Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jawwaad1']Had a pleasant surprise today at work. Went to the back room to pull a game for a guest and saw we had 2 Mass Effect 3 360 Collector's Editions in stock. Used the PDA to check the price and they came up as $19.99 but not listed as clearance but rather discontinued. Only one other store had some in my district. Here's the DPCI 207-22-0799[/QUOTE]

Locator:
http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13780280

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']Call me crazy, call me optimistic, but I think there is going to be an announcement for price drops on the memcards at E3 from Sony. :pray:[/QUOTE]

Or new sizes at the old price points.

I mean, doesn't anybody else think it's weird that everybody seem to be discontinuing the 16 and/or the 32's? Either everybody's bailing on the Good Ship Vita, or they've got some information about new memory card sizes that haven't been announced yet.

[quote name='SackAttack']Or new sizes at the old price points.

I mean, doesn't anybody else think it's weird that everybody seem to be discontinuing the 16 and/or the 32's? Either everybody's bailing on the Good Ship Vita, or they've got some information about new memory card sizes that haven't been announced yet.[/QUOTE]

They've also been discounting the lower ones, like Sears had 4 gb's for $2 or so dollars and one of my Targets had 30 or so 4 gb's for $10. However, I wouldn't really read into it too much.

Vita sales aren't really stellar and most people don't want to pay premium prices on a memory card. When you consider the 32 gb memory card costs nearly 50% of the Vita's total price (at MSRP), it's not impossible to believe they're not selling. Sure it's possible, but I think wishful thinking is getting the best of common sense.

[quote name='Jawwaad1']The store I work for is in Cockeysville, Maryland 21030. The one that shows 3 in my district is Baltimore West 21215[/QUOTE]
The Mondawmin Mall store always has everything. Now actually finding it in the store when you get there is another story. The GameStop store in the mall has some rare finds at times too.

[quote name='klimb22']The Mondawmin Mall store always has everything. Now actually finding it in the store when you get there is another story. The GameStop store in the mall has some rare finds at times too.[/QUOTE]

You're right about that. I think that a lot gamers don't like to visit West Baltimore all that much so a lot of the niche title games and certain genres of games just sit there in Target and Gamestop. The Gamestop in Mondawmin was the last place to still have the Fire Emblem 3DS bundles and they sat there for awhile. Since moving out of the city, I don't get to visit there as much as I used to.

Found the Turtle Beach Earforce Foxtrot gaming headset, which was one of the special Modern Warfare 3 headsets from 2011 marked down to $29.98 SKU# 207000056

[quote name='jukkakhan']Bunch of new stuff magically appeared at my Target:

16GB Vita Memory Card $29.98 [207 00 0140]
8GB Vita Memory Card $14.98 [207 00 0131]
4GB Vita Memory Card $13.98 [207 00 0133]

:ps3: Skylanders Portal Owners Pack $29.98 [207 24 1451]
:360: Skylanders Spyro's Adventure $34.98 [207 22 1400] (Dunno the name of this one. Long-ish box, game on the right side, 3 or so figures on the left side)

[/QUOTE]

that is the skylanders giants portal owners pack right? dont know why all the prices at my target are always higher, 34.98 for that and all the wii u accessories on clearance are $5 more too.

[quote name='Mikko']If anyone would be willing to pick up and middle man me a clearance RE: Revelations, i'd be grateful.[/QUOTE]
Same here. My local Target sucks, so I couldn't get it. the other ones could be a waste of my time.

[quote name='Jawwaad1']You're right about that. I think that a lot gamers don't like to visit West Baltimore all that much so a lot of the niche title games and certain genres of games just sit there in Target and Gamestop. The Gamestop in Mondawmin was the last place to still have the Fire Emblem 3DS bundles and they sat there for awhile. Since moving out of the city, I don't get to visit there as much as I used to.[/QUOTE]
Truth be told about GS though, you are in the hot spot now. I find myself always hitting up York Marketplace, Grand York, Towson Marketplace, Putty Hill and Perring Plaza. Hunt Valley was a goldmine too before it closed.

As far as Targets go, Hunt Valley and Middle River always have the good clearance finds.

[quote name='ritchardf']that is the skylanders giants portal owners pack right? dont know why all the prices at my target are always higher, 34.98 for that and all the wii u accessories on clearance are $5 more too.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 one was for sure, the 360 one was something else.

And the timing of the clearance drops varies from Target to Target. The store 5 minutes from me has stuff sitting at 30% off for ages while the store 15 minutes from me drops prices like a rock.

Found Resident Evil: Revelations at my Target for $9.98 today. Bought it just because it seemed cheap enough although I don't even own a 3ds.....

[quote name='dodgeme']Found Resident Evil: Revelations at my Target for $9.98 today. Bought it just because it seemed cheap enough although I don't even own a 3ds.....[/QUOTE]

You can sell it to me. I'll give you $14.25 for it.

RE Rev still $13.98. There's enough stores showing stock that I'll wait for the next drop.

They finally took Green Lantern DS out of the glass case. $5.98. Got the 3DS version for around the same price on Amazon.

Got RE:revelations for 9.98 even though I already had it, RE: mercs for 14.98, saw asuras wraith for 14.98 for each system but already had it, and 4 gb vita sticks for 9.98. Pretty decent prices I thought for once.

man, I haven't seen a good clearance game at Target in years. :whistle2:(

Seriously, I think the last game I got there was The Saboteur back in like, 2010? The Targets in my city have crappy to non-existant clearances for games now. They used to be awesome.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']You can sell it to me. I'll give you $14.25 for it.[/QUOTE]

I plan on going to a Target near me that had some, if you want me to snag you one.

[quote name='dodgeme']Found Resident Evil: Revelations at my Target for $9.98 today. Bought it just because it seemed cheap enough although I don't even own a 3ds.....[/QUOTE]

i wonder if this will hit $5 since its coming to pc and consoles

[quote name='klimb22']Truth be told about GS though, you are in the hot spot now. I find myself always hitting up York Marketplace, Grand York, Towson Marketplace, Putty Hill and Perring Plaza. Hunt Valley was a goldmine too before it closed.

As far as Targets go, Hunt Valley and Middle River always have the good clearance finds.[/QUOTE]

Since you come out this way a lot, come to the Cockeysville Target. I work in electronics. I'll keep you up to date with the clearance we have. Put a game aside for you if it's a good deal. Always willing to help out a fellow CAG. Next time I work is Tuesday 3:30 to close.

Found a few things at my local Target.
Resident Evil Revelations for the 3ds was $13.xx and there was also some Crossword Puzzle game for the 3ds for $8.xx

Also found Rayman Origins on the Vita for $8.98. Even though I've already platinumed it, at that price, I couldn't say no :D

[quote name='admiralvic']I plan on going to a Target near me that had some, if you want me to snag you one.[/QUOTE]

Hells yes.

Thanks. Send me a PM when you get one.

The RE:REv clearance seems a bit stupid to me. For one, it's a great game, and since it is coming out as an enhanced HD version on WiiU, PS3, and 360 soon, I would think they would try to go for another push of the 3DS version as well. I bought it the day it came out for the 3DS for full price and it was worth every penny.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm going to check my local Target for clearance items today after my exams. I'll post if I find anything worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

Going to hit a couple today myself. Hopefully something new out there.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm going to check my local Target for clearance items today after my exams. I'll post if I find anything worthwhile.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know you were still in school, for some reason always imagined you as the dad type...

Good luck on your exams and the hunt.

[quote name='GDogs']man, I haven't seen a good clearance game at Target in years. :whistle2:(

Seriously, I think the last game I got there was The Saboteur back in like, 2010? The Targets in my city have crappy to non-existant clearances for games now. They used to be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Same with me, the last great deal I got was the SM3DL Red 3DS bundle, then before that the last huge deals I got was the Halo Reach that came with the statue and I got DJ Hero when it was first hitting clearance. Since then I'm sure I've gotten a couple things but it's been nowhere near as good as it's haydays. Best thing I've gotten since then was a camera lens on clearance and toys for my kids.

I'm even willing to travel a bit (only one Target in my immediate area but there's one about 50min to the NW and then another one about 60min to the N) if there's really good widespread deals (the one N of me is where I got Halo Reach) but there really hasn't even been that.

Thanks for the headsup everyone. Found Resident Evil Revelations for $9.98 and picked it up. They also had Energizer 3DS bodyguards, Wii U Mickey accessories, Marvel 3DS pouches, Little Planet PS3 Move sets (for $69.98), PS3 Move rifle/gun ($19.98) and many PS3 headsets (looks like a Bluetooth device).

Has anyone used the Oswald Clicker to play any Wii games besides Epic Mickey 2? The box says "For use only with Epic Mickey 2."

[quote name='amusedtoe']At a Target right now that previously had Revelations for about $14 on clearance and it's now a 19.99 value game. :([/QUOTE]

so it scanned at 19.99??

Found tags for the mlb/nba 2k13 pack at $23.98 for 360, but no copies.

Edit: and a tag for Naruto ultimate ninja storm 3 for both systems for $17.98

Interestingly the ps3 one has a rain check tag over it

Edit2: just found a tag for Saints Row 4 PS3 for $41.98

[quote name='amusedtoe']At a Target right now that previously had Revelations for about $14 on clearance and it's now a 19.99 value game. :([/QUOTE]

Might be because of issues (as seen in another thread) about RE:R :360:/:ps3: being accidentally put out before street date at one (or multiple) Target(s) and getting caught in the clearance cycle. Maybe they reset the 3DS version too.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']
Edit2: just found a tag for Saints Row 4 PS3 for $41.98[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaa?

Found an Azura's Wrath (Xbox 360) for 14.98. Didn't grab it though. My backlog is to big right now. If it drops to 9.99, I might buy it.

im pretty sure they have asura's wrath as a used game for 12.99. i know i saw max payne 3 and what not. used game might vary from store to store but they had a decent selection last time i checked

Hit up 2 targets today in St Pete (pinellas park and tyrone) nothing of interest. I was hoping to find Vita Rayman Origins. The one on Tyrone still had a copy of RE Revelations 3ds for 9.98 though.

Since I don't believe there's a Walmart clearance thread (and rightfully so, since it generally sucks), I just thought I'd post this here.

Nothing show stopping but snagged a Nintendo 3DS Charging Cradle w/AC Adapter for the girlfriend's 3DS last night for $5.00. Seemed like a good deal even just for the extra adapter alone.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']Hit up 2 targets today in St Pete (pinellas park and tyrone) nothing of interest. I was hoping to find Vita Rayman Origins. The one on Tyrone still had a copy of RE Revelations 3ds for 9.98 though.[/QUOTE]

How much is the Rayman Origins? Saw 2 copies in the clearance bin but didn't have a price on them.

[quote name='Marauder7']How much is the Rayman Origins? Saw 2 copies in the clearance bin but didn't have a price on them.[/QUOTE]

You realize the post directly above the one you quoted has an answer to your question, right? :razz:

[quote name='enigma']You realize the post directly above the one you quoted has an answer to your question, right? :razz:[/QUOTE]

Rayman Origins Vita has been $20.98 at one local Target, so pricing varies for this title and most others. I've been waiting for $10 or less, but I doubt it makes it since there is only one left.

My store apparently decided to do RE: R clearance half assed. It's on clearance, once it's rung up or at a price scanner, but there's no stickers or indication that it's on clearance. It's 9.98 at my store. If anyone needs one picked up for them, be glad to middleman you a copy. Shoot me a PM for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back