllers - 27.98

Absolutely shocked at the Live points cards clearance, but glad I picked them up.[/QUOTE]

gotta love money on clearance. as much as i hate the points vs $'s, they almost never clearance out $20 psn cards.

[quote name='doc_j88']Picked up Fifa 13 *(3DS) for $7.06 (DCPI: 207020940)

Picked up Infamous Collection controller bundle for $29.98 (DCPI: 207000185)

[quote name='GamerDude316']My guess is the Prima Guide, I saw it for that price at my Target as well.[/QUOTE]

Judging by the fact that someone got a Premium Edition of Bioshock for $23.98, I think I saw the tag for Premium edition as well. Hopefully it wasn't jus El Horado getting every single one of them they had

[quote name='icarusmight']D*ck move hiding that card.[/QUOTE]

Yep i know

I only acted out of character because it was such a rare find.

Target will have my money........eventually :cool:

Voorhees, NJ: A single PS3 Black Friday bundle (250 GB, Infamous Collection, Uncharted double pack) for $139.96 (Online Item, sadly). Disney Universe for Xbox 360 as-is'd for $5.06. The PS3 GoldenEye Move bundle at 30% off. And some Gateway laptops (NV56R24U) down to $300.98 after 30% off.

[quote name='deadtrees']Voorhees, NJ: A single PS3 Black Friday bundle (250 GB, Infamous Collection, Uncharted double pack) for $139.96 (Online Item, sadly). Disney Universe for Xbox 360 as-is'd for $5.06. The PS3 GoldenEye Move bundle at 30% off. And some Gateway laptops (NV56R24U) down to $300.98 after 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhh. I would totally bribe you to get me that bundle if it wouldn't cost so much to ship. I'd drive my ass to Jersey if I knew it'd still be there. :razz:

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']I guess the two obvious questions are:

1. What branding/design were the points cards?

and

2. Were they properly activated at the register?[/QUOTE]Cards were this design and yes, they did properly activate. Just redeemed them on my account! :D

[quote name='vballboy51']gotta love money on clearance. as much as i hate the points vs $'s, they almost never clearance out $20 psn cards.[/QUOTE]Indeed. Headed back tomorrow to pick up the rest if any are left for myself and possibly for trade. I'd be all over PSN cards if they start marking those down, too.

Hard to know what's true coming from Target electronics employees, but I commented at all the clearance that I saw and she said it came from corporate to start clearing space and that "someone had screwed up" LOL

I wish I was just remotely interested in RE since I'm always looking for cheap 3ds gamse, but I'm not....*sigh*. I don't even like it on consoles, lol.

Nothing good that I want or haven't played.

What I saw:

A bunch of Spylander Starter Pack (Wii, PS3, 360) $20.98
Rockstar Games Collection 4 in 1 $24.98
Mama Cooking 3 DS $4.98
Resident Evil Mercenaries/Revelations $20.98/$13.98
Zelda Ocarina of Time for $11.98
360 Tritton Headset $24.98

imag0996b.jpg

[quote name='webkatt']the modem is
docsis 2.0. i opted out of buying it because of it[/QUOTE]

Dang. So, I should get a refund?

Not a video game, but the Medina MN Target has the Amazing Spider-Man 4 disk collectors set for $20,this is the 3D version with the Spider-Man and Lizard statues. And I can confirm the clearance price on the Wii U stands, mic and the Infamous bundle up here too.

[quote name='doc_j88']Yep i know

I only acted out of character because it was such a rare find.

Target will have my money........eventually :cool:[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, if it was the only 32GB card there, they may have nothing to scan to drop the price or tag it, as it may.

I purchased a 4GB memory card, and the back was scanned at full price, and the DPCI had to be put in on the front to get the clearance price. You may have outsmarted yourself there.

Stopped by the Columbia Ave Target in Franklin, TN and spotted :3ds: Resident Evil: Revelations ("Revelaitons") at $13.98 and :3ds: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D at $20.98. I found it funny that the latter, more expensive one includes a demo for the former.

Warrington, PA location had RE:R for $9.98 and RE:TM3D for $14.98. Also saw some Skylanders stuff (think the one was a Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack for PS3) priced around $30. Other junk included UFC games for 360.

I bought nothing, and I liked it.

Second Target I went to today had nothing except the Portal Owners Skylander Giants set for $30 I wish it was the starter kit I would love to try Skylanders. And I also found Asuras Wrath PS3 for $20 but I passed on it since I already beat it on the Xbox.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Nothing good at my local store. I did find a scarlet ninjini but wouldn't ring up since apparently it's steet dated for 5/19...sigh[/QUOTE]

I didnt find any of those either where im at evidently they sold out fast

[quote name='gamechampion']I didnt find any of those either where im at evidently they sold out fast[/QUOTE]

Except they're street dated so they can't sell them... any they have are sitting in the back or waiting to be delivered.

[quote name='georox']Except they're street dated so they can't sell them... any they have are sitting in the back or waiting to be delivered.[/QUOTE]

Oh i didnt know this thanks for the info

Found Asuras Wrath for PS3 for $15 and a PS3 urban camo bluetooth headset for $20 today. Not really sure if those are good prices, or things I want, but that store was too far away to go back later.

Found a bunch of Biohazard Revo games for $10, though no copies of KH. Anyone who can find a copy of KH interested in a trade maybe =D (let me dream).

Just read on SD that you can get a free $2 in the ShopKick app.

"Just open the Shopkick app while you're entering the store, and within maybe 10 seconds near the entrance, it should pop up that you have an offer."

Interesting... Gonna try it.

Punched in all the DCPI's for the mentioned games and only came up with one: Resident Evil Revelations 3DS $9.98. Location:Stockroom

Didn't see anything that hasn't been reported already except for a dozen Wii U controller cradles for 9.98 ea. Also picked up copy of Personna 4 Arena with the soundtrack for $20 in the value games.

I was at Target today and they moved Street Fighter X tekken on PS3 and 360 to the under $20 shelf. PS3 version was $10 and Xbox 360 version was $12. They weren't on the clearance rack so it might be the same price in all the stores.

My two nearest targets shrunk their clearance sections. Very bare considering what they looked like. Found Ausra's Wrath ps3/360 for 14.98, Modnation vita 13.98. Same items at both stores that were over flowing were gone suddenly and the ps3 bluetooth that one store had multiple of were finally bought up I guess.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Just read on SD that you can get a free $2 in the ShopKick app.

"Just open the Shopkick app while you're entering the store, and within maybe 10 seconds near the entrance, it should pop up that you have an offer."

Interesting... Gonna try it.[/QUOTE]

They were running a video for this on the TVs while I was there but had a crabby two year old keeping me from trying.

[quote name='admiralvic']Found a bunch of Biohazard Revo games for $10, though no copies of KH. Anyone who can find a copy of KH interested in a trade maybe =D (let me dream).[/QUOTE]

Wish I had known this weeks ago, my store had TONS. I'll go back and see if they have any left, although I do remember them placing them back in their regular place on the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back