Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
number of drops at my Target today, including:

LBP PS Move bundle $90.xx
Several Goldeneye Reloaded PS3 bundles (I think this is the game and the move gun) for $70.xx
Sims 3 Pets LE 360/PS3 $4.76
Raving Rabbits Travel in Time Wii for $3.56
Resident Evil Revelations 3DS $13.98 (no misprinted copies)
Resident Evil Mercenaries 3DS $20.98
Nyko Charge Base for 360 controllers $12.xx

I passed on everything but considering going back for a Nyko base, anybody recommend those?

My Target still has 2 ps3 Assassins Creed III CE's, as well as two 360 copies. They already put Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition for $23.98 but still have AC3's at $119.99. I wish BB still had their $69.99 price online, so I could PM it. Or if I could prove that they have gone on clearance for $37.98 at other Targets. But I guess its just a waiting game until they put it on clearance :(

[quote name='TKSJOHN']My Target still has 2 ps3 Assassins Creed III CE's, as well as two 360 copies. They already put Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition for $23.98 but still have AC3's at $119.99. I wish BB still had their $69.99 price online, so I could PM it. Or if I could prove that they have gone on clearance for $37.98 at other Targets. But I guess its just a waiting game until they put it on clearance :([/QUOTE]

Mine still has a single 360 copy that I'd love to snag but it's also still at $119.99. Here's hoping for a drop or a advertised price elsewhere that can be matched.

[quote name='SackAttack']If anybody finds inexpensive clearance Legos, holler at me :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

In the current round of clearance I've seen a few of the LOTR sets on clearance - Gandalf arrives, Shelob Attack, and Weathertop. All 50% off at best, and mostly just 30% off.

Also, a couple of the city sets - one of the work trucks, can't remember which one it was (garbage truck, dump truck, or cement truck), and the prisoner transport.

[quote name='karkyco']In the current round of clearance I've seen a few of the LOTR sets on clearance - Gandalf arrives, Shelob Attack, and Weathertop. All 50% off at best, and mostly just 30% off.

Also, a couple of the city sets - one of the work trucks, can't remember which one it was (garbage truck, dump truck, or cement truck), and the prisoner transport.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Shelob Attacks yesterday. I think I got Gandalf Arrives as a gift, and while I want Weathertop, I don't think it's on clearance at my store.

The only one that was on clearance at my store was Shelob; the store by campus didn't have any on clearance.

Yeah, the LOTR were the ones I was hoping to find. There was literally one Shelob Attacks, the one I pounced on; the rest of the LOTR sets except for the big ones (which don't appear to have been marked down) were gone. :(

[quote name='chibilaharl']MY target had a bunch of Playstation AC adapters on clearance for 9.xx. can anyone confirm if these work with the vita?[/QUOTE]

If you want a Vita adapter, check Best Buy. I think they have 'em on clearance for like 6 bucks there.

[quote name='SackAttack']Yeah, the LOTR were the ones I was hoping to find. There was literally one Shelob Attacks, the one I pounced on; the rest of the LOTR sets except for the big ones (which don't appear to have been marked down) were gone. :([/QUOTE]

lol, that was my exact experience Sunday.

[quote name='GamerDude316']
Resident Evil Revelations 3DS $13.98 (no misprinted copies)
[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

Damn it! Was in a store across town with a stack of them and forgot to check for the misprints because I couldn't get the ^&*~!# ShopKick app to work and I had 1 more hhgregg to hit!

Oh. TMI. *hides in corner*

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']:bomb:

Damn it! Was in a store across town with a stack of them and forgot to check for the misprints because I couldn't get the ^&*~!# ShopKick app to work and I had 1 more hhgregg to hit!

Oh. TMI. *hides in corner*[/QUOTE]

Customers who have been affected by the misspelling on the Resident Evil Revelations packaging can contact Capcom Customer Service at 650-350-6700 or [email protected] and a new insert for the front of box will be sent.

So I wouldn't worry about it.

[quote name='admiralvic']So I wouldn't worry about it.[/QUOTE]

I would keep the misspelled 1, unopened, as decor.

I have been wanting this game. The demo is creepy as hell! :D

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']All the damn lego sets sell out by me during the first drop. There was 10 or 15 of the little lotr lego sets that all sold in one day...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SackAttack']Yeah, the LOTR were the ones I was hoping to find. There was literally one Shelob Attacks, the one I pounced on; the rest of the LOTR sets except for the big ones (which don't appear to have been marked down) were gone. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']lol, that was my exact experience Sunday.[/QUOTE]

With anything worth getting on clearance at Target, employing the return/rebuy method of price adjustment is critical. Thankfully I have so many Target locations near me that have different clearance cycles/inventory at MSRP, it allows for tremendous opportunities for 70% off or greater to be realized.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']All the damn lego sets sell out by me during the first drop. There was 10 or 15 of the little lotr lego sets that all sold in one day...[/QUOTE]

It could also be the case of the Pirates of the Carribean Black Pearl sets. Those all vanished during the first drop, but conspicuously reemerged six months later as a Black Friday doorbuster "deal." :roll:

My local store dropped the move sharp shooter from about 27 dollars to about 19 this week. They had a Killzone with controller bundle for 29.99, I left it as I already own it.

Also a PS3 usb craddle for about 14.98 . Seen a bunch of various Skylanders bundles, was about 27 dollars, and a stack of street fighter vs tekken games for vita ($19.98, has been that price since last week).

Seen a Little Big Planet bundle set (I guess with a camera and maybe move? just remembering this now) was about $69. I would just settle for finding all of it used or just wait till it drops down in price.

Ton of generic flat screen TV's were also being clearanced, anywhere from 200-380.

This all was on it's own endcap, seen Resident Evil Mercenaries for 3DS but it was about 20 dollars still. Few vita games on a bottom shelf were marked down to about $19.98 (Rayman Origins and maybe some others, nothing really interests me if it isn't lower than 15 dollars).

My major purchase was non gaming, an Epson xp-600 printer which was about $91 dollars originally (repackaged price) but I got one of the employees to knock the price down to $63.71 (packaging was beaten all around, but the product looks to be in great shape, actually didn't ask them to even lower the price they did knowing they probably couldn't sell it quickly, or at least didn't want to mark it down more so now was the best chance). YMMV. They sure do like to try to upsell on the replacement plans, I simply denied and got a "we're helping you out". Forgot to use my target card to get 5% off now that I think about it. Either way, was an investment purchase for my work and not complaining as it is appreciated. Could of waited but then never know who might of bought it before me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish my lego sets would even hit clearance. I bought some Queen annes revenge ones for 29.98 back before Black Friday and havent had any go on sale since. Would love the LOTR sets.

All PS3 branded BT headsets for 19.98, RE Mercs for 13.98, rayman at 20.98 and PS3 usb hub for 9.98... That was it at my store today. Pretty disappointed. OoT, LOTR legos abd larger headsets were all MSRP. The Amazing Spiderman set vanished too, unfortunately.

[quote name='mrclutch']Anyone know much about the ps3 Bluetooth headset?[/QUOTE]

Fairly standard headset, but it does enable some features on the PS3. Like you can see the charge, if you're muted, volume on screen, but that's about it.

[quote name='admiralvic']Fairly standard headset, but it does enable some features on the PS3. Like you can see the charge, if you're muted, volume on screen, but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Maaaan. I would LOVE to get Bioshock Infinite premium. None to be found in my area. I would be forever indebted if a fellow CAG sees one somewhere. 360 preferably. PM me, I will make it worth your while somehow!

Found a Resident Evil Misprint. $13.98. Store I visited also had 2 non-misprinted copies. Was considering getting one of each just to keep the misprint sealed but decided against it (If they were ringing up as $10 I probably would have). This was the Southington, CT store. The New Britan store HAD at least 3 copies earlier according to the sales guy, but they were all sold.

Reporting from the Westwood, ca city target

Nothing great but saw a couple

Cooking mama 3ds - $4.98
Dungeon hunter vita - $14.98
Lumines Vita - $14.98
Unit 13 vita - $14.98
4gb vita memory card - $9.98
Injustice gods among us ps3 - $40.98 (if i remember correctly)

Tons of 3ds accessories on clearance as well

[quote name='Link2999']Found a Resident Evil Misprint. $13.98. Store I visited also had 2 non-misprinted copies. Was considering getting one of each just to keep the misprint sealed but decided against it (If they were ringing up as $10 I probably would have). This was the Southington, CT store. The New Britan store HAD at least 3 copies earlier according to the sales guy, but they were all sold.[/QUOTE]

I stopped at the Southington store on the way home from work and passed on those same copies of RE, maybe if they fall below $10 I'll pick one up. I also stopped at the Waterbury, CT Target after I left the gym, and they seem to have eliminated their clearance section completely :cry:

Got this to teach me how to swim today can not wait to play it:

945884_10201285352798165_1789463645_n.jpg

I saw a pulse elite headset today clearanced 30%. Marked $104.something. Almost picked it up but already have the first Sony 7.1 headset.

[quote name='admiralvic']Fairly standard headset, but it does enable some features on the PS3. Like you can see the charge, if you're muted, volume on screen, but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

So do you think that at $20 that's a reasonable price? I don't really like the "skin" but don't have a ps3 headset and using it for my phone, since you need it almost anywhere you drive now, would be a bonus. Or would I just be better off waiting until someone just puts a generic unit on sale for about the same?

[quote name='KemperJones']Today I found Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One for $1.54 207240464[/QUOTE]

I would have grabbed a disc copy for that price despite the fact that I have it free from plus (and haven't played it yet)...but still $5.98 at my store.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']oh, and the $23.98 bioshock tags are the premium edition and not the guide[/QUOTE]

U sure its premium edition? For what system? Is this YMMV or national clearance. The reason i ask because some of the posts like zelda and castlevania i checked that was regular $39.99 vs what some CAG here posted.

[quote name='The Punisher']U sure its premium edition? For what system? Is this YMMV or national clearance. The reason i ask because some of the posts like zelda and castlevania i checked that was regular $39.99 vs what some CAG here posted.[/QUOTE]

The Bioshock drops were another YMMV deal like the Castlevania and Zelda ones where only a few stores had them on clearance. A few people found the premium edition for ps3 on clearance like a week after release (whereas everyone else, myself included, checked and it was still full price). I'm guessing this is just a continuation of that.

[quote name='MR_E']The Bioshock drops were another YMMV deal like the Castlevania and Zelda ones where only a few stores had them on clearance. A few people found the premium edition for ps3 on clearance like a week after release (whereas everyone else, myself included, checked and it was still full price). I'm guessing this is just a continuation of that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up. man would love to get it for that price

Went to a Target over town today while out driving around and found Kingdom Hearts 3Ds for I think $10.06??? (it was listed as an online item).

Clearly was brand new and had the AR cards in it according to a sticker thus making it "limited edition".

Bought it using a GC from returning an epically bad Christmas gift and will be giving it to my girlfriend (she has the 3ds).

[quote name='MR_E']I would have grabbed a disc copy for that price despite the fact that I have it free from plus (and haven't played it yet)...but still $5.98 at my store.[/QUOTE]

I have it from PS+ and haven't touched it either. Figure it may be good trade fodder one of these days.

On another note, of the five copes of RE: Revelations that I saw, none of them were misprints. Damn.

Found Rayman Origins Vita for 9.98 so that was an instant buy. Resident Evil 3DS was also that price. I own that though. LBP2 Move Bundle was 65. Own all that too. Lots of decent accessories on clearance but nothing I wanted or needed. Seems like the clearance may start to be better for the first time in over a year.

All i came across was RE:R for 13.98 and a boatload of skylanders giant bundles for 34.98 for360 and Wii, might keep my eye on them for one more drop..oh and too many to count Epic Mickey 2 brush/controllers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back